Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!  (Read 117157 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
In all the excitement of following TAR30 filming, I just remembered that...

:conf: HaMerotz 6 actually premieres tomorrow!! :conf: Having been bumped up from November.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »
Starting this thread as the season is underway. First leg has just concluded airing :)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 04:32:15 PM »
I'm hoping we'll be using the same QuickTopic board for this
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
Leg 2 will air on the 28th of October, 1st of November and 4th of November :)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 06:31:53 PM »
Yep, in NYC.

So no split first leg like the previous two seasons, back to a single premiere elimination. Sadly knew who would be the first eliminated for a few weeks, as whoever was watching the Wikipedia page was quite insistent on reverting edits back to their name having the red 12th :(

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »
Yep, in NYC.

So no split first leg like the previous two seasons, back to a single premiere elimination. Sadly knew who would be the first eliminated for a few weeks, as whoever was watching the Wikipedia page was quite insistent on reverting edits back to their name having the red 12th :(
Except season 5, the first team who booted for every seasons were F/F teams, but this version also have many stong F/F teams like Romi/Coral, Bar/Inna and Lee/Tal, and season 5 is the only season so far have more M/M teams than F/F teams

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 01:19:55 PM »
In the interest of the English-language Wiki, I have a couple of questions for our Hebrew-reading members, on information I haven't been able to find.

-What are the teams' correct team relationships as displayed on screen? The Google Translation...didn't turn out so well on a couple of them (e.g. Omer & Neta, being brother and sister I'm pretty sure are "Siblings", but it came out as "Brothers"!)
-What are their last names? Without a last initial, Mor & Mor are obviously going to be a problem in identifying who did what Roadblock :P

Also, not a question, just adding. Helen...I can't unsee a resemblance to Jackie Ibarra from TAR26! :P

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »
Thought it was an enjoyable premiere.

The opening heights was pretty good, and I liked the nod to 1930s New York construction and the lax safety standards. Thought the IKEA task was creative with the spot the differences and having to find the correct items in store. Not too to say about the olive oil task aside from a few moments of physical comedy. Despite not knowing Hebrew, I have a decent understanding of a majority of the teams and they appear to have potential. Looking forward to New York and the rest of the season.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
Regev & Helen - Married 2+ Years
Omer & Neta - Siblings
Tohar & Evelyn - Married 2+ Years
Anne & Yarden - Best Friends
Daniel & Elijah - Models
Yossi & Udi - Firefighter and Volunteer Policeman
Mor & Mor - New Mothers
Nimrod & Jonathan - Pianists
Noa & Ma'ayan - Cousins
Meitar & Adi - Childhood Friends
Asaf & Jessica -  Exes
Hanni & Avivit - Holon Municipality Officers

and, they are Mor Silva and Mor Swede, so just put down Mor Si. and Mor Sw. (a la the TAR Asia 4 page)

...at least, that's what I got.

Do people still want me to do my super-quick description of the tasks post after each episode?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
  • you are my destiny//jai ho जय हो
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 01:36:28 PM »
Just watched the first third of the first episode before my coffee got cold. Ah, those super long Merotz episodes.

So far, my assessment from the first 30-minutes glance(admitted bias towards F/F teams because American TAR could get some casting lessons from Merotz)

Love:
Hanni/Avivit - they seem to be pretty competent and they deal with high-stress situations in their daily lives. Hanni is a little extra, but so far I think it's endearing.
Evelyn/Tohar - the story about losing their baby was a heart breaking one - losing a child is not something unique to them, but they seem to be really genuine and sweet.
Mor/Mor - despite the fact that they have the same name which makes it confusing, I believe that they along with Helen/Regev were the first at the construction task.
Nimrod/Yonatan - they're so nerdy, but I like the fact that they enunciate clearly so I don't have to be constantly reading to keep up with them. I hope they do well.

Like:
Daniel/Eliyahu - They don't seem like the super-alpha-males that dominate so many seasons of American TAR. I like their derpyness. Daniel is the hotter one.
Anne/Yarden - They seem fun. Anne wears WAY too much makeup.
Helen/Regev - They also seem fun, and I like a couple that can make fun of each other and laugh about it.
Adi/Meitar - I thought that they were a gay couple at first, but Adi just has a short-ish hairstyle and kind of a masculine face, but seems to be really down-to-earth. Meitar is gorgeous. Their intro was really cute.
Yossi/Udi - Giving off Tiltil/Mizrahi vibes, lovable dads. Although Udi, in the intro spot - what the **** is wrong with you? You want your children to be proud of you, but then you go on the Amazing Race and the first thing you do is burst into tears and walk off-camera? (Totally joking, but I hope I don't have to watch a whole season of guys crying)

Dislike:
No'a/Ma'ayan - The rare F/F team that I dislike. They seem too into themselves, with Ma'Ayan's description of herself as an Instagram model. No'a seems somewhat tolerable.
Omer/Neta - Omer seems like a giant tool, and Neta comes off as an airhead. They struck me as bratty.
Jessica/Asaf - No. Can't stand Jessica's voice and Asaf's smugness. I know that exes make for "good TV" but that whole ice-skating to Frozen bit...just no.
TAR. USA/Israel.

aishwarya rai :: nicole scherzinger :: ke$ha :: leila lopes :: rosanne cash :: des'ree :: carly simon :: leymah gbowee :: mary j blige :: kathy najimy :: annie lennox :: angelique kidjo :: dolly parton :: temple grandin :: sheila e :: lena :: ellen degeneres :: shirley manson

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 09:19:52 PM »
Are these (Wikipedia's) the spellings we're going with? Are we sure it's Eliyahu? Maybe it's just me, but I swear on the show they're pronouncing it just "Eliya"

(I just ask because if I have to change the spelling of a name later, like I did with Alla's in season 4, it's a lot of tedious wiki work)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 12:00:40 PM »
Episode 2 is online; however, when clicked the video says that the "content isn't available in your country" but still plays the audio. There are other ways to watch the episode (I know I can't publicly post links), so here are some thoughts:

Hard not to feel bad for the cops after struggling so much with the first task (even the clue giver comforted them) to losing the face off at the end of the episode.

So weird watching the show do a task at Washington Square Park three weeks after attending the live start. The spot the scale was set up was nearly the same spot where I waited for the TAR 30 teams to arrive.

Was hilarious watching the teams ask tourists and NYU graduates in full robes to volunteer. Also hilarious to see the confusion of the teams when they asked for people's weights in kilos only to get a response in pounds.

During the face off, one of the models (don't know names yet) stepped of the side of the platform as opposed to being pulled of building.  :funny:

No preview at the end and no full intro.

GB, according to a post on the show's Facebook, Eliyahu is the correct spelling. Also, here are the locations so far:

Newark Liberty International
Central Park
Washington Square Park
Bush Terminal in Sunset Park (Face Off and Yield vote)
Élan Flowers (Last clue before episode ended)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
I thought the first part of Leg 2 wasn't on until the 28th

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
It aired yesterday. Only found out by looking at the show's Facebook.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 12:38:23 PM »
Ah. Awesome.

So they flew in via Newark, not JFK. Will fix that on the WP page.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 01:52:49 PM »
I hope a link comes up

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »
Ah. Awesome.

So they flew in via Newark, not JFK. Will fix that on the WP page.

Correct, all the cabs at the airport had yellow NJ plates as opposed to orange or blue NY plates. Also, in their cab, the cops said "This is New York" to which their cab driver responded "This is New Jersey," and when they got out their cab said Newark on the side door.

ianthebalence, there are ways to watch episode 2, I just do not know where to post considering RFF's rules.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 06:41:53 PM »
I don't know how to edit Wikipedia, so I might as well put this here.

Yield Vote (Which included multiple scenes of teams admiring their cast photos)

Tohar & Evelyn: Asaf & Jessica
Regev & Helen: Tohar & Evelyn
Yossi & Udi: Anne & Yarden
Daniel & Elijah: Regev & Helen
Nimrod & Jonathan: Regev & Helen
Asaf & Jessica: Tohar & Evelyn
Meitar & Adi: Regev & Helen
Anne & Yarden: Regev & Helen
Omer & Neta: Regev & Helen
Mor & Mor: Hanni & Avivit
Hanni & Avivit: Regev & Helen
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:42:24 PM by Xoruz »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 09:21:51 PM »
New York City is one of the very few foreign places I have actually visited, so it's wonderful every time I get to see it.

While it was sad to see the cops struggling so much at the big apple task, I did have to laugh as they showed a crew member packing up the race flag and carrying it away. That's sort of halfway breaking the fourth wall, and the team even commented on it.

Wow, that is A BIG DOG in Washington Square! It was taller than the female contestant and then it jumped on her!! Who knew Clifford lived in New York?

Emily? Ashley. Emily? Ashley! Angela? Jessica? ASHLEY!!

Tug-of-war does not belong on The Amazing Race. It is never fair, and it never will be.

Can anyone help me find the location of the Yield vote board? Pretty sure it's in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. I THINK I saw a street sign nearby saying 50th Street, but it was blurry. Looks like there's some sort of tool shop on the intersection where it's located.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 06:43:40 AM »
Can anyone help me find the location of the Yield vote board? Pretty sure it's in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. I THINK I saw a street sign nearby saying 50th Street, but it was blurry. Looks like there's some sort of tool shop on the intersection where it's located.

Intersection of 50th St and 2nd Ave in Sunset Park.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6491043,-74.0169459,3a,75y,33.76h,78.49t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2dpB2GyWMIxXasBRSx7z_Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 07:15:27 PM »
I don't know how to edit Wikipedia, so I might as well put this here.

Yield Vote (Which included multiple scenes of teams admiring their cast photos)

Tohar & Evelyn: Asaf & Jessica
Regev & Helen: Tohar & Evelyn
Daniel & Elijah: Regev & Helen
Asaf & Jessica: Tohar & Evelyn
Anne & Yarden: Regev & Helen
Mor & Mor: Hanni & Avivit
Hanni & Avivit: Waiting out penalty, hasn't voted

Done :) It's already clear who's getting Yielded. Regev & Helen have 5/10 votes.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 07:48:42 PM »
can explain the task so far

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 08:11:10 AM »
can explain the task so far

Leg 1

Winter Lake Park: Teams had to walk across an I-beam suspended high above the park. Teams only had a short rope to balance each other. When teams reached the end of the beam, they had to sit down on the beam next to a marked lunch tin and have a picture taken holding the tin.

IKEA: Teams would choose a room display inside the store. Once teams thought that they had all the details in the room memorized, they would go outside to a similar looking display. Teams had to spot what was different in the outdoor display. They then would have to find all the correct items in the store and present them to a judge.

Yavneh Food Products Group: Teams had to balance themselves on opposite ends of a seesaw. Teams had to walk to the middle of the seesaw and fill a bucket with cups of olive oil. If either end of the seesaw touched the ground, teams would have to go back. After teams completed the task, their only instruction to find the pit stop was to find the mikveh that has been teaching agriculture for nearly 150 years.

Leg 2

Central Park: Teams had to toss a ball painted to look like an apple (The Big Apple) on top of a metal structure, an inverted cone atop a smaller cone. Teams had to balance the ball while they walked to a corresponding can. Once teams reached the can, they had to tilt the structure so the ball falls into the can. If the ball fell off the structure, teams had to start over.

Washington Square Park: Teams had to gather people to stand on a scale. Teams needed enough people to reach a weight of approximately 1636 kilograms (the weight of one million shekels using only five-shekel coins). Weights between 1631-1641 were acceptable.

Bush Terminal: (Double Battle) Tug-of-war atop two buildings. First team to pull the other off the roof advances.

Élan Flowers: Teams had to pick up a bouquet of flowers and four present. They then had to walk to Ari Soho and pick up 10 suits. They then walked to Ground Support Cafe to pick up 8 cups of coffee. They then walked to Art + Autonomy Salon to pick up a bag of golf clubs and a rolling luggage. They had to bring all of these items intact to "Mr. Donald" at 241 Centre St. If any of the items were lost or destroyed, they would have to go back.

Times Square - LaLine: Teams had to pick up a tray of scented body cream. They then had to walk around Times Square and encourage passersby to try their cream until they found a miniature race flag hidden in one of the creams.

Upper West Side - Big Daddy's: Teams would order off a menu written in Hebrew, which contained only the names of specials like "Million Dollar Baby" and "The American Dream." Teams were instructed to find the signature dish by ordering from the menu. They would then find out and be given the food they ordered, but the server would blend the drinks into a shake for the teams to drink. Teams would be told if they found the signature dish after completing their shake. If they did not find the signature dish, then teams would have to make another order. Once teams ordered the signature dish, they would be given a chocolate milk shake (some teams thought it was a trick) to drink and would be given their next clue.

United Palace: Teams had to perform a scene from the musical Peter Pan. One had to dress as Wendy and the other had to dress as Peter Pan. They would have to learn a choreographed routine from a video. When they were ready, they would perform the routine on stage, where Peter Pan would be harnessed to fly. Once they performed the scene correctly, they would receive their next clue.

Louis Valentino, Jr. Park and Pier: Each team had to dress up as the Statue of Liberty and hold a net between the two of them. Three people would them throw balls at them, and teams would have to catch 5 to receive their next clue.

United Nations Headquarters: Teams had to listen to a song that listed several places such as France, England, Italy, China, Japan, Hawaii, Morocco, and Kenya. Teams then had to search Times Square and find one person from three of these locations. They then had to bring all of the people they found to the UN judge standing next to the US Army Recruiting Times Square. Once the judge confirmed that the team had found all of the required people, who would have to present their passports/identification and say hello in their native languages, the team would receive their clue and could check in at the pit stop.

Times Square: (Greeter Krista DeBono TAR 27) Yield Mat (Regev & Helen) & Pit Stop
Show content
1 Daniel & Eliyahu
2 Meitar & Adi
3 Nimrod & Jonathan
4 Omer & Neta
5 Mor & Mor
6 Hanni & Avivit
7 Regev & Helen
8 Tohar & Evelyn
9 Anne & Yarden
10 Yossi & Udi
11 Asaf & Jessica (eliminated)

Leg 3

Waikiki Beach: Teams had to dress as mermaids with a coconut bra and a mermaid tail. Teams then had to drag themselves along the beach and find a bucket. Once they found a bucket, teams had to return to the starting point to find a mermaid lying next to an outrigger canoe. They then had to ask someone to douse each of them with a bucket of water and pose for a photo with the mermaid to receive their next clue.

Sand Island Beach:

U-Turn Vote
Show content
Regev & Helen: Daniel & Eliyahu
Anne & Yarden: Yossi & Udi
Daniel & Eliyahu: Regev & Helen
Mor & Mor: Nimrod & Jonathan
Hanni & Avivit: Regev & Helen
Tohar & Evelyn: Yossi & Udi

One team member had to ride a water-powered jetpack called a Flyboard high enough to view a grid containing icons associated with Hawaii. The team member on shore had an incomplete grid that was missing several icons. The team member on the Flyboard had to relay the icons while flying above water to their partner on shore to complete the grid. Once all the icons were in there proper spots, teams would receive their next clue.

Fruit Stand: Teams had to pick up a tropical drink from a fruit stand (Sponsor: ספרינג).

Magic Island: (Double battle) Teams had to swim out to an inflatable Saturn floating in the lagoon. They then had to balance on the Saturn and work to knock off their opponents. After 10 minutes, teams could only hold onto the Saturn with one hand. Once both members of a team fell of, the other team would receive their next clue.
Show content
Hanni & Avivit lost and received the 15 minute penalty.

Sandy Beach: (Detour: Above the Sand or Under the Sand)

Above: Teams had to pull a heavy stone across the sand using a rope and four logs. As teams moved the stone across the sand, they would have to move the last log to the front of the stone to keep it moving. Once teams pulled the stone across the marked finish, they would receive their next clue.

Under: One team member had to become a human metal detector and had to wear a helmet with a search coil attached while being held by their legs by their partner, who was wearing headphones. Teams had to search a roped-off area of the beach and find a metal plate shaped like a hand in the Shaka position to receive their next clue.

Coral Kingdom Gate (Roadblock): One team member had to ride a land sled (TAR 20) down a hill. At the bottom of the hill, the chosen team member had to grab the correct among several incorrect clues. Once they found the correct clue, they would receive their next clue.

Papahana Kualoa: Teams had to grab sweet potatoes wrapped in foil cooking on a fire. Teams then had to walk barefoot across sharp rocks to a basket and peel the potatoes. After teams peeled 25 potatoes, they would receive their next clue.

Bob's Hawaii Adventure (Overnight Rest): One team member travelled by boat to the coral reef in Maunalua Bay. When that person arrived, they entered a BOBdive and would propel themselves to a metal frame containing several baby photos of the racers. The chosen team member would have to find the six photos that pictured their team as children. Once they believed they got all six photos, they would return to the marina. If they were wrong, then their partner would have to search for the correct photos. Once teams found all six photos, a person dressed as a shark would give them their next clue.

Skin Deep Tattoo and Piercing: Teams would receive a temporary tattoo of a map of Honolulu on their backs. Teams would then have to ask locals what was tattooed in order to figure out the location of their next clue.

Bailey's Antiques and Aloha Shirts: Teams had to search through over 15000 Hawaiian shirts for one that matched the pattern given to teams to receive their next clue.

Waialae Beach Park: Pit Stop
Show content
1 Daniel & Eliyahu
2 Regev & Helen
3 Adi & Meitar
4 Yossi & Udi
5 Anne & Yarden
6 Omer & Neta
7 Mor & Mor
8 Honey & Avivit
9 Tohar & Evelin
10 Nimrod & Yonatan (eliminated)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:03:17 PM by Xoruz »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 03:30:55 PM »
Leg 2 Locations (as of episode 3)

Newark Liberty International
Central Park
Washington Square Park
Sunset Park - Bush Terminal (Double Battle)
Sunset Park - American Made Furniture (Yield Vote)
Élan Flowers
LaLine Times Square
Big Daddy's (Broadway location)
United Palace (HOO and Yield Reveal Board)

When teams arrived at Élan Flowers, they had to perform errands for "Mr. Donald." I only caught three of the four places they went: Ari Soho, Art + Autonomy Salon, and "Mr. Donald's" loft at 241 Centre St Soho. Did not catch the coffee shop (I'm pretty sure it's Ground Support Cafe, but they only showed interior).

Preview: Teams get pelted with baseballs while dressed as the Statue of Liberty (I'm not making this up)
             Pitstop in Times Square with a familiar face.

Again, no full intro.

Done :) It's already clear who's getting Yielded. Regev & Helen have 5/10 votes.

Make that 6/11. Also Maanca, Coconut Verbena was the second task in this episode.