Author Topic: Amazing Race Canada 6 PRE RACE NEWS and SPECULATION  (Read 33436 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing Race Canada 6 PRE RACE NEWS and SPECULATION
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:01:11 PM »
Season 6 has been confirmed (with a twist)!

https://www.ctv.ca/theamazingracecanada/casting

This season we are looking for more heroes to compete on The Amazing Race Canada.  Heroes come in all forms – military personnel, first responders, teachers, coaches, volunteers, athletes, activists, families – all demonstrating leadership, compassion and always wanting to make a difference.

NEW THIS SEASON

You can nominate your Hero or Heroes to be on the show!
It could be a relative, a teacher or coach, a colleague, anyone that you look up to and you see as a Hero.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:34:13 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Canada 6 PRE RACE NEWS and SPECULATION
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »
what the **** did they watch survivor.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 08:51:51 PM »
Love the theme, especially because I research/find inspirational people for a living.

Curious to see who gets cast!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:00:51 PM »
As they used the word "nominate", this sounds like to me like not Survivor but the reality competition show by Mike Holmes (superstar no-nonsense contractor on HGTV Canada, my little brother's idol), Home Free, which has had 2 seasons on FOX. Contestants helped build houses, each of whom had a hero or heroes they played for who changed their life in some way. At the end of each episode, as they were eliminated, the twist was that their respective hero won the house they helped build in that episode.

But in this case, the nominated people get the experience of racing.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:20:53 PM »
As they used the word "nominate", this sounds like to me like not Survivor but the reality competition show by Mike Holmes (superstar no-nonsense contractor on HGTV Canada, my little brother's idol), Home Free, which has had 2 seasons on FOX. Contestants helped build houses, each of whom had a hero or heroes they played for who changed their life in some way. At the end of each episode, as they were eliminated, the twist was that their respective hero won the house they helped build in that episode.

But in this case, the nominated people get the experience of racing.

I remember that Maanca! I think the race will be better; maybe some teams will be the inspirational person and the person that nominated them. That would making some interesting TV imo, depending on the dynamic.

I think they could do a gimmick at the starting line where 11 inspirational people get paired up with the person that nominated them right then and there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »
God, what is this?

The Amazing Race Canada: Hero Edition?

PLEASE go over overseas for TWELEVE legs...

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:46:42 PM »
It's fine if it's only one season, but they better not go overboard with gimmicks like US TAR :groan:
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 07:10:07 AM »
M/M teams dominant in odd-numbered seasons why F/F teams dominant even-numbered ones, I want TAR Canada have stong co-ed teams while TAR US have strong F/F teams

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »
Well I just started my list of potential teams today. Just FYI.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 09:31:56 PM »
^

One of the rosters that I'd trust most.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 08:36:08 AM »

Ouhhh Can you share it with us? :P

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »

:spy: Let me see please! What is this twist?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »
M/M teams dominant in odd-numbered seasons why F/F teams dominant even-numbered ones, I want TAR Canada have stong co-ed teams while TAR US have strong F/F teams

+1

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »

I just started it - there is only 1 person/team on it. LOL. But someone remind me once filming has started, since I wouldn't want to jeopardize anyone's chances of being cast.
The twist is they are casting for "heroes" but that is loosely defined as in anyone can be a hero. People can also nominate a person/team for consideration - with or without their knowledge.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:13:58 PM by WindsorSue »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 03:45:21 PM »

I just started it - there is only 1 person/team on it. LOL. But someone remind me once filming has started, since I wouldn't want to jeopardize anyone's chances of being cast.
The twist is they are casting for "heroes" but that is loosely defined as in anyone can be a hero. People can also nominate a person/team for consideration - with or without their knowledge.

You mean you took real people? Or more like archetype of people?

I'm thinking we will have a teacher's team, police or firefighters, and people who did big things for their local communities (not only big cities).

I'm really wondering how they are going to manage the whole nomination thing... :didimiss:
 I mean, why cast someone that didn't even try to be on the show.. that's kind of a slap in the face for everybody that applied. Best case scenario would be to factor all the nominations for people who really applied.

Like if they got a good nomination story from someone, and the nominated person applied, then it's easier to just present it as a person who was nominated. (but the racer really applied).

Anyway... I am curious also to see how it will impact the casting process. We would usually get a message on social media a week after deadline saying everybody who was contacted for round 1 has been contacted, thank you for trying, etc...

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 05:58:25 PM »
They will contact any nominees and ask them to send in an audition video if they are interested. And to be honest, imo, it won't be much different than when they recruit people or send out blind offers to certain people. They do this every year and have already started to do it this year.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 01:27:25 PM »
Mike Bickerton posted instagram from Vancouver last weekend, that may mean he is doing second phase auditions for TARC 6.

Offline TheHippo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »
I think it is safe to assume so.  Right time of year plus he posted from Calgary recently too. 

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
Also, another producer tweeted from Calgary too. Hmm both in Calgary at the same time? lol

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »
Mark was on Vancouver Island, posting from a scenic lookout (Malahat, I think) a few weeks ago - could have been vacay but he's been doing his hotel art series again as well.

CocoNuts

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 10:10:48 AM »
PLEASE go over overseas for TWELEVE legs...

NO!!! Canada is a beautiful country and has so much to see and do! It makes this franchise so unique! Canada is a wonderful country and different from every other! I am proudly Canadian and don't know if i'd watch with all international legs! There's still so many hidden treasures the show hasn't visited! The heroes twist i LOVE!!!! Canada is a united strong country where almost ANYONE can be considered a hero!

Some places that could be visited:
Iqaluit (actually in the city)
Revelstoke
Mont Tremblant
Kamloops
Grande Prairie
Labrador
Thunder Bay
Churchill
Brandon
Niagara Falls
Sherbrooke
Fredericton
Nahanni National Park (Canada's Newest)
Moose Jaw
Lethbridge

These are locations we should deffinetly be looking at in May! These are all considered potential. Season 6 should be delivering!

I enjoy teh 10 team 11 leg format as well! I rather TAR Canada than TAR USA

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
I'd like to see Tar Canada do what Asia5 did. Spend 3 legs in Canada, 6 legs abroad and then 3 legs in Canada.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »
Oh and that hero twist has made this season sound bad, before it even starts!  :cmas3

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 03:27:45 PM »
Can we speculate here about the route?

I think they will have legs in these cities/Provinces:

- Nanaimo (Vancouver Island has not be visited since season 2, and Nanaimo is a big city there. It would be cool that as a clue, they would just go to a bakery and be given Nanaimo bars, and guess that they have to travel to Nanaimo)
- Manitoba leg: either have another Winnipeg leg (maybe finish line) or in some far remove place in Manitoba, maybe Churchill? the Polar bear capital
- Thunder Bay, my guess for the 'annual Ontario leg'
- One leg in the north, maybe a new city like Inuvik, NWT?
- Fredericton : The only provincial capital not visited
- Prince Edwards Island Leg : A task of two in Charlottetown, then the rest of the leg somewhere else, like Summerside?
- Quebec leg: For the annual Quebec leg, it's a bit more complicated because Montreal and QC city have both been overdone, so I guess they could go anywhere rural like: Gaspé, Saguenay or Abitibi. Or maybe more urban with Trois-Rivière, Rimouski or Sherbrooke. Still a lot of potential for Quebec legs

Also an Idea for Starting Line: West Edmonton Mall! I know it's weird but it is a Canadian Landmark and they didn't visit it last time. How amazing would it be to have the Starting Line at one end and to have a task at the other end (it could be the water park, the attraction park). Another major landmark not visited is Lake Louise!

The starting line and the first leg are always in separate provinces, so if we have a Edmonton starts, it opens up the possibility for a first leg in the North!

For the international legs:

- Japan, would be the perfect asian country to host 2 legs  (connection with the way Canadian treated Japanese immigrants during WW2)
- Australia, similar country to Canada (relation with UK) (I don't see Japan AND Australia being done at the same race, so I would guess one or the other)
- Mexico (For the 'Hot Latin country, ala Chile/Argentina/Cuba/Panama)
-Costa Rica

If we ever go back to Europe one day:
-UK for obvious reasons
-Belgium/Netherlands : For the WW2 connection, could host 2 legs back to back,
-Ireland

Other random:
-Morocco, if they want to go to Africa
-Algeria, direct flight from Canada
-Israel , also direct flight from Canada and good connection/relation between Canada and Israel
-Dubai (because most versions of TAR went to Dubai, lol)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:57:50 PM by stunami »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 03:30:14 PM »
If you want to make wish lists then let's not do that here.

Intelligent spec about places to go is welcomed.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:18 PM »
Do we think that Manitoba, Prince Edward Island and Nunavut will be visited, as they only have 1 visit? Canadians, thoughts?

For international, do we think USA will FINALLY get a visit? Due to them being neighbours lol. What about the UK? Possible if they fly there after going to a city like Halifax or Montreal/Quebec!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 09:37:47 AM »
Do we think that Manitoba, Prince Edward Island and Nunavut will be visited, as they only have 1 visit? Canadians, thoughts?

For international, do we think USA will FINALLY get a visit? Due to them being neighbours lol. What about the UK? Possible if they fly there after going to a city like Halifax or Montreal/Quebec!

The thing with these 3 is that beside the main city already visited (Winnipeg, Charlottetown, Iqaluit), there is no other big main attraction (I feel, maybe I'm wrong) it's mostly small cities. But for the classic 'Maritime' leg, I could see them doing a PEI leg with a task or two in Charlottetown, and then moving to another side of the island.

I was so sure that last season's finale would be in Winnipeg (every finish is always a big city, and it's been 3 seasons without Manitoba) so I feel like maybe next season's finale could be Winnipeg.

CocoNuts

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 10:26:37 AM »
What about the UK? Possible if they fly there after going to a city like Halifax or Montreal/Quebec!

St. John's actually has direct flights to London and Dublin!!!

CocoNuts

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »
I think we should be looking in BC, NB, NS, PE, NV, and YK for start lines! A province has never had more than one start!!

We should be looking at places Canada is connected to through war and sports as the season is "heroes"! It would only be fitting to visit where Canada was at war, or won in sports, academics, etc.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 10:45:48 AM »
I think we should be looking in BC, NB, NS, PE, NV, and YK for start lines! A province has never had more than one start!!

We should be looking at places Canada is connected to through war and sports as the season is "heroes"! It would only be fitting to visit where Canada was at war, or won in sports, academics, etc.

That's true! And we just had St-John's, so maybe not the 3 other atlantic provinces. Maybe a BC start? Victoria, ferry to Vancouver and it gives lots of option for a leg in the north, and then International!

CocoNuts

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 10:47:25 AM »

That's true! And we just had St-John's, so maybe not the 3 other atlantic provinces. Maybe a BC start? Victoria, ferry to Vancouver and it gives lots of option for a leg in the north, and then International!

Right! BC is probably the most likely for a start! Victoria, Vancouver, Kewlona, the unvisited Kamloops?? A Revelstoke start?? 

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 11:52:11 AM »
Just to refresh everyone's mind, here is a chart of Startlines/1st Legs and Penultimate/Finish Lines.
(There are some VERY INTERESTING patterns there)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:56:59 AM by WindsorSue »

CocoNuts

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 12:09:29 PM »
I am the only person shocked Banff hasn't been visited??

I could see a Nahanni National Park visit too as it is Canada's newest national park

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 02:34:19 PM »
Just to refresh everyone's mind, here is a chart of Startlines/1st Legs and Penultimate/Finish Lines.

What do you see? :P

I see big city finish line
Never the same province for starting line - first leg

also fun fact: All starting line place have been visited in the first season (except the icefield in season 2 but they went to Calgary after so it still works)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »

What do you see? :P

I see big city finish line
Never the same province for starting line - first leg

also fun fact: All starting line place have been visited in the first season (except the icefield in season 2 but they went to Calgary after so it still works)

Start Lines alternate East/West (but we speculated that before) S6 s/b West-"ish"?
Finish Lines: East/East/West/East/East. S6 s/b West-ish???
Neither start or finish lines in "the Middle" (LOL) meaning Manitoba or Saskatchewan. Neither start or finish lines in the Maritimes.

CocoNuts

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »
I predict BC start, New Brunswick first leg, Manitoba penultimate leg, and Alberta finish line.

CocoNuts

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2018, 03:08:06 PM »
Any theories for international legs??

And where was the clip of john promoting this season filmed? Could that possibly be the starting destination??

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
I'd guess they might try giving Africa a shot again after Kenya plans fell through for season 5. Maybe not Kenya, but somewhere on the continent.

CocoNuts

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 03:34:39 PM »
Depending on film dates, Montreal to Casablanca would work! Direct flights! It would be awesome if it was the very first flight run.

I think Europe should get a visit as it hasn't been visited since the very first international season!! Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, UK, Germany, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Czechia, Spain, Portugal would all be great!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 04:47:43 PM »
I predict United States (New York and LA) and England (London) will get international legs!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »
A  west coast starting line could be possible (maybe on Vancouver Island - Victoria/Nanaimo- because it hasn't been visited since season 2) But I think if they start there, then we would have the first leg in the maritimes or up in the north. It's crazy to think that 4 out of 5 first legs have been in BC/Alberta, with only S3 had a first leg east in Toronto (which lets be honest is considered more of Central Canada than east).

As for international legs, I don't know if we will ever get a US leg... I mean they even could have crossed last season in the SSM leg, they were so closed, but they didn't. So unless they do a Alaska/Hawaii leg, I don't think we will get a mainland USA leg. Same with the UK, the connection is so obvious but they haven't visited yet.

If we get Sinorama as a sponsor again next year, they we must expect another 1-2 leg in Asia. They do visits to China, Vietnam, Japan, India, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Laos. I predict Japan! If they go there, they can talk about the camps we put Japanese-Canadian during the second world war. A dark period of our history. Singapore is another good option.

Sinorama also does organizes tours in all of Europe. For the same WW2 connection we could have Belgium and Netherlands, or Italy.

Other possibilities:
- Brazil (If they go to South America) direct flights.
- Mexico
- Morocco (If they want to go to Africa, it's the easiest and maybe safest option)
- Israel (direct flights to Tel Aviv from Toronto)
- Dubai (a TAR Classic)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 12:59:05 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
Organ transplants recipients recruited?

http://www.kapuskasingtimes.com/2018/01/09/chainey-hoping-for-amazing-2018

They could fit the profile, but I don't know if doing this article killed their chances...

Offline RovingRick

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »
This link is to the Kidney Foundation of Canada's November 2017 e-newsletter:
https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?u=6cff085ceb8e4dec869bdb9a3&id=bfebab2960

Amazing Race Seeks Applicants Impacted by Organ Donation
The Amazing Race Canada, which returns for a 6th season in the summer of 2018, is looking for heroes, in particular, every day and unsung heroes who make a difference in their family, community and country. Producers are hoping to tell the story of an individual or team of individuals affected by organ donation / a living kidney transplant, be it as donor, recipient, caregiver or family member. To apply, adventurous, active, energetic teams of two are invited to upload a three-minute video to tell producers why they are ready to win the race together. Visit their website.

Offline RovingRick

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:39 AM »
Hmmm, are they still working on casting for TARC 6?
From Mike Bickerton's twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/mikebickerton/status/953631714030641153
Mike Bickerton Jan 17

Courteous Canadian of the Day award goes to @SallyCattoCBC who offered to let a colleague and I hop in a taxi first after the noms press conference yesterday so we could get back to casting #AmazingRaceCanada 👍🏼💖 Thanks!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »
Hmmm, are they still working on casting for TARC 6?
From Mike Bickerton's twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/mikebickerton/status/953631714030641153
Mike Bickerton Jan 17

Courteous Canadian of the Day award goes to @SallyCattoCBC who offered to let a colleague and I hop in a taxi first after the noms press conference yesterday so we could get back to casting #AmazingRaceCanada 👍🏼💖 Thanks!

Oh sure they are not done yet!
Frankie (from season 4) said on facebook it went something like :

- You send your application
- Then they contact you to answer a written questionnaire
- Then first interview (those pictures and tweets we saw from them going around Canada is for this round, around december-January)
- Second interview around end of January -february (I think in Toronto maybe?)
- Then they decides which teams they want

I think Frankie said they knew one month in advance, around March, that they were cast. So the casting is far from being done!
- Then they decide who they

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2018, 11:01:14 PM »
I've seen spec about a visit to the U.S., and I just can't get behind it. America to Canadians is old news and would not be even remotely "foreign." I have a friend who lives in Toronto and he goes down to Buffalo just to shop! The only exception I could think of is maybe Hawaii or Alaska (especially if its a Hyder, Alaska - Stewart, BC thing, which are within walking distance of each other).
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2018, 08:33:23 AM »
I've seen spec about a visit to the U.S., and I just can't get behind it. America to Canadians is old news and would not be even remotely "foreign." I have a friend who lives in Toronto and he goes down to Buffalo just to shop! The only exception I could think of is maybe Hawaii or Alaska (especially if its a Hyder, Alaska - Stewart, BC thing, which are within walking distance of each other).

Do you know there is a library in Quebec that straddles the border? You can cross over to the US without actually crossing over to the US. There is a dividing line on the floor...it's hilarious. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-us-canada-border-runs-through-this-tiny-library This would make for a fun task.
I agree with you about Hawaii, but I'm not too sure about Alaska.

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »

Do you know there is a library in Quebec that straddles the border? You can cross over to the US without actually crossing over to the US. There is a dividing line on the floor...it's hilarious. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-us-canada-border-runs-through-this-tiny-library This would make for a fun task.

Yeah! Derby Line, Vermont! That would be cool! Or perhaps a visit to the Peace Garden, on the border of Manitoba and North Dakota.

But besides all those, I just can’t see visits to New York or Los Angeles or anything.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2018, 03:46:58 PM »

Yeah! Derby Line, Vermont! That would be cool! Or perhaps a visit to the Peace Garden, on the border of Manitoba and North Dakota.

But besides all those, I just can’t see visits to New York or Los Angeles or anything.

Even those I'm not soo sure.. I mean with last season's leg in Sault-Ste-Marie, they were this close to the US, and didn't go...

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
And it seems that this year's title will be: The Amazing Race Canada: Heroes Edition

https://twitter.com/mikebickerton/status/970401298888773632
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:30:56 AM by stunami »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2018, 02:58:39 AM »
SO where would HEROES start?? Anything in Canada a specifically heroic spot?

US could be Iwo Jima monument/Pearl Harbor/Arlington Cemetary etc...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
SO where would HEROES start?? Anything in Canada a specifically heroic spot?

US could be Iwo Jima monument/Pearl Harbor/Arlington Cemetary etc...

Sorry, I meant I knew it would be the hero season, but I meant that it will be in the title, this is not just The Amazing Race Canada 6 or just Amazing Race Canada. It think it will be in the design as well, in the intro and everything.

As for heroic spot:

- Terry Fox related (he was born in Winnipeg)
- Anything related to war (Canadian war museum?)
- The New holocaust monument in Ottawa
- Viola Desmond (Black women in Nova Scotia who was asked to change place in a cinema, ala Rosa Park)
- Women's right to vote (Suffragette mouvement in Manitoba, first province to let women vote)
- Sir Frederick Banting : invented insulin (Banting House in London, Ontario)
- Indigenous people related monument

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
I hate to be the odd man out and ask, but just because the contestants themselves are considered "heroes," does that necessarily mean that the locations as well will be "hero-centric?" Could it just be a normal route, but with heroic teams and challenges?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2018, 11:03:14 PM »
I hate to be the odd man out and ask, but just because the contestants themselves are considered "heroes," does that necessarily mean that the locations as well will be "hero-centric?" Could it just be a normal route, but with heroic teams and challenges?

I think we just hero team and THAT'S IT!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »
I think one location to look out for is the Terry Fox Monument, in Thunder Bay!
TB has not be visited yet (I think if they do another Ontario leg this season it's between Thunder Bay/Windsor/London) and it would really be a nice symbol to visit this monument, because Terry Fox is considered as one of the most heroic canadian ever!

Th monument offers a panoramic view of TB and they could catch lots of flight going directly to Toronto, and from there the rest of Canada is open!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Fox_Memorial_and_Lookout

Maybe even for the starting line?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:56:08 AM by stunami »

Offline The Amazing JAJ

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2018, 06:24:53 AM »
I wonder if the casting crew will keep a slot open for an Olympian team?  :cheer:

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2018, 02:26:48 PM »
I wonder if the casting crew will keep a slot open for an Olympian team?  :cheer:

I think its feasible. If memory serves right, TARC has never had a team of summer Olympians?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2018, 06:45:19 PM »

I think its feasible. If memory serves right, TARC has never had a team of summer Olympians?

Remember, Canadian hero's!

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2018, 11:27:19 AM »
Having learned about the filming window for US TAR31 and that the US and Canada versions do share some common crew.

I think it is almost safe to assume we'll probably get another Mid-April to Mid-May filming window for TAR Can 6, so they can finish before the US filming starts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
Having learned about the filming window for US TAR31 and that the US and Canada versions do share some common crew.

I think it is almost safe to assume we'll probably get another Mid-April to Mid-May filming window for TAR Can 6, so they can finish before the US filming starts.

They always do last week of April (or like first few days of May if it falls in that week), but do you think they may start 1-2 weeks earlier to be done by mid-may?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2018, 12:52:23 AM »
Can't wait for the filmings to start.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2018, 03:09:38 AM »

They always do last week of April (or like first few days of May if it falls in that week), but do you think they may start 1-2 weeks earlier to be done by mid-may?

Usually, TAR Canada films in around mid-April and ends in mid/late-May. There is coincidence between this and TAR 31 filming at the end of May.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:08:54 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »
Yes Claude there is a coincidence when the crew overlaps.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline The Amazing JAJ

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2018, 06:04:01 PM »
Hopefully, the race will be on soon! Any info yet?

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2018, 03:30:40 PM »
The gender breakdown will likely be 3 F/F, 2 M/M, and 5 M/F, i.e. last season's with the same-sex team ratios inverted and the co-eds kept the same to maximize the latter's winning potential.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2018, 04:02:14 PM »

The gender breakdown will likely be 3 F/F, 2 M/M, and 5 M/F, i.e. last season's with the same-sex team ratios inverted and the co-eds kept the same to maximize the latter's winning potential.

Yeah, I agree!

They usually start on a end-of -the-week timeline, I don't think they will start tomorrow but probably by the end of next week!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2018, 02:55:04 AM »
My guess is 3 FF/ 4 MF/ 3 MM if they do 10 teams.
If they do 11 teams, I think they will overload MF teams (5) and have even co-ed teams.

I don't think they want another MM team to win. I think it would be more fun to see an FF team or MF team take it so they could overload those types of teams. I could see a season 4 of 2 MM teams come back in play.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2018, 06:49:21 AM »

Yeah, I agree!

They usually start on a end-of -the-week timeline, I don't think they will start tomorrow but probably by the end of next week!

Also concur, with the latest possible starting date no more than a fortnight from today.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2018, 09:10:17 AM »
So we know it's starting today!! :cheer:
It could be anywhere except Toronto (Crew from Toronto posted pics/insta in planes so we know they are flying to the starting line). One flight I saw was around 7 am from Pearson in an Air Canada flight (Options are: Vancouver/Calgary/Montreal/Charlottetown)

My best guess would be an early departure on the West Coast, BC/Yukon. So it would be late enought everywhere in Canada for everybody (Like 9 am in Vancouver is 12 eastern and 13h in the maritimes)

Maybe Victoria or Nanaimo?

We will find out soon  :D

Offline The Amazing JAJ

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »
So exciting!  :cheer:  :cheer: :conf:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2018, 10:15:42 AM »
As 10 new teams congregate today at a secret location hosting the official starting line, CTV announced that Season 6 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will be comprised of 10 heroic teams featuring Canadian heroes. THE AMAZING RACE CANADA: HEROES EDITION premieres later this year on CTV.

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/ctv-celebrates-the-canadian-heroes-among-us-with-the-first-ever-the-amazing-race-canada-heroes-edition-this-years-race-kicks-off-today-with-a-facebook-live-event-in-partnership-with/

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
They've given an approximate start time of 3:45 PM ET. (per FB)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2018, 10:34:52 AM »

That will be 3:45 in the morning PH time here. Won't be updated when I'm sleeping.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2018, 10:57:56 AM »

3:45pm start suggests either they're flying from coast to coast (so probably west coast -> east coast) or *gasp* an international leg. or else they give up and have leg 1 in the start city lol

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2018, 11:33:34 AM »

3:45pm start suggests either they're flying from coast to coast (so probably west coast -> east coast) or *gasp* an international leg. or else they give up and have leg 1 in the start city lol

They will start from BC/YUKON/Alberta for sure.... They just did last season a east coast to west coast start, so I doubt they will do that again. In 5 seasons, we have started from a different province/territory every time (ON/AB/QC/NWT/NFL) so I would eliminate Alberta.

As for the first leg, I think we will have: Starting line - Small task - Flight(s) - Overnight rest - rest of the leg tomorrow
If they start in BC, then we may have a leg up north to start (lots of flight from Vancouver) and then leg 2-3 international Asian leg, then eastern route for the remaining of the season.

My official prediction:

Starting Line on Vancouver Island (Victoria, or even better Nanaimo), then ferry to Vancouver to catch a flight to the Yukon or NWT.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2018, 01:44:57 PM »
AHHHHH 1 hour till the start!!! I'm cannot wait!

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2018, 03:19:20 PM »
They just finished the LIVE Facebook starting line - Hatley Castle at Royal Roads University just east of Victoria BC. You'd recognize the castle from Deadpool and X-Men.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2018, 05:04:30 PM »
July 3rd can't come soon enough :(

Has anyone tried the facebook filter with the t-shirt?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:11:40 AM by Linda BC2 »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2018, 10:06:43 PM »
July 3rd can't come soon enough :(

Has anyone tried the facebook book filter with the t-shirt?

No, I'm holding out for real ones.  :funny:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »
I just noticed something....

We never, in 5 season, had a heterosexual couple racing until the finale!

The 3 m/f teams who made it to the end were: Father/Daughter, Exes and friends.
Maybe this season could break that curse... depending on where Adam/Courtney finish

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2018, 09:21:46 PM »
Tomorrow we'll be one week away from premiere night. Hopefully the Episode 1 title will pop up on the guide :) Haven't found it yet.

Also a hunch we may very well get a preview tomorrow for the same reason.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:28:37 PM by Maanca »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2018, 12:49:16 PM »
Still no title, no sneak peak clip.

Come on guys, throw us a bone. Give us something actually from the show to dissect, lol.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2018, 01:44:40 PM »

Come on guys, throw us a bone. Give us something actually from the show to dissect, lol.

Nah, they're going to hit us all at once on Monday and Tuesday.  :groan: Or maybe Friday on eTalk. UGH :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2018, 02:12:55 PM »
Please dear heavens above...Let TAR 31 have finished BY THEN!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2018, 02:17:09 PM »
Please dear heavens above...Let TAR 31 have finished BY THEN!!

Knowing your luck, the finale will be on the third  :lol:

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »
Let's just have it end on the 4th, just to add to the fun :lol:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2018, 05:23:39 AM »

Surprised by the lack of actual show footage being promoted. So much for them actually teasing things during filming.

Spent yesterday looking for streaming links so we can have them at hand for next week. Some of the old ones seem to be down.

Also hoping that TAR31 will be done before that.  And hoping China doesn't decide to sneak on us during that period, cause there's been no updates on that end, that I am afraid they'll sneak the start of that out of nowhere.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2018, 02:40:15 PM »
Should the intro change to resemble TAR30's, then the ten landmarks would be...

1.) CN Tower (Ontario)
2.) Expo 67 (Quebec)
3.) Stanley Park Totem Poles (British Columbia)
4.) Banff Springs Hotel (Alberta)
5.) Halifax Citadel (Nova Scotia)
6.) Esplanade Riel (Manitoba)
7.) Wascana Centre (Saskatchewan)
8.) Fundy Bay Hopewell Rocks (New Brunswick)
9.) Signal Hill (Newfoundland)
10.) Inuksuk Point (Nunavut)