Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 798137 times)

Offline Tammynauck

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1475 on: October 16, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »
We’re the Twin 🔥 one of the teams who made it that you know of? Thankks

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1476 on: October 16, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
No, we know the skiers got there around 130pm. So the rest of your theory is disproven based on that fact
You are basing that off of when the picture was posted correct? How do you know it was posted immediately after being shot? It could have been an hour it could have been 3 hours. All we know is it was taken sometime before 1:30pm.

Unless .... the photographer has invented time travel!  }:>

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1477 on: October 16, 2017, 03:35:04 PM »
We’re the Twin 🔥 one of the teams who made it that you know of? Thankks
Twins, Debaters, Lifeguards and Jody were all on the same flight from Prague to Zurich - and headed to Zimbabwe.  So far we haven't seen them in Zimbabwe, but they made that leg anyway.

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1478 on: October 16, 2017, 03:39:45 PM »
I just had a funny thought. The skiers were not seen on that flight correct? Maybe they were on an earlier or later flight with our missing team.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1479 on: October 16, 2017, 03:43:26 PM »
I don't think we know when any of the photos were taken yet.

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1480 on: October 16, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »
I just had a funny thought. The skiers were not seen on that flight correct? Maybe they were on an earlier or later flight with our missing team.
The lady who saw the teams at Harare airport said she saw 6 teams

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1481 on: October 16, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »
3pm-4pm is much later than 1:30pm, and would still be plenty sunny

And clue me in on where we have official and verified timing for Skiers/Lifeguard check in time?

it would not be very sunny, the sun sets at 526pm.

and time is when guy took pic, and we talked with him and he had just taken the pic... also fwiw he went back an hour later and production already packed up

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1482 on: October 16, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
Quote from: TravelTheWorld
The lady who saw the teams at Harare airport said she saw 6 teams
I was talking about the Zurich flight.

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1483 on: October 16, 2017, 03:58:59 PM »
Exactly what I've been thinking.
I'm pretty much ignoring all speculation based on facial expressions, shadows, sunlight, etc. I simply look for hard proof of which teams are still in the race!
Their exact positions really don't matter to me because that's so very difficult to verify, even despite claims by people who took photos etc. There's often a bias attached to who-finished-in-which-position claims; it's human nature to see things in a way that are favorable for one's personal favorite(s) and call it "proof".

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1484 on: October 16, 2017, 04:02:43 PM »
No, we know the skiers got there around 130pm. So the rest of your theory is disproven based on that fact
You are basing that off of when the picture was posted correct? How do you know it was posted immediately after being shot? It could have been an hour it could have been 3 hours. All we know is it was taken sometime before 1:30pm.

Unless .... the photographer has invented time travel!  }:>

we talked to him

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1485 on: October 16, 2017, 04:14:34 PM »
and he said he was only gone an hour and everything was packed up when he returned?

I didn't know he said how long he was gone for.

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1486 on: October 16, 2017, 04:33:54 PM »
I'm pretty much ignoring all speculation based on facial expressions, shadows, sunlight, etc. I simply look for hard proof of which teams are still in the race!
Their exact positions really don't matter to me because that's so very difficult to verify, even despite claims by people who took photos etc. There's often a bias attached to who-finished-in-which-position claims; it's human nature to see things in a way that are favorable for one's personal favorite(s) and call it "proof".

Spot on!

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1487 on: October 16, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »
This picture was posted 4 hours ago when they were taking things down. You can see the shade matches when the pictures of the lifeguards and skiers were taken. The mat and phil have both left. There is also some dude selling ice cream.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaUTPDclqdd/?taken-by=exploreharare

Offline Enthusiasticcarrot

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1488 on: October 16, 2017, 04:36:15 PM »
Phil's shirt looks like it has hard wrinkles in the skiers and lifeguards picture but not in Jody's, it would be hard to get rid of those if he was waiting for teams to arrive.  Can anyone else take a closer look at this?

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1489 on: October 16, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »
posted a photo in live sightings of Lifeguards with Phil and without Skiers and ice cream

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1490 on: October 16, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »
Interesting, there is a pic of only the lifeguards with Phil in other thread, I'm so confused at this point.  :groan:

Offline Bonnie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1491 on: October 16, 2017, 04:45:06 PM »
You can see Jessicas hands are on her hips too, like a sign of upset. They look beat. Maybe u turned? Skiers and Lifeguards seemed more refreshed looking.????

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1492 on: October 16, 2017, 04:48:39 PM »
You can see Jessicas hands are on her hips too, like a sign of upset. They look beat. Maybe u turned? Skiers and Lifeguards seemed more refreshed looking.????
Hands on hips are also common with people who are catching their breath, the nfl players always do it...

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1493 on: October 16, 2017, 04:50:53 PM »

Putting your hands on your hips does not necessarly = upset..   Some people stand that way and talk normally, or some people do it when they are exhausted from running to the pitstop.

Again I would not read into any of the body language stuff at all when it comes to pitstop photos. THey are extremely speculative and often misleading.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1494 on: October 16, 2017, 04:51:14 PM »
Almost impossible to determine placement in filming unless a witness make a video in which Phil audibly calls out a number to a team.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1495 on: October 16, 2017, 04:52:08 PM »
I watched bb19. Jessica always has her hands on her hip. It's one of her go-to poses.

Offline Bonnie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1496 on: October 16, 2017, 04:52:37 PM »

Spot on!

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1497 on: October 16, 2017, 04:53:26 PM »
Did more digging, sunset was 5:57pm, basically 6pm

It doesn't take the sun 3 hours to set, so mid-afternoon being bright and sunny is not only plausible, but nigh definite

Mid-afternoon for Jody sighting seems to fit with the hard angle of the shadow (seemingly coming from a building across the square), as opposed to the slighter angle we see in the production and lifeguard/skier photos

If the tree is not the thing that is shading them, despite them standing DIRECTLY UNDER it, means the timing is further away from solar noon (that's how shadows work)

Unless they showed up around 8-9am, it would seem more plausible that Jody showed up later

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1498 on: October 16, 2017, 04:54:34 PM »
Comments from the Muchero Mutizwa FB Post

Nyaradzo M: One of their pit stops was DMH lawyers at eastgate 🤗🤗

Thandiwe Z: Just saw them as well, their pit stop is on First street in Harare CBD just out side the econet shop

Gloria M: i spotted them over lunch outside fcb samora. probably headed to the econet pit stop.

I think the first comment is a possible task location while the other ones refer to the actual pitstop!

Karen Chengetai Ramhewa one couple asked for me for directions today!!!hope the win!!! :)
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline jdessy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1499 on: October 16, 2017, 05:01:15 PM »

I do tend to agree with the comment a few posts up about trying not to analyze body language and other things as hard, mostly because we don't know what's going on in the exact moment a photo is taken. For all we know, they're just tired and a little cranky, or it's really hot outside so it's affecting their mood in the exact moment that the photo is taken. For all we know, their mood improved two seconds later and they were all smiles.

If we do try to analyze the teams' body language, we could say that in the most recent photo with the Lifeguards, they have closed off body language as well (hands on hips AND crossed arms), indicating that they could be close to last. We can't really tell, though we can make logical assumptions. But I always like to go off of fact.

For example, we know that there is time between Jody's check in and the Lifeguards/Skiers' check in because the sun is most definitely aligned differently. Now, which one got there first, it's hard to tell, until we get time stamps on when each source took their picture. I know it was said above that the source of the Skiers/Lifeguard pictures said that their pic was taken at 1:30? Personally, I kind of need proof before I fully believe that. I like to have all the facts with the evidence because I know I've jumped to conclusions one too many times.

Also, hi. Long time fan of the show and new Jody fan who found this site recently.