Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 795683 times)

Offline Realitytvfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #3025 on: October 25, 2017, 10:02:53 PM »
I forgot about Phil mentioning something about the fear of heights. Do you remember exactly what it was that he said?
Didn`t he also say something about a twist? What was that?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3026 on: October 25, 2017, 10:33:55 PM »
I don’t have the time or energy right now to give this the fuller treatment it would deserve, but what if the one sourced information from a confidential source has to have an independently derived second source to use and confirm the original source? No matter how reliable and trustworthy the original source may be, one will want to preserve that original, ultra-reliable confidential for later and other use. Lawyers see this, law enforcement see this, journalists see this, investigators see this.
That is the reality of this. Back during Nixon’s time, Ben Bradley, then the Executive Editor, insisted of  Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein that any confidential information had to have two independent confirmed sources to any fact they reported. You can watch the film,”All The President’s Meet or read the source book to see how that works.
In any event, I believe we’re waiting for that reliable second source.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3027 on: October 25, 2017, 11:06:09 PM »
They were THERE.  It was posted here that they weren't telling "for security."

"They" and subsequent statements make it obvious that several were there.

Also, as for "why do you want to know?"

Hello!  This is a fan SPOILER site, that's why we've been here all season, for exactly this.  Not for the winners, but at least for the location.  Tasks are a bonus. 

Offline Firestone

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3028 on: October 25, 2017, 11:16:21 PM »
People aren't asking for rush delivery of photos and/or long essays describing in intricate, step-by-step, second-by-second detail of exactly what happened. Just for 1 or 2 or 3 words. The name of the Finish Line location.

It's not about photos or wanting to chase around teams or even wanting to know who won. It's just the name of some a place in the San Francisco Bay Area.

It's not going to compromise anyone or any thing. The Race results aren't going to change. No one is going to make or lose money off of it. Almost every other aspect of the finale, INCLUDING placement at what was described as the last Route Marker before the "final location" was posted LIVE in the early hours of Tuesday morning. Yet the location of the actual Finish Line, (read: a few words, a name. Not video evidence. Not an autobiography of the person who stood on the southeast corner of the location 10 years ago.) is being guarded like a national security secret using flimsy excuses that include things people aren't even asking for.

People would be more understanding if from the start it was "We won't post the Finish Line location to keep it a surprise for the airing." or "We want to sit on this RFF-exclusive information that no one else has as long as possible." Not this runaround and excuses of "we have to go through everything" as if the posting of the location required triangulating Bertram Van Munster's cellphone.

I couldn't agree more!

Offline Firestone

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3029 on: October 25, 2017, 11:18:44 PM »
GUYS.

JUST STOP.

WE ALL HAVE REAL LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES.

WE ARE ALL EXHAUSTED.

I for one am ill. 6 Hours of sleep in 60 hours will do that to you.

The rest of the info will come WHEN we have as team reviewed what we have and confirm all the details. We want accuracy, not speed.

I don't want to see any more about this. It will come when OUR TEAM is done. Not before..

I HOPE that will be by tomorrow, but no guarantees.

I really don't want to come on here hoping to see intelligent discussion about the race (ON TOPIC maybe?) and read a bunch of whining.

So please...go do something else. And stop complaining when you have NO idea what is involved.

The RFF team worked their butts off for you. What happened to : Great job, guys! Thank you so much! We appreciate your efforts?

Chill Pills all around!

AND NO MORE. Go complain somewhere else.  :groan:

why will i ever thank u.

Offline coffeebean

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3030 on: October 25, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »
Thanks to all that volunteer their time for our entertainment.
Can't wait to watch the season after following along with the TAR30 adventure.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3031 on: October 26, 2017, 12:25:40 AM »
Welcome to RFF, coffeebean! :waves:
I can't wait to at least find out the premiere date. :jam:

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3032 on: October 26, 2017, 12:37:31 AM »
Thanks to all that volunteer their time for our entertainment.
Can't wait to watch the season after following along with the TAR30 adventure.

THANK YOU for even saying it.  I'm mostly a lurker here and I can't believe the ungrateful posters here who whine about not getting their spoilers or "withholding" information or whatever.  I think I've been following this page since Season 8?  You guys especially Georgia here at RFF do phenomenal investigative work!  Everything is so organized here.  I can wait for the information.  Oh and to whoever is whining about the location of the finish line?  It was in the San Francisco Bay Area...LOL  If you really need to know, why weren't you there following them?  It's not RFF's fault.

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3033 on: October 26, 2017, 12:55:22 AM »
Start using Imgur.com and Google Docs to share info. You'll get it out and organized quicker. Photobucket is ancient.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3034 on: October 26, 2017, 02:05:45 AM »
I don’t have the time or energy right now to give this the fuller treatment it would deserve, but what if the one sourced information from a confidential source has to have an independently derived second source to use and confirm the original source? No matter how reliable and trustworthy the original source may be, one will want to preserve that original, ultra-reliable confidential for later and other use. Lawyers see this, law enforcement see this, journalists see this, investigators see this.
That is the reality of this. Back during Nixon’s time, Ben Bradley, then the Executive Editor, insisted of  Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein that any confidential information had to have two independent confirmed sources to any fact they reported. You can watch the film,”All The President’s Meet or read the source book to see how that works.
In any event, I believe we’re waiting for that reliable second source.

:didimiss:  I wish I DID have confidential sources.

:haha
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Seamonkey

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3035 on: October 26, 2017, 02:48:24 AM »
I certainly appreciate all you do here for TAR.   :conf:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3036 on: October 26, 2017, 03:27:44 AM »
i don't understand the obsession with the finish line. i mean, if Peach & teams said they need time then i will wait patiently. they must be exhausted and have other things to do in real life. I experienced that before when TAR visited Bali in season 22 & 28. back from work i directly went to the airport to catch the racers. arrived at home at 04.00 AM and then have to be at Tanah Lot when the racers released at at 06.00 AM, didn't have enough sleep. And Peach didn't force me to give the information that i had immediately. i appreciate the hard work of moderator & detectives here. Tbh i don't really care about the finish line

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3037 on: October 26, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »
This is the fourth time they have had a finish line in San Francisco (TAR2, TAR11/All Stars, TAR16) and it isnt Los Angeles this time!

Offline Fanfav21

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3038 on: October 26, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »
I forgot about Phil mentioning something about the fear of heights. Do you remember exactly what it was that he said?
Didn`t he also say something about a twist? What was that?

Maybe he was speaking figuratively... not literally

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3039 on: October 26, 2017, 01:05:48 PM »
 :luvya:

i don't understand the obsession with the finish line. i mean, if Peach & teams said they need time then i will wait patiently. they must be exhausted and have other things to do in real life. I experienced that before when TAR visited Bali in season 22 & 28. back from work i directly went to the airport to catch the racers. arrived at home at 04.00 AM and then have to be at Tanah Lot when the racers released at at 06.00 AM, didn't have enough sleep. And Peach didn't force me to give the information that i had immediately. i appreciate the hard work of moderator & detectives here. Tbh i don't really care about the finish line

Offline Sourapple

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3040 on: October 26, 2017, 04:00:02 PM »
I came to this forum at the begging of the season to follow the twins & they're in final 3 yay!!  But I've never registered to post until today.   I'm just confused as to why this is a spoiler site BUT WONT announce winners??  I've read they don't wanna spoil it for people who don't want to know, but in all fairness it says "spoiler" before you click on it SO if somebody comes to this site it's obviously for spoilers.   The ones that don't want to know will not even be here.  Is it because you don't really know??   I read you also said to protect sources, but how does that make sense?  You haven't protected sources all season so what's the difference now?  I feel like Twitter has broke more sources than here throughout the season.   I've saw posts of users upset because they saw the finale unfold (which have been deleted) BUT "georgiapeach" won't let them post or say anything about it. last I checked she doesn't own you go post it on Twitter or Facebook or wherever. I'd be dang if I did all that work for her just for her to tell me to keep my mouth shut!!!!  Seems like she treats some of you like slaves.  I know I'll get blocked & this post will be removed because that's what Peach has seemed to do all season if you don't agree with her way of thinking.   It's actually become a joke of a site & all you guys who abide by her rules look weak, if you have the ability to announce winner do it yourself instead of letting her stake claim.  Whoever owns Reality Fan Forum really needs to find someone else to run this because this season has been nothing short of a joke.  They find their info on twitter then post their name on it make it look like a Reality Fan Forum exclusive. There is so much wrong with this site. Goodbye for good if they get new people to run it I will be back but I will probably be banned anyways hahahaha

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3041 on: October 26, 2017, 04:13:10 PM »
the twins got 6th place, they didn't make final 3 ^.

Final 3 was Ski girls, Jody, and Debate team.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3042 on: October 26, 2017, 04:18:33 PM »
Twins went out way before the final 3.

Knowing the eventual winners ruins the fun and we have experienced that before.
There's no doubt people would keep discussing that information all over the place, even if it was posted in a separate thread or whatever. Especially with the new folk in town.
We've all seen how many times the mods tried to keep order around here. And they all failed. Because too many people don't care to learn how this board operates.

There's not really a discussion to be had over the reveal of winners, even if known.

It's also become pretty tiring how everyone keeps insinuating the 'protect sources' phrases.
The information that is yet to be revealed is in a few people's hands. You don't know what or who it concerns. I don't know.
It may be a special case that's forcing them to treat the info more carefully. It may be nothing special and they just haven't organised it yet.
So they will decide what to do when they wish. These repeated rants will surely not accelerate anything.

Offline Sourapple

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3043 on: October 26, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
That's why I don't post, I word stuff wrong haha. I did come here for the twins & am team twins but I meant now they're DOWN to the final 3. That was a run on sentence I suppose. Oops. I am aware twins didn't make final 3 lol.  I've been following since the beginning & get information about every elimination down to final 3 then it stops and we get nothing and they say they won't announce winner?  Then what is the purpose of the forum?  It's like reading a good book that is missing the final chapter.  At least people on twitter acknowledge they don't know who won so if that's the case here they need to do the same

I came to this forum at the begging of the season to follow the twins & they're in final 3 yay!!  But I've never registered to post until today.   I'm just confused as to why this is a spoiler site BUT WONT announce winners??  I've read they don't wanna spoil it for people who don't want to know, but in all fairness it says "spoiler" before you click on it SO if somebody comes to this site it's obviously for spoilers.   The ones that don't want to know will not even be here.  Is it because you don't really know??   I read you also said to protect sources, but how does that make sense?  You haven't protected sources all season so what's the difference now?  I feel like Twitter has broke more sources than here throughout the season.   I've saw posts of users upset because they saw the finale unfold (which have been deleted) BUT "georgiapeach" won't let them post or say anything about it. last I checked she doesn't own you go post it on Twitter or Facebook or wherever. I'd be dang if I did all that work for her just for her to tell me to keep my mouth shut!!!!  Seems like she treats some of you like slaves.  I know I'll get blocked & this post will be removed because that's what Peach has seemed to do all season if you don't agree with her way of thinking.   It's actually become a joke of a site & all you guys who abide by her rules look weak, if you have the ability to announce winner do it yourself instead of letting her stake claim.  Whoever owns Reality Fan Forum really needs to find someone else to run this because this season has been nothing short of a joke.  They find their info on twitter then post their name on it make it look like a Reality Fan Forum exclusive. There is so much wrong with this site. Goodbye for good if they get new people to run it I will be back but I will probably be banned anyways hahahaha

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3044 on: October 26, 2017, 04:32:18 PM »

...  I feel like Twitter has broke more sources than here throughout the season.   I've saw posts of users upset because they saw the finale unfold ... go post it on Twitter or Facebook or wherever.

I highlighted just part of your post to answer those points.

Yes, there was a lot of spoiling this season on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other sites. A lot of this had to do with the pre-existing fanbase of Cody and Jessica (#TeamJody).  But have you seen much of the final leg spoiled on Twitter and elsewhere? No. And that is because RFF is the best at what they do.  This site is a compendium of information on TAR in all of its US and international versions, as well as Survivor, Big Brother and many other reality programs.

If you want to find out more about what happened on TAR30, including more information about the final leg, stay tuned to this channel. You won't be sorry you did.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3045 on: October 26, 2017, 04:36:11 PM »
I thought I gave an explanation why the winners were never revealed on this forum. Whether we have them or not, it hasn't been done for many seasons.

The last chapter of this good book that you're talking about is what everyone wants to suspensefully watch unfold on TV.
If you're interested in who won, you'll have to search elsewhere.

Offline Sourapple

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3046 on: October 26, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »
I get what you're saying but then what is the purpose of this forum?  Might as well delete the word spoiler then.   The people who want to watch how the last chapter unfolds won't be on this spoiler forum I assure you that. Twitter is a different story, too many people can RT & the wrong person will come across it! You don't just accidentally stumble onto this forum for any other reason other than spoilers. 

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3047 on: October 26, 2017, 05:07:13 PM »
Folks on this forum of fans of the show, not just a particular team. Searching and following then during the race is part of the fun and enjoyment of the show, Many follow and like to keep the end unspoiled and see the end unfolds when then show airs.

And for the record, this site has been doing this for years. Trust me they know what they are doing.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3048 on: October 26, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »
Sourapple - This forum was instrumental in identifying ten of the eleven teams racing in TAR30.  That information has not been released by CBS (except for the eleventh team) and is certainly considered spoiler material.  Since this was a public start, you may think these teams were all pretty much exposed to the public anyway, but if you look back, RFF has identified racers even when the start wasn't a public event.

RFF may not be the site you are looking for to discuss Reality Television shows, but many would disagree, including me.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3049 on: October 26, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
I get what you're saying but then what is the purpose of this forum?
Gathering and summarising accurate information about the teams, route, locations, tasks and everything else each season, which has been done successfully for TAR30 as well.

The people who want to watch how the last chapter unfolds won't be on this spoiler forum I assure you that.
And I have assured you that as well. :)