Author Topic: Pékin Express 2018- French Edition  (Read 13943 times)

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
Pékin Express 2018- French Edition
« on: September 12, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »
An update about the french version of Pékin Express. The tv reality show will came back on 2018. Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2017/09/12/pekin-express-de-retour-sur-m6-en-2018_a_23205766/

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Pékin Express 2018- French Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 02:37:37 PM »
can you explain the rules

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 05:01:59 PM »
Yay!

I quite enjoy this show!  :woohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:47:19 PM »
 :hfive:  Thanks freds!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 07:25:36 AM »
Pékin Express will maybe begin his shooting on end of February somewhere on Central Asia.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 03:26:28 PM »
Pékin Express will maybe begin his shooting on end of February somewhere on Central Asia.

It's last day of February today so...

Offline lemurio

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 09:11:16 AM »
They are now filming. But this year's route isn't in Central Asia, it is through Malaysian Borneo, Phillipines and Japan, with the final taking place in Tokyo.

If you search on Facebook Cats FM you will find some posts where they interviewed last Sunday a team and they confirmed the route Kuching-Japan.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 09:45:54 AM »
Thanks so much and :welcome: to RFF sazit!

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=pekin%20express
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 09:56:34 AM »
Team pic
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline lemurio

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 10:32:35 AM »
The first day they were in Kuching, and they were also seen on Padungan street. The third day the production team was at Batang Ai Dam lake, and the next day in Belaga.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 12:18:29 PM »
Borneo will be a delight to see!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 07:51:45 PM »
The french newspapers confirmed the route. Luzon, a city in Phillipines could be a leg destination according to the french newspapers.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 12:00:46 PM »
Pekin Express 2018 will be broadcast on TV in a few weeks.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 05:22:07 PM »
We really do need a US, UK and Aussie version of this!  :conf: :cheer:

Excited for this!!!  :conf: :cheer:

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 02:41:41 AM »

To be honest with you, if the US is going to have an American version of Pekin Express, Bertram van Munster would definitely file a lawsuit for Pekin Express for copying his show (The Amazing Race).

Gra1162

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 02:51:53 AM »

To be honest with you, if the US is going to have an American version of Pekin Express, Bertram van Munster would definitely file a lawsuit for Pekin Express for copying his show (The Amazing Race).
Agreed

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 02:55:40 AM »
The french newspapers confirmed the route. Luzon, a city in Phillipines could be a leg destination according to the french newspapers.
Just want to note that Luzon isn't a city, but the entire north island of the Philippines which includes Metro Manila.

I saw this article though and it mentions "north of Manila" ("Nord de Manille") so they must have gone to northern Luzon, specifically. A part of the country I hope TARUS gets to visit one day.

Excited to see the Philippines on Pekin Express again though!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »

Actually, when TAR France had it's one season, it was funny to see literally hundreds of tweets blasting TAR France for being a copy of Pekin Express.  :funny:

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 07:37:17 AM »
I miss Pekín Express Spain. I applied some times but never received the call back, and now it's cancelled. I hope it returns because I want to continue trying. ;(
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 10:29:36 AM »
It's official, pekin express 2018 premiere will be on July 12th.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2018, 02:55:28 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »
Forgot I found this! SPOILER?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »
The start line is at Kuching Airport. The finish of the 1st leg is near Batang Ai Lake.

The teams are:
Estelle and Estelle F/F 27 and 24 years, Belgian friends
Maxime and Alizée M/F 26 and 25, dating
Maurice and Thierry M/M 80 and 54, dad and son
Vanessa and Audrey F/F 35 and 37
Christina and Didier F/M 33 and 38, work on the same company
Mehdi and Oussama M/M 42 and 30, friends
Martin and Laetitia M/F 44 and 37, dating
Elodie and Gaelle F/F 37 and 33, The "Unknow Team"

Leg 1 to 3 are in Malaysia
Leg 4 to 7 are in the Philippines
Leg 8 to 12 are in Japan

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 05:42:51 PM »
The first leg is finish with a lot of things. Teams arrived at Kuching Airport after a long travel. Instead of go to the hotel to sleep and take a bath, the race begin immediately. The teams take their backpack and take some item on their bagage Inside their backpack (clothings, passport etc...). The first team who arrived at Kampung Giam will be qualify for the immunity challenge. Each team got one euro for each day of the race. Teams travel by car until a panel pekin express stop them. It's a new rule of the race, at this moment of the race, each team must stop at the panel with a striped car. The teams must change their way of locomotion, at this time, each time must travel by canoe 3.7 miles (6km) to Kampung Giam. After a lot of fun with the canoe, Maxime and Alizée win. They are qualified for the immunity challenge. They also have a meeting with some orang outans in the forest with a guard. The race continue for the others teams. The first and second team at Kampung Mujat will be qualified for the immunity challenge, it's Estelle and Estelle and Martin and Laetitia.

At the immunity challenge, three teams are present. The teams are separate in two, a member shot with a blowgun 12 balloons in 30 minutes. When they hit a balloon, a number appear. It's the number of a door of a long house (a particular house in Malaysia). The person who hit a balloon said by walkie-talkie to his team mate the number. His team mate go to the long house to find the door. Behind the door is a people, the team mate describe to his Partner the person behind the door. After the end of the 30 minutes, each team declare at which number are the people behind the doors (it's a difficult task). Estelle and Estelle win the immunity. The teams sleep with locals.

For the last day, each team learn that a team quite the race, it's elodie and gaelle. Gaelle learn a bad news in his family and she prefer came back in France. An other unknow team will be at the 2nd leg. At a moment of the race, each team switch of locomotion way and use a bicycle for 5km. The problem is that there is a bicycle for each team, so for two. A team crash (Christina and Didier) and their bicycle is broken, they finish the race by walk. Christina and Didier are last, Maxime and Alizée win the first leg and an amulet of 10000€ (They don't win this money, money is real at the end of the final leg).

The last team must challenge another team to avoid the elimination. Christina and Didier choose Vanessa and Audrey. The team are a separate in two, one travel to Engkilili and have a task with a kaplas tower (The other wait at the finish line his other Partner). At Engkilili, each person must remove a piece with a letter. With all the letters, you could compose the name "Pekin Express". If the tower collapse, the person must start again at the beginning. It was really hard, the person must came back at the finish line. Christina and Didier win by a 6 seconds lead. Vanessa and Audrey are eliminated.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2018, 04:30:45 PM »
omg! I just saw Pekin Express raced through Cagayan and Kalinga! My family's home provinces. Is there any way to watch these last few episodes?  :'(