Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 148770 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »
This is a welcome change :) You know they actually haven't done a European first country since Season 17?

England, the oh-so-memorable watermelon backfire.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »
I wonder if production is trying to bring in new viewers by casting a bunch of celebs.
Well, maybe calling them celebs is not the right word, but some are definitely known to the public.

I have to agree with Platrium, that I really enjoy the variety of occupations, though. :lol:

I wouldn't really say that's very different than other seasons though
 Every season from maybe 15 on has at least 2-3 teams of z-list celebrities.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:53:28 PM by TheRabbi »

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 03:34:01 PM »
This is a welcome change :) You know they actually haven't done a European first country since Season 17?

England, the oh-so-memorable watermelon backfire.

you're right, i didn't realize that. it's been so long

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
Just to clarify  ...

Jody were popular with both live feeders and casuals.  After a bad start, they became the bullied underdog players that were 1 and 2 at the top of BB rankings for the last half of the year (and this was when they were both out of the house).  And Cody easily won America's Favourite Player vote this season.

Jody will be the most popular team this year and should do quite well in the race  ...

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 07:09:49 PM »
Just to clarify  ...

Jody were popular with both live feeders and casuals.  After a bad start, they became the bullied underdog players that were 1 and 2 at the top of BB rankings for the last half of the year (and this was when they were both out of the house).  And Cody easily won America's Favourite Player vote this season.

Jody will be the most popular team this year and should do quite well in the race  ...

I honestly don't see them doing that well. My prediction for them is 9th.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 07:15:16 PM »
Agreed. I see them as ill-prepared as well. Look at it this way:

Cody was on the jury, so he had to stick around for the rest of the season. Jessica was not, so she was sent home. If they'd just gotten the call to go on the race when it ended on the 20th, that's...a week and a half that they were able to prepare and train together.

And I don't want to see them do like what happened to Cody on BB, with a twist like TAR China from last year that allowed an eliminated team to be revived a week later. Once they're out, they're out.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 07:16:31 PM »
I am waiting for these two to have a massive argument with another team in the race!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
Cody was on the jury, so he had to stick around for the rest of the season. Jessica was not, so she was sent home. If they'd just gotten the call to go on the race when it ended on the 20th, that's...a week and a half that they were able to prepare and train together.
Cody was told before BB19 ended, and Jessica knew well before the finale.
They're both really fit physically, so I think they'll be a strong team.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 09:40:33 PM »
This cast is kinda giving me a Ridonculous Race feeling. 

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2017, 09:47:45 PM »
Someone on the Big Brother Reddit that went to the Starting Line said that they were told that the season is likely premiering in February. Wonder where we would air, and if we would air with Celebrity Big Brother before all the CBS shows return.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 09:55:57 PM »
Someone on the Big Brother Reddit that went to the Starting Line said that they were told that the season is likely premiering in February. Wonder where we would air, and if we would air with Celebrity Big Brother before all the CBS shows return.

Wonder if this is because of the Winter Olympics airing on NBC in February and CBS is trying to pull in the fans from these shows to counteract the Olympics.  Not that I watch the Olympics...

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 10:00:11 PM »

Wonder if this is because of the Winter Olympics airing on NBC in February and CBS is trying to pull in the fans from these shows to counteract the Olympics.  Not that I watch the Olympics...

That would be a poor decision on CBS' behalf.  Almost every show will be on reruns in February. 

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 10:36:37 PM »

That would be a poor decision on CBS' behalf.  Almost every show will be on reruns in February.

Could be but I happen to know a lot of people that would rather watch a new season of something like TAR than reruns or Olympics.  During the last Olympics, there were no discussions about them at all where I worked.  Absolutely no one watched them and that includes me.

Will definitely be interesting to see where it lands on the TV schedule.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 11:30:44 PM »
Hoping this season delivers! Getting a season 20 and 23 vibe from the cast! Also hope the FF teams last. I don't see Dessie and Kayla lasting but the other 2 ff teams have potential.

I'm going to put my prediction down here and revisit it after the season to see how bad I did. :funny: :funny:

My winner pick right now is Alex and Conor.
Top 5 Teams (1-5):Alex/Conor, Henry/Evan, Trevor/Chris, April/Sarah, Lifeguards
Bottom 6 Teams (6-11): Kristi/Jen, Twins, Dessie/Kayla, Jessica/Cody, Joey/Tim, Shawn/Cedric
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 01:41:43 AM »
This was a huge surprise for me. In my cast wishlist, some of the teams that I'd like to see on The Amazing Race are:

1. Pro Racecar Drivers - It has been a dream of mine to be one
2. Athletic F/F Team, preferably representing the US in a sport.
3. Moms both aged 40 and above with something unique about them.
4. Lifeguards

This season gave me all this. I cannot believe it.  :conf:

Also, the return of Iceland.  :conf:

If they're visiting underused European countries such as Finland and visit new European countries such as Latvia. I'd be really happy.

The only negative for me is the overload of M/M teams. 5 again like S.4 & S.23. They could have balanced it with 4 M/M and 4 F/F then 3 M/F. I like the lesser M/F since we've had an overload of them last season with 9 teams. Hoping that the Racecar Drivers, the F/F teams and the Debaters last long.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:40:01 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »
Will be really sad if
Show content
the ring girls
are first team out :gaah:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »
Will be really sad if
Show content
the ring girls

That's what it sounds like from an eyewitness. Or that they were last, anyway.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2017, 04:46:58 PM »
OH. MY. GOD.

I'm hoping 30 DELIVERS, because this cast is just AWESOME. Indycar? Professional eaters (they seriously got Chestnut to do this)? Loving it like crazy. (Yeah, I know - Jessica/Cody, but... EVERYONE ELSE.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »
re: Jody - given the options of showmances from this season of BB, we're lucky we got them instead of like, Matt & Raven.

Also an Iceland first leg means I'm liable to forgive a lot about this season.  :bunny

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2017, 07:15:57 PM »
re: Jody - given the options of showmances from this season of BB, we're lucky we got them instead of like, Matt & Raven.

Didn't mean it like that. It's just me (probably), but I'm more excited for everyone else on this cast.

Another CBS reality show crossover is just meh after so many times. I'm surprised that someone hasn't been on all three shows yet. I shouldn't give TPTB any ideas, because I'm sure that's going to happen.

Back on topic, though...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2017, 12:19:35 AM »
So no early cast announcement this time like all the previous open starts?

Great first impression, CBS, tease the actual loyal TAR viewers on social media with one team, the one that's probably going to be the most despised of all (lots of ugly comments, threats to skip this season based on that one team), and then don't give them anyone else. Better hope they go all the way to keep the Jody fans tuning in for the ratings' sake =/

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2017, 12:39:35 AM »
Will be really sad if
Show content
the ring girls

That's what it sounds like from an eyewitness. Or that they were last, anyway.

If that is the case. :groan: :gaah: It was found out that one of the Lifeguard's name is Brittany. All Brittany's that have raced on TAR ended in 9th place, lets see if she breaks the "curse"

Offline NYCMOM10010

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2017, 07:01:00 AM »
I am also a long time BB live feeder (and new here). If you met me IRL you would never believe I was the type, but I love this show. I love seeing the opinion of "the casuals" (TV only folks) vs the crazy livefeeder. We see a very different show many times. IMO, when BB started this past season, Jess & Cody were two of my least favorites. I would say that was pretty much the general consensus.  But as the days/weeks wore on my opinion changed. Virtually none of the HG were playing to win the money. Only Paul the former & present 2nd place finisher & Jess & Cody.  Cody has views that I don't agree with, Jess is an interesting person with a very interesting backround.

As weeks woree on we got to see how awful the others HG were at BB. Why sign up to win 500K and a potential 3+ months away from your family to help someone else win. Other than Jess & Cody nearly all HG were in it to win it for Paul.  Made no sense. Then there were the taunts to try & trigger Cody's PTSD, just so ugly.  So even if I hate Cody's views on many things, I found myself rooting for "Jody." They come to play the game.  Jess is definately more "mouthy," but they both come to play & that will be fun to see imo.  Nice to meet you all. We are in NYC & my daughter & her friends went to the kick-off and had a blast.  I've only watched TAR sporatically over the years, but I am looking forward to next year, when this airs.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2017, 08:08:33 AM »
So no early cast announcement this time like all the previous open starts?

There were plenty of links saying "X and Y are going to be on TAR", but I don't know if they were before the start or not. I wasn't following along when the start happened.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2017, 08:24:33 AM »
Holland :bunny