Author Topic: S35: Joe Mena (HEALERS)  (Read 2491 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S35: Joe Mena (HEALERS)
« on: August 30, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »

Joe Mena

Biography

Hometown: Bronx, N.Y.
Current Residence: Tolland, Conn.

Hobbies: Working out, playing video games (fantasy football), and playing sports (flag football).

Pet peeves: My biggest pet peeve is that fake energetic, fake smile, person that we all know. Also, someone who does not take responsibility for their actions, and is constantly giving excuses. Let's not forget that individual that must have one up on you.

Three words to describe you: Real, confident, and energetic.

What's your personal claim to fame?
 Obtaining my degree. This is something I'm proud of because it has given me the opportunity to secure my career and that has given me the lifestyle where I have the ability to provide my children with their wants, needs, and a lovely home that they can call their own. Without my degree, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
 A hero is someone who is noble and will not let you down. My sisters are my heroes—they are noble, loyal, and love me unconditionally.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
 Me, myself, and a picture of my children. I don’t think I would need anything but a picture of my children. A picture would provide me with a tangible image of them instead of just a mental image.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Tony Vlachos' understanding of how to manipulate others, Mike Holloway's "ball to the walls" attitude, and Jeremy Collins' ability to stay true to himself.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
 Mo money baby! Of course the million dollars. I play "survivor" 40 hours a week at work. It would take me 10 plus years to earn a million dollars at my current work rate. Why not speed up the process and make a million in six weeks? It’s a no brainer. In addition, I always tell my son that he needs to give 100 percent in everything he does. I'm constantly telling him "go hard or go home." I just want him to see that what I preach, I also apply to myself.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
 I can relate to people from all paths of life, I work in a diverse community with diverse backgrounds in age, religion, and social status. I can converse with anyone about anything. With these stories, I’ll be able to manipulate individuals and my surroundings. I'm a likable, outspoken, and natural in most things I do. Nothing I do feels forced or uncomfortable. I'm well aware of my strengths and weaknesses. I'm not going to Survivor for vacation or fame. I'm not going to be away from my children for six weeks and come back empty handed. I can win this and I am confident I can.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S35: Joe Mena (HEALERS)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 06:07:13 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hFCGu4IcDOc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hFCGu4IcDOc</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S35: Joe Mena (HEALERS)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule: