Author Topic: S35: Desiree “Desi” Williams (HEALERS)  (Read 11947 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S35: Desiree “Desi” Williams (HEALERS)
« on: August 30, 2017, 06:13:31 PM »

Desiree “Desi” Williams

Biography

Hometown: Peachtree City, Ga.
Current Residence: Newport News, Va.

Hobbies: Traveling the world, participating in pageants, and going to the gym.

Pet peeves: I can't stand people who are all talk. I work my butt off every day so I have little patience for laziness. I expect to see results and have no problem calling someone out if they don't deliver.

Three words to describe you: Congenial, forthright, and unremitting.

What's your personal claim to fame?
 I became an assistant professor at the age of 26 and a program director at the age of 27. They don't just hand out those titles to anyone.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
 My grandmother. A survivor of the Great Depression, the civil right's movement, a divorce, and her second husband's fatal illness, she demonstrated unmatched resilience, resolve, and compassion. But above all, she played as hard as she worked and literally lived each day to the fullest. In honor of her legacy, I attempt to live my life without regrets.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? First would be Chapstick because there's nothing sexy or seductive about cracked lips (arguably, this could be survival related since it would hinder my ability to seduce the opposite sex). Second would be an unlimited supply of food because I've seen the show and those people get hangry quick! Finally, a masseuse because I love being pampered.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Tasha from Season 28. Though Tasha was casted for the "brains" tribe, she had the social skills of the beauty tribe and certainly the strength of the brawn tribe. She played a good game and was undoubtedly a fierce, physical competitor. I was able to relate to Tasha because I also think I'll be a physical, social, and cognitive threat.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
 Winning one million dollars! Professionally and personally, I don't love where I am and would be so grateful for a clear path out. I've also told the people close to me that I'd love to spend some time living out of a backpack, traveling, and showering only a few times a week... so being on Survivor would be a dream come true.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
 Charm, wit, beauty, mental fortitude, physical strength—all of these traits and more will ensure I'm the Sole Survivor. Already in good shape, I will show up on the island the strongest, quickest, most powerful and agile I've ever been. Borrowing from my childhood love of puzzles and games or logic and strategy, my mental sharpness will be at its peak. A natural academician, I will arrive having not only watched, but studied the game. If you combine those traits with my will to win and my expertise in gaining feigned camaraderie, I'm nearly unbeatable.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S35: Desiree “Desi” Williams (HEALERS)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XiFkDmFIUJg&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XiFkDmFIUJg&amp;t=1s</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 06:16:35 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 10:55:09 AM »
Her Ponderosa video was really sweet and she's such a real, genuine person.
I'm sad we didn't get to see much of Desi in the edit. :/

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 02:47:26 PM »
You went too early Desi!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule: