Author Topic: TAR 29 Ep 9 & 10 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 5/18/17 NOTE 9PM start!  (Read 19459 times)

Online RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Next episode in South Korea: We have four teams fighting for their placement in the final three! Seems to be a bunch of gaming tasks with a competitive cup stacking task and video game challenge.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I will say this is one of the VERY few instances I'm okay with a leg having ONLY a RB mainly since I'm sure if there were a Detour as well someone would be having a medical emergency :(

This HAS to be the Emmy episode.

Online RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
......Team Fun moment of silence....
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OMG VIDEO GAMES AND CUP STACKING IN SOUTH KOREA  :funny: :funny: :funny: <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
:torche Team Fun :torche

A video game themed leg!? That'd be so cool! :conf: :trampb: :wohoo:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
one of the best leg in Vietnam

Online RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Despite the outcome of the tenth leg, I feel like this was a beautifully edited episode with the perfect amount of drama from more than a couple teams, surprises, and tough tasks that certainly proved Robbie difficult. One of the greatest legs in a while!

Ninth leg was also dramatic and tricky. Even though Brooke & Scott's arguments surpassed the excess, we also got drama from Tara & Joey's side with their error and some bickery moments. Also, the Detour was well planned with attention to detail versus maneuvering a long item in an encased space.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

If there's a K-POP task as well  :conf:

ALLLLSO I think it might be a double roadblock leg, which explains all the weirdness with Matt at the guard task and Scott before the bungee jump.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member

First time this season (at least that I can recall) that TAR is trending on Twitter!

Hopefully this means a season high in the ratings.

Does anyone remember when this last happened?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster

If there's a K-POP task as well  :conf:

ALLLLSO I think it might be a double roadblock leg, which explains all the weirdness with Matt at the guard task and Scott before the bungee jump.
I get the impression that it's a double RB leg, too, which is mildly annoying. The lack of Detour fit well with this Leg in Ninh Binh, but I'd hope that the penultimate Leg would involve the increased complexity that Detours provide. And especially since most modern finales don't include Detours, it would feel a bit off to not have a Detour after Leg 9.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
So, who has played some Street Fighter V?  Hope the racers don't play like a scrub.

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
RIP Becca and Floyd

Second fav team!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
omg per secret scenes: Brooke & Scott found a faster flight to Hanoi but chose not to take it because Brooke kept bitching and worrying about the potential delay  :funny: :funny: :funny:

That decision eventually worked itself out not only for them (NEL) but for us, the viewers! (Brooke's meltdown over the ladder wouldn't happen if they were indeed first)  :bunny

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
I was very impressed with Floyd.  That kid just kept pushing until he couldn't push any more and he did it without complaining.  It's too bad that team fun had to go when he tried so hard.  I'm a bit annoyed with production on this leg.  How did they not think that someone could have a medical issue with such a strenuous task?  They should have at least allowed him to leave what he had and go back to pick up what he dropped.  IMO this was a preventable problem and no team should be eliminated because of a preventable problem.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I was very impressed with Floyd.  That kid just kept pushing until he couldn't push any more and he did it without complaining.  It's too bad that team fun had to go when he tried so hard.  I'm a bit annoyed with production on this leg.  How did they not think that someone could have a medical issue with such a strenuous task?  They should have at least allowed him to leave what he had and go back to pick up what he dropped.  IMO this was a preventable problem and no team should be eliminated because of a preventable problem.

Since Vietnam is within the tropical region, and filming took place around June or July, it was really hot at that time and place. Floyd not being allowed to take the load off is part of task rules, but the heat was the cause of his fatigue, not likely the heavy balancing load, although it's a factor.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Short comment: Great double episode! I love how we got back-to-back episodes in Vietnam and back-to-back legs of switchbacks. :hrt: Leg design wasn't the best, but task difficulty proved enough or too much on both legs. Sad to see Team Fun go. :( At least they did their best and remained positive all the way, never mentally giving up any one nanobit.

Long comment: Too sleepy to work on it now, but it will come. I have an outline this time, so writing it can be less difficult.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Among the switchbacks we have so far, I find the bike roadblock in Leg 10 the most successful one yet. The TAR15 haybales task wasn't as 'bad' as the one in TAR6. My Ox is Broken V.2.0. felt lacking. Cheese rolling in Switzerland had a different feel. (Insert many other switchbacks that were either lacking or simply satisfying.) This one in Vietnam? Still so powerful on its 2nd time in the franchise.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Just watch these episodes and...

Leg 9:
- yay to Hanoi vietnam
- before leaving to Vietnam, there's a switchback RB task from season 9 at Corinth Canal...
- ARI was tricky but teams didn't have too much trouble
- the detour was incredibly mad... facing the traffic mess in hanoi street always entertain me... both task were equally hard and devastating in its own way...
- pitstop at the park... if you're in fight avoiding last place, oh boy that traffic ...
- the editing  was fast pace and very intense, especially in last 15 minutes... and i don't expect a heavy argument at pit stop, but oh boy Brooke... it should have been " Brooke vs people of Hanoi" , she never hestitate to yell in the crowded residence... including the taxi driver :lol:

Verdict : this leg was madly great... the star of this leg were the detour, the editing, and Brooke :lol: it was intense and entertaiment-packed...

Leg 5:
-going to Ninh Binh with buses
- yes for biking a long the leg... finally  gnomes to guide teams along the leg <33 i had missed you (since 20 ??? idk cmiiw )
- another switchback Rb from s3 ( basket bike frenzy <333) and i still feel the intense and the merciless this task... wow what a big physical demanding task that also need orientation detail, and right balance to kill it off...
- a Ari task, to replace the detour ( it was reasonable since the rb would drain your energy more), so unique yet challenging (but it's kinda like a Rb rather than literal Ari but whatever)
- 500 steps away to pit stop ( wow idk if i ever do that without whining complaining along hiking to pit stop, i'll end up in hospital instead, so another kudos for not adding another task (include detour) in this leg)
- the editing was very good, especially at the Rb... but #Teamfun :(

Verdict : emmy-worthy leg...  very physical demanding leg that tests some team determination... best leg in a while
what might have been

Online RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Since Vietnam is within the tropical region, and filming took place around June or July, it was really hot at that time and place. Floyd not being allowed to take the load off is part of task rules, but the heat was the cause of his fatigue, not likely the heavy balancing load, although it's a factor.
The heat at the time of the filming in Southeast Asia definitely played as the major factor for what happened to Floyd that day. He had to recuperate at the delivery point after the second attempt to cool down. The rule of picking up the missing shrimp baskets with the bike makes sense because the whole objective of the task was to transport them on the bike like local fishmongers do. Otherwise, some teams would have just ditched the bike and just used their hands to carry them all. Not to mention, had they ditched the bike, the heat would have been way worse for every team because the RB performers would have to be exerting more energy to RUN back and forth with numerous deliveries. Simple science: You need more energy to run than to use a machine.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Whoa, a couple of race episode which takes place at places where I have actually have been.

The Hanoi old town is a wonderful, but slightly crazy, place. The park where the Pit Stop was has a big lake where you can rent Swan boats. We did so on our visit so but stood out because all other renters were young couples who were much more interested in each other than paddling around the lake :)

Also Ninh Binh is a spectacular place. The normal visit for tourists is to take a boat tour which starts from the Tam Coc wharf (where the racers picked up and left their bikes). A local girl rows the boat, yes with her feet, along the river to a pond and then back again. That pond is where the racers found their boats. I remember seeing that dragon up on one of the mountains next to the river, but unfortunately we never got to visit it.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Are the Hanoi streets really that nuts all the time? :o

During hour 1, I was remembering the last time where Winnie said "there's like 80 billion mopeds right now"

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
One of the saddest eliminations in a while... this double episode really felt like classic TAR for some reason.  I loved Brooke & Scott and Tara & Joey's cab race at the end of Leg 9... I remember those used to be so frequent (and annoying!) but it was welcome here.

Becca & Floyd :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

??? help me out please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

First time this season (at least that I can recall) that TAR is trending on Twitter!

Hopefully this means a season high in the ratings.

Does anyone remember when this last happened?

I have seen it several times this season... great sign!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
AWESOME JOB RACHEL!!  :conf:

:tu SO MUCH!!
RFF's Golden Rule: