Author Topic: Hunted Episode Three: "Operation Cupid's Revenge" **LIVE DISCUSSION** (8 PM EST)  (Read 50361 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
It is like having two separate shows: the teams and the Hunters. Can you imagine if they had to squeeze racer AND production POV into 42 minutes?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I'm not going for another team! They just get CAPTURED!

Anyway, how much is the reward money? I know is around 250 pounds, in the UK version.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:14:33 AM by BourkieBoy »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

250,000 dollars. 250 pounds is 300 USD
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:53:25 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Betty Tashjian iconic Armenian goddess. :hearts:

Connie Min fierce queen.  :hearts:

Alli Paganetti beauty queen realness. :monroe:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Also those boys were beautiful and had a great strategy... truly the first team to stay off the grid completely! But one person cost them everything. :(
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline mittyzam

• RFF Not So Newbie
Watched this episode, I feel a lttle frustrated with the productions. :groan:
Miss David & Emiley. Hope they can win.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Why did they only go for 8 episodes? I agree that this episode was rushed and confusing.

Also, I hate how they do not givd accurate placings. And I don't get the idea behind it. I understand that nothing interesting was happening with Troy & Chele, but they could've just been given a UTR edit until they were eliminated in an episode that tuly showcased their placement.

God, production needs to be more critical of the elisodes and the season as a whole when editing next time.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Do you think because the wanted poster worked on the boys, they decided to do it on Troy & Chele?
I think the boy did pretty good but they have no plan B. They should have someone to call on, backing up than depending completely on strangers.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Also, I hate how they do not givd accurate placings. And I don't get the idea behind it. I understand that nothing interesting was happening with Troy & Chele, but they could've just been given a UTR edit until they were eliminated in an episode that tuly showcased their placement.

God, production needs to be more critical of the elisodes and the season as a whole when editing next time.

To be fair, with the placements, that's how the editing works in the UK version and it is executed flawlessly, as each episode only focuses on 2 teams or 3 at the most, with the third being usually UTR, it allows for truly rich and organic RTV storytelling - you will never finish a season without the sense that each fugitive has a certain story arc that was complete, in only SIX episodes. It's not with the number of episodes, but how it is presented.

Unfortunately, this episode of the US version was rushed simply because they focused too on too many teams to carry it and we fail to get the exposition on how many days a team actually lasted, unlike the UK.

It should improve beginning next week, as we will have finally met the entire cast. Hoping for the best because it already looks like this was renewed for a Season 2 as the Twitter of the show posted they were looking for fugitives :)

Do you think because the wanted poster worked on the boys, they decided to do it on Troy & Chele?
I think the boy did pretty good but they have no plan B. They should have someone to call on, backing up than depending completely on strangers.

Posters are always used if I'm not mistaken, they were only shown being used against the boys and Troy & Chele because in that case, they worked. I wouldn't see how Command Center wouldn't utilize posters against everyone considering a flier takes 30 minutes tops to create in MS Word.