Author Topic: TARA 5 Ep 9 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*  (Read 96320 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TARA 5 Ep 9 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2016, 04:04:02 AM »
For the first time ever, I am really questioning TAR Production on this. Were this leg's hateful twists really scheduled for this leg or were they thrown in because the previous ones were not used??

Agree also that their should have been enough horses so they did not have to wait. This is the PENULTIMATE LEG...LET THE RACERS DETERMINE THEIR OWN FATE!!

All of this, pretty much.

You know, I just finished my recap, but I didn't actually think about the U-Turn's placement.  EXCELLENT POINT!  Wow, that would've been a game changer. 

:escape to edit my recap Episode Thoughts lol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2016, 08:04:14 PM »
placed a U-Turn BEFORE detour? and it doesn't stop right there. Both detour sides has limited stations, so when Treasuri & Louisa done the Human Bull detour in FIRST place, they have to wait around 30 minutes doing NOTHING before doing the other side of detour.

What might happend if the u-turn board would be available after the task, as usual - would T&L use it? That might be interesting...

They would have DEFINITELY gotten revenge on Parul & Maggie.

I want to see this BADLY  :grins:

I think it depends? Trez & Lou could be nice inside and just not use the U-turn. ???

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2016, 08:04:46 PM »
Something I'm frustrated about this episode are bitter fans forgetting how amazing this cast is and instantly wishing ill towards Eric & Rona and Parul & Maggie despite the fact that this episode was nowhere near TAR24 levels of awful in terms of race powers like the "Accidental Alliance".

For the last time, that annoying placement of race powers were PRODUCTION'S FAULT, not the RACER'S. There is no doubt in my mind that Yvonne & Chloe would ALSO have used it as they were 2nd to last.

There really shouldn't have been a race power on the PENULTIMATE LEG  :groan:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »
I hope I still remember stuff…

The coffee thing was okay.

The roadblock was physically challenging. Eric obviously had the upper hand, while Yvonne was struggling really bad. The only reason Yvonne & Chloe were still 3rd after the roadblock was the fact that Trez & Lou were Yielded. I really like how Louisa used the Yield to her advantage for the roadblock. :hoot: They remained optimistic during the yield, and there was still hope from there even if they finished last.

The U-turn is extremely questionable. It is unusually before the detour, and it will definitely change things had it been after, especially with Trez & Lou finishing 1st in the detour. They had to wait for the Filipino teams to finish the detour before they can perform the other side, and that took some time away from them. The U-turn right before the detour was 'lethally' unfair. The only way Trez & Lou could've avoided elimination with this horrid leg design was if they were 1st at the HoO, or 2nd because Yvonne & Chloe didn't want to use the Yield. The detour was great though, the bull task proved to be hard, yet Trez & Lou finished 1st out of the 4 teams. :o From worst to first in one penultimately challenging task! It really sucked that the pre-detour U-turn ruined their race. The dragon detour was the less physical task obviously, but it required strict detail.

The bean task was nice, but even if the U-turn was after the detour, there's no chance for a team to catch up on that ARI. :groan:

Tasks were great, but the U-turn ruined the whole leg. The slow-motion part with Trez & Lou finding out they were U-turned was "dramatic." :res: I'm pretty sure they weren't allowed to say anything about the horrid leg design being against them, so we only got the word "Impossible!" from Louisa at the pit stop. :torche I'm pretty sure they had much more to say that they couldn't say on TV, or out loud during filming. :( This is the saddest elimination since a long time ago.

Yvonne & Chloe were extremely lucky this leg. The roadblock already made them struggle, and Yvonne was crawling, literally! :o The detour took them too long as well, from what it looks like with the progress comparison between theirs and Trez & Lou's. Also, Chloe was injured! :ascared They had a tough leg for sure!

Parul & Maggie and Eric & Rona were just playing smart. If it was another team from a different country using it, I would've said the same thing. It really boiled down to leg design. We've seen a detour on the penultimate leg during TAR14, and it was a smart move by Tammy & Victor, but I didn't like where it was placed - on the penultimate leg. The same criticism applies for fast forwards. It may be a 50-50 chance, but it's unfair to whichever team winning that thing in the penultimate leg. I myself would never put a Fast Forward, Yield, or U-turn on the penultimate leg in any of my fanfics. Deadline in strictly 9th leg (including EP), at least for me.

There's a lot more I have to say about this season. There were many amazing factors yet many disappointing factors that brought this season together. I'll most likely compile everything by season end.

Also, 2 beauty queen teams in the F3 is just incredible! :o Normally because beauty queens are easily underestimated as the weak teams. I never expected any of those 2 teams to be F3 this season. I thought they'd be early boots, but both teams proved how strong they are even as beauty queens. They are definitely not your ordinary beauty queen teams, and I hope the US TAR can get better FF teams like TAR Asia. :hoot:

I think that's all I can say. ??? I'll move to Trez & Lou's thread now.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2016, 10:59:19 PM »
It's totally production's fault. It just screams of them wanting to have at least one U-Turn or Yield used on the Race and they decided to just throw them in here.  Maybe even after teams explicitly say they would use it this Leg.

I think the main problems are:
-Yield AND U-Turn on the same Leg
-A Yield or U-Turn on the penultimate Leg
-U-Turn placed before the Detour
-U-Turn on a Limited Stations Detour

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2016, 01:44:26 AM »
Good point platrium, this leg is a major decline of what it seems an amazing season by far, this leg design, including placing race power on penultimate leg and limited station at detour was catastrophic decision by producer, that intend to create stuff of drama that really indeed unfair (luckily the task was divine).... That should be a lesson for producer if they greenlight season 6, or by any TAR franchise if they want to add new fans and viewers and reachs good rating

But looking at F5 on this race is like watching season 11 and season 17 of TARUS (or TARA 1 if need), the FF was unpredictably strong .... First before the race, i thought it would have been MM taem or MF team will go further, really...
The next episodes, i saw Trez and Louisa win 4 legs before ended in Banyuwangi, and the rests of FF dominate the line-up for final... I hope the next season will be as great as this seasons in term of unpredictable cirumstances ( don't mention thw race power at penultimate leg)...
what might have been

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2016, 02:04:25 AM »
TAR Asia fulfills one wish that I have been dreaming of, now I can tick it off. 3 All-Female Teams in the Final 4. Big surprise is 2 of them are Beauty Queens, very rare for Beauty Queens to go this far and kudos for all them for continuing the legacy of Dustin & Kandice and Brooke & Claire. I predicted that Treasuri & Louisa would be the strongest of all the all-female teams from the start and they did. Definitely alpha-females of the Season. I completely agree with Platrium that the US Version needs stronger F/F teams.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:11:18 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2016, 02:35:09 AM »
I'm just annoyed because I think Parul and Maggie are not as fun to watch as Trez and Louiz :(

Eric and Rona are such underdogs...

I'm rooting for Philippines to take home the win. Because their audience base is one of the largest, and if their audience base can continue to fuel a season 6, it will be amazing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2016, 02:24:59 PM »
Info thanks to GB and the RFF WIki! I asked about powers and the penultimate leg:

There was a Must-Vote Yield on the penultimate leg of TAR Philippines 2.

There was a U-Turn on the penultimate leg of TAR14 (Kisha & Jen saying Chinese food orders?), TAR China Rush 3, TAR Norway 2, and TAR France
~~~~~~~~~~~

I am SO glad TAR USA appears to have abandoned this horrendous idea!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2016, 02:33:06 PM »
The leg was actually pretty awesome bad because of the unexcessive excessive amount of race advantages.

This was one of the best worst F4 legs I have ever seen but the tasks saved everything.

I wish production learn from their mistake if this show airs again.

It would have been great to have an all- FF finale. USA needs to take some notes for better FF teams.

I actually like the PH teams. Chloe and Yvonne are the team I think won't win because of Chloe's injury and how they worked this leg.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2016, 11:08:45 PM »
Info thanks to GB and the RFF WIki! I asked about powers and the penultimate leg:

There was a Must-Vote Yield on the penultimate leg of TAR Philippines 2.

There was a U-Turn on the penultimate leg of TAR14 (Kisha & Jen saying Chinese food orders?), TAR China Rush 3, TAR Norway 2, and TAR France
~~~~~~~~~~~

I am SO glad TAR USA appears to have abandoned this horrendous idea!

Ironically (out of all those seasons I've watched aka TAR14/TARPH2/CR3) those are all horrible seasons.

At least TARA5 broke the streak :lol:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2016, 11:03:14 AM »
such a phenomenal leg <3 just able to watch it lol  :funny:

despite the producer's blunder for putting yield and uturn before the detour, i've never enjoyed penultimate leg like this before. with challenging tasks like this, this is the best penultimate leg that i've seen in a while.

so sad to see treasuri/louisa go :( i already can feel it that they may not go to the finale, but the remaining teams are all entertaining, and i honestly don't mind to see any of them wins, proving that this season features such stellar casts <333
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here