Author Topic: WHEN will TAR 29 air? PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!  (Read 62162 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: WHEN will TAR 29 air? Speculation!
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2016, 10:31:44 PM »
What is the current situation here?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2016, 10:37:55 PM »
I'm still waiting.....impatiently.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2016, 10:53:16 PM »
The episodes are all gone from CBS All-Access and I don't see a lot of complaints...  :groan:

This is worrying.

Either way, fingers-crossed. CBS should be announcing the midseason schedule as we near hiatus for multiple shows (FOX has already announced theirs).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:02:03 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2016, 11:16:29 PM »
The episodes are all gone from CBS All-Access and I don't see a lot of complaints...  :groan:

This is worrying.

Either way, fingers-crossed. CBS should be announcing the midseason schedule as we near hiatus for multiple shows (FOX has already announced theirs).

This seems REALLY bad.

Have they cancelled it?

Just need to wait for the mid season schedule and go from there...

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2016, 12:42:39 AM »

This is worrying.

This seems REALLY bad.

Have they cancelled it?

Just need to wait for the mid season schedule and go from there...

None as of now. Let's talk with CBS shows are currently airing, Pure Genius' ratings went terrible and dropped after the latter's second episode where in which is most likely to be cancelled. MacGyver is doing well on TAR's perceived Friday night slot.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:13:24 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »

This is worrying.

Off topic:

The CW announced its midseason schedule today. But we still need to wait the midseason schedule for big three networks, including CBS. ABC's The Bachelor and NBC's The (new) Apprentice were announced to be scheduled for winter premiere and that I am still worried for this.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2016, 07:02:06 PM »
BREAKING today:

CBS has decided NOT to give one of its new dramas a back order to its medical drama Pure Genius, which currently airs at 10pm ET on Thursdays. Doesn't mean TAR would air in that specific time slot, but it does open a hour in the winter-spring schedule, and shifting other shows to cover that hour in the schedule could open an earlier hour on one night for TAR 29 to air. This is the first new drama on this fall's CBS schedule not to get a full season order.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2016, 10:26:35 PM »
I dont think we went TAR at 10pm

The ratings wouldn't be that good I wouldn't think...

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Online TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2016, 10:40:40 AM »
CBS is pretty much the only network not to give any news updates about their midseason plans yet. It should certainly be coming by the end of the month.

Part of that could be that they don't have much to announce. Other than what will air in Survivors place in Jan/Feb, and what takes the place of Pure Genius (definitely not TAR), all other slots appear spoken for at the moment. I'm kind of feeling like we might not be back until the summer. Just a hunch

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »
In case I wasn't clear enough in my post, I never suggested TAR would move into that Thursday at 10pm slot. What I did suggest is that CBS could move another show on its current schedule that currently airs at an earlier hour into that slot, and that would be open to a TAR 29 scheduling.

I'm highly skeptical of TAR being held until summer; my suspicion has been that season 29 may be put on the All-Access app. I suspect CBS wants to have all of its reality competition shows on the app, so viewers have to subscribe to the app which would make more money for CBS than the shows already do with their relatively low production costs, and their world-wide syndication deals.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
TAR on CBS All Access = DOA

Online TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
That is a very interesting theory. I'm inclined to disagree with it, if only because I have to think TAR is a far more expensive show to produce than BB, which is currently on their service. Ad revenues would be incredibly smaller on the service, which would make a more expensive show like TAR tougher. But like you say, if they are serious about getting their All Access service more subscribers, that would be a start.

I don't share the opinion that they want
all their reality shows on the service though, the main reason being that Survivor is still among the networks highest rated shows, so it won't be leaving their airwaves anytime soon.

I kind of agree that if TAR gets sent to the service, it might be a one and done burnoff of an already filmed season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2016, 02:16:10 PM »
PLEASE DON'T PUT IT ON ALL-ACCESS!  :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2016, 02:45:54 PM »
You clearly didn't read what I wrote.   :groan:

Of course we want the EP's available there during the TV AIRING of the next season.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »

That is correct. You can read more here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,32661.msg1184350.html#msg1184350

No, I meant that if TAR becomes a CBS All Access exclusive then it's over for the show. They can't sustain a show like TAR for a service that still barely gets any subscribers.
TAR is not going to spur some big subscription drive for CBS All Access.  And if CBS can't even be bothered to wait and air/burn off TAR in the Summer, then it's done.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »

That is correct. You can read more here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,32661.msg1184350.html#msg1184350

No, I meant that if TAR becomes a CBS All Access exclusive then it's over for the show. They can't sustain a show like TAR for a service that still barely gets any subscribers.
TAR is not going to spur some big subscription drive for CBS All Access.  And if CBS can't even be bothered to wait and air/burn off TAR in the Summer, then it's done.

I agree with you. BB OTT (Off The Television) is currently airing on All Access right on the heels of BB 18. Even here at RFF with rabid BB fans, interest is clearly WAY down. It looks like BB OTT is getting 10-20% of the posts that BB 18 got. I can't imagine TAR doing any better. The BB fans are already conditioned to paying for the 24 hour a day feeds and even that isn't helping much. If TAR got 50,000 subscribers, which seems very optimistic, that wouldn't begin to cover the costs of producing TAR.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »

I can only speak for myself, but if TAR went to CBS All Access I'd consider it cancelled.  I already pay enough for cable.  I'm not paying for another service.  I'll just find something new to watch.  To your point, it's unlikely that I'm alone in my thinking.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »
I see NO evidence currently that this is planned. In fact, if you read what I wrote in the ALLAccess thread you will see something DISTINCTLY suggesting otherwise. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2016, 06:16:30 PM »
Yes, but as this is a speculation thread, if ever CBS decides to dump TAR29 exclusively onto All Access with no traditional TV timeslot, I think we can all agree it would signal the end of TAR.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2016, 06:53:34 PM »
Totally agree.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »
Almost a year ago, CBS announced the 2016 midseason schedule. As for next week with as to be followed, the 2017 CBS midseason schedule is about to be announced with any further details for the awaiting premiere of TAR 29.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2016, 06:58:19 PM »
We do NOT know the timing of any announcement Claude.

Hopefully before long, and hopefully will include TAR.
RFF's Golden Rule: