Author Topic: TARA 5 LIVE SIGHTINGS! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 160808 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts: And ONLY live sightings please!!

Comments on the sightings can go HERE >>that's where the real work takes place!

If you HAVE a live sighting to share, help us as much as you can with
WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful)
WHAT are they doing
WHERE (as exactly as possible... street? airport gate? address? be specific!)
WHEN (what time zone?, exact time)
and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you can email me, my email is in my profile. Your confidentiality will be respected. You can also PM me here.

IMPORTANT! If you find anything posted PRIVATELY by someone working in any capacity for the race or by production, do NOT post it here, you can cost someone their job...or worse. Let me or one of the Detectives know, and we'll see if it can be shared. Info posted on twitter/FB/Instagram/forums is considered public. Thanks!

Same goes for Detailed info on FUTURE legs, if you have a spoiler message one of the Detectives FIRST please. NO Future Leg info should be posted without checking please.

If you are posting a tweet, please post the tweet, the tweet time, and LINK TO the twitter user name. Take a screencap if you can, tweets do disappear.
Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it.

Same procedure for Instagram.

Photos should be credited. If someone is kind enough to share some with us specifically, those should be marked with photo by...or photo credit to....when posting. Generally, pics posted on Flickr, Instagram, twitter are considered "public".

We have made some changes to the posting FB links. (For full details, see HERE .)

Spoiler info from FACEBOOK may be shared. I would like us to ASK, but the current messaging system means many posts go unseen. If you do not contact them yourself, please let ME know the link so I can try. *basic courtesy*

Please quote the info, provide the link, and credit the source.

Pictures should be marked with a name or initials whenever possible, if you cannot, just link to them

If you find a BLOG, please check with me please before posting, we do try to ask the bloggers for permission to use their info and may be already waiting for an answer.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting, FB post or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM me to ask before you post.

The mods get VERY grouchy if they have to move posts.... so any non-live sighting chatter WILL be deleted!

Big :ghug: to all of you who are bringing us info, we couldn't do this without you!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARA 5 LIVE SIGHTINGS! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »
Fair warning!!

The mods get VERY grouchy if they have to move posts.... so any non-live sighting chatter WILL be deleted!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 01:02:15 PM »
No posting until the first LIVE sighting appears please!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 09:42:07 PM »
Starting today or tomorrow maybe?

Offline mellodoo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 10:23:13 PM »
Check out @Medi_andreas's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Medi_andreas/status/762139811515740160?s=09
It was yesterday. Gosh

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 11:28:30 PM »
more from Kota Tua, Jakarta. it was yesterday around 11am-12
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIy4w_jDJmK/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIy4w_jDJmK/
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 11:50:00 PM »
is it from Beauty Queen team?

@monas aka Monumen Nasional

source
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIy-k_YB1hE/?taken-by=toms7uno&hl=en
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 06:27:23 PM by aryantsoeseno »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 01:03:58 AM »
Possible Start Line??

I guess the start was at Sunda Kelapa?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 01:43:41 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 02:20:42 AM »
I don't know if I'm imagining it or something, but I think I read somewhere (Allan's FB page, TARA FB page or AXN FB page/Twitter) that the pic of Allan with the Mat was some kind of test run with the teams or something? I can't find it anymore. I must have been dreaming lol

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 04:05:12 AM »

We have Monas (National Monument) sighting by the fountain...  :yess:

@satpolppjakarta
Monitoring asia amazing race di air mancur goyang kawasan monas https://t.co/BxIJV8xnmO

via Twitter for Android about 1 day ago

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 04:39:11 AM »
Getting just a tiny more insight on the task at Kota Tua : Decorating a bicycle to be riden around the vicinity..

@kemaloedien: RT SindotrijayaFM:
WNA mengikuti lomba menghias sepeda ontel untuk dituggangi mengelilingi Kota Tua (7/8/16)

"Foreigners joining the competition to decorate old bikes to be riden around Kota Tua"

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 04:46:24 AM »
Getting just a tiny more insight on the task at Kota Tua : Decorating a bicycle to be riden around the vicinity..

@kemaloedien: RT SindotrijayaFM:
WNA mengikuti lomba menghias sepeda ontel untuk dituggangi mengelilingi Kota Tua (7/8/16)

"Foreigners joining the competition to decorate old bikes to be riden around Kota Tua"

Adding one more picture from the same tweet.

Photo credit: https://twitter.com/kemaloedien/status/762440916783161344
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:00:56 AM by georgiapeach »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 06:22:48 PM »
the MARK @kota-tua Jakarta.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 10:48:52 PM »
LEG-2 IS ON THE RUN...

WESTERN BANDUNG, INDONESIA

:cheer:  wish us the TAR Indonesian team the very best of luck   :cheer:

:hoot:  Sightings and Report coming soon by our RFF Indonesians member...
   :hoot:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:52:20 PM by ZouLy »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 05:58:10 AM »
MM Team but IDK which
https://www.instagram.com/p/BI30fUBgmcR/?tagged=amazingraceasia

Hard to tell, but one of them looks tan, which makes me think it's JK (he's tanner than the others).

Offline mellodoo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »
Hello there. Sorry for haven't report soon about leg in bandung. Compiling soon  :hearts:
Still work things etc

But Mostly they raced around cikole (Rumah Kurcaci, Downhill bike track) and tea plantation. :)
That's all for now will compiling soon

RECAP LEG 2!
Show content
Hello there! Sorry for such long wait  :(
A little bit work and procrastination. I hope we didn't let you down… :groan:
Initially this one is done from august but keep forgetting to post :| then when the premiere is one day away I just like freaked out!
Ehehe :D

So here we go!
Tuesday, August 8th 2016 marked as the second time The Amazing Race franchise went to Bandung. (Last time, Season 23 of the US version. We covered it too at the first leg in Bandung :) ) This time it's The Amazing Race Asia! The long awaited version (5 years of waiting) finally the Asian version see the light! *Actually I applied this season with one of the previous detective :D , Maybe one of you have seen our audition? But no calls, so I guess seeing em live kinda redeem it. If we were accepted, I thought we would've crushed it. Hehe.

Thankfully in Monday we saw posting in instagram that Allan Wu, Tara Basro, and Bertram Van Munster *which indicated that the shooting is ongoing!* , then we saw some sighting at Jakarta leg the day before, and after some digging, there is an info at Wates Parahyangan, which may confirm that we would had Bandung Leg. Since I was free that day too, with imel, we decided to follow the action. We hoped the info is right *if not, we would still have fun at lembang. Hehe*

We went there to Wates bike adventure park,  then on the way there from Bandung we saw red & yellow flag on the right side of the road!

(Location: https://goo.gl/maps/v4EJkx8Lj1M2 [-6.7808364, 107.6462259])

*I was freaked out a little bit. So I guess it was real!

So then we went to wates bike park. And it was right. There's sign there!

(Location: https://goo.gl/maps/pH1kv7mYG9E2 [-6.7731504,107.6365266])

It was cold in Cikole. So while we waited for the teams, we went to nearby warung and drank coffee/ate pop mie (the most favorite food cold weather in Indonesia hehe)
While we waited for the sign of the teams, I played Pokemon Go, and there is a Gym there! I guess I distract myself a little bit. Hehehe.

Okay back to the topic. So we waited a little while. Maybe we should take a look back at the first flag we spotted. Maybe we would get the next clue…

So we went back to the paintball spot that we past by waiting for the teams to come, while there are many people then. ITS HAPPENING. Girls team using pink-purple-ish using White Car with green Grab logo (it's easy to spot! Hehehe)

So reflex, we followed the car. Then not a while ago more Grab car come. There is duo male team (we called em the smarties cause imel remembered their audition video which is memorable that they met Obama. I remembered that one too) they went to wates detour I think. We followed them but we missed the girl (so they went to other detour)

We go back to the forest, and more Grab coming!

There are 3-4 cars coming. Dunno if there is more. We can't go near it because it's a restricted area. So we're ready to follow the teams that go to the other detour. Then we followed about 3 cars to go down to Kurcaci House.

(Location: https://goo.gl/maps/6x1QuAFHNe32 [-6.7851148,107.6521638])

We sat on the parking lot. There are some Grab driver talking and being directed with the crew. Then one by one grab coming. Louisa & Treasuri and many more.
Then there are men with red black tanktop getting lost at the kurcaci house looking for something (we experienced the real life teams getting lost T.T) they keep going up going down looking for something.

Then there is another alpha male teams getting lost too looking for something. Because we sat next to the parking lot then they came to us and ask

"Do you know cikole pine ? Is it here?”
“cikole? This is cikole.”
Then they showed us the route info clue. They then changed the question
"Do you see clue? Clue?"
“I think I see red yellow up there.” (is what they asked the detour clue? Still don't know) 
"By foot? “ 
” I don’t know I think by car… “

So then they quickly ride grab. They seem quite unsure that they asked the security personel also looking for direction (I hope I didn't mislead them though. Lol.) then I realized maybe that tanktop male confused looking for the detour clue.

Then another team go out from kurcaci house asked for toilet. "Oh it's down there" It's Tom & Anita! They seem nice. I shouted to them Good Luck Guys! They replied thank you.

So a little while we go up waiting for the teams from kurcaci house to the next destination. While we go up we encounter the alpha team again
“You found it?” “Yeah thanks”

So we ride our motorbike then followed one grab. We saw the pink clothed girls team. They went north to subang went past Walini tea plantation near Gracia spa. That was the place on TAR 23. so while we wait, we wait near the gracia enterance. We assume there will be task involving tea plantation ala Needle on the haystack. We saw from the far it's quite long to walk…

(Location: https://goo.gl/maps/FB6eNgpNLVp  [-6.7548947,107.6503928])

One by one team coming, we waited at the gate in case the next clue/pitstop direct them to other place, we ready to follow em.

Do you spot the clue? Its on the middle. Lol. Some team missed it and went back long the road just to take the clue.

Then incoming another girl teams using green accessories. They approached to us and ASK!
"Where is the clue?"
*I don't know to answer it whether im nervous*
"This is kebun the right? The enterance, where is it?"
"The enterance of what?" *im quite confused tbh, trying to grasp the question
*then the teammate asked her to hurry up*
"Cmon let's go!" and they went away running quickly towards subang looking for the clue. *in my minds im like. Wait wait wait. You mean the tea plantation ? It's there it's there, im trying to grasp the situation… ahhh* they went further riding the grab. Oh I just hoped they didn't get eliminated. I will feel really really guilty and can't sleep if the team asked get eliminated.

Huf.
So after long wait, the teams from the tea plantation isn't coming back. Is the challenge is really chalenging? Or they continue to the plantation in the middle of nowhere? We asked ourselves if we should went there. Some motorcycle pass by the plantation road. Then I opened instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BI38vK1gvHr/?taken-by=wulander&hl=en

Okay then Allan! I will find u. haha. (so in case the crew asked us where did us know?, we'll say it's from allan wu instagram) and my heart thumping so hard. It's quite long road by motorcycle, so imagine it's the team running through the road. Then we pass by a team doing roadblock finding something? Idk.
We saw the many big flag through the pitstop. But unfortunately we can't go further because the crew won't let us to go to the pitstop area because of the filming. They asked us too how did we know, "Oh allan wu posted in instagram. We are big allan wu fans" Because of the technical issue and will be hectic we directed to go back to the tea plantation entrance and meet Allan there. The teams that asked to me didn't come at last fortunately so I can sleep tight tonight haha.

So we go back, the skies turn darker. There are blackred tanktop guy team still doing roadblock. Then we just got outside the entrance, the smarties just arrived. (we guessed they switch detour.)
So we didn't know what happened after. It seems all the teams had gone to the roadblock
We waited for Allan Wu outside. It's started to rain and foggy. Finally we had a chance to meet Allan!
“Mr. Allan Wu! we’re fans” he shaked our hands then take the picture
“We’re a big fan of the show. big big fan” “Thank you for watching our show.” as he walked to the car because it was really foggy and started to rain.
So we went back to Bandung

I really appreciate the effort in this show. So many crews and so many people included to make things right. As a big fan of the show it really put the appreciation of the show to make to the next level. Great job for the producers & the crews & all participating people.

So I think:

Seen:
Louisa & Treasuri
Alex & Will
Brandon & Alphaeus
Chloe & Yvonne
Eric & Rona
Parul & Maggie
Jk & Mike
Tom & Anita
Last Two Teams:
JK & Mike , Brandon & Alphaeus
Unsure if Seen/not:
Rachel & Vicky, Rei & Keiji, Lisa & Nicole
MAPS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g6SuOgiE3DA4QvUnXpK5kmJxgIc&usp=sharing
:hearts: There u go.  :wohoo: Make sure u watch TARA 5 . maybe ull find me on the camera  :funny:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:05:53 PM by mellodoo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 08:55:22 PM »
Osborn Bikes posted a large file of set up pics as well as race pics from 8/9.

All Pics here:
https://www.facebook.com/osborn.bike?fref=ts

Race pics via Osborn Bikes

[LMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TARA%205/Osborn%20Bike/2.jpg[/IMG]2

IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TARA%205/Osborn%20Bike/22.jpg[/IMG]22

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 09:58:06 AM »
Leg 3 is I believe Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 10:02:58 AM »
KI Sentral Kuala Lumpar

I believe this is 2 teams: Lousia/Treasuri and Anita from Tom and Anita

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI9om6JjSi5/?tagged=amazingraceasia&hl=en
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:50:25 PM by fossil-racer »