Author Topic: TAR CANADA 4 CONTESTANTS - Jillian MacLaughlin & Emmett Blois (Exes)  (Read 37269 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jillian MacLaughlin & Emmett Blois
(Exes)

Jillian MacLaughlin
Current City: New Glasgow, N.S. 
Hometown: New Glasgow, N.S.
Strengths: Adaptable, hard worker, and a quick learner
Fears/Phobia: Heights
Favourite Travel Destination: “Anywhere warm.”
Pet Peeve about Teammate:
“He is so stubborn!”

Emmett Blois
Current City: Gore, N.S.
Hometown: Gore, N.S.
Strengths: Strong, problem solver, and driven
Fears/Phobia: Heights
Favourite Travel Destination: New Zealand 
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “She tells me when it’s bedtime.”

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR CANADA 4 CONTESTANTS - Jillian MacLaughlin & Emmett Blois (Exes)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 08:45:20 AM »
ABOUT JILLIAN AND EMMETT

Jillian and Emmett are reality TV veterans who live for competition. Having met three years ago in the "Big Brother Canada" house – Jillian is the Season 1 winner – this lively duo dated, but recently parted ways. With romance behind them, their relationship is stronger and allows them to be more direct with each other about their emotions. This newfound clarity will help them compete on Season 4 of "The Amazing Race Canada."

Jillian knows how to play off Emmett’s strengths, while he knows how competitive and brave she is. Most importantly, they both know they’ll never give up. “We both wanted to apply with other partners, but we knew deep down we could only compete with each other,” says Emmett.

The pair is ready to hit the ground running and admit there is a slight chance they could reignite their romance. On the race, their relationship will be tested, but either way, they believe their bond is strong enough to pull off the win. Jillian’s prize money would go toward building a home, while Emmett would invest in his businesses.

FUN FACTS
Motto: “Always race like you’re in last place!”
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? Jemmett
Walk on song: "Can't Stop" – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Past team they most associate with: “We don’t think there’s been a guy and girl duo like us so far!”
If you could be an animal what would you be?
Jillian: Tiger
Emmett: Eagle
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:20:18 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 08:47:28 AM »
More team questions from their profile...

Jillian:
What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? - Getting my yoga teacher training certification and eventually opening my own studio.

What’s one thing you wish you could bring on the Race? - My niece, Piper! She’s the only thing I wanted to pack in my backpack. Joking obviously but I will miss her the most.

Why did you choose this as your racing outfit? - We just chose clothing that was comfortable and practical. But if we’re being honest, BRIGHT as well! I have lots and lots of colour in my backpack!

Emmett:
What’s in your backpack? - Tank tops and the other half of Jill’s clothes and makeup.

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? - Open my own gym.

How did you train for the Race? - I have always been an active gym-goer but with the Race coming up I started focusing more on running and less on weights.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 09:59:04 AM »
It will be interesting to see their team dynamics considering they just broke up

Interesting indeed, will it be like a Tim & Marie or a Dujean & Leilani type (dominant female) or reversed or even both dominant?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 10:06:10 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline classy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 11:49:57 AM »
not sure we should believe the hype about the exes part, things aren't always as they seem, just my opinion, as someone who follows them closely, things may have changed, it will be interesting to watch, and they will be supportive of each other regardless, that much I can promise you  :hearts:

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »
Win, please. Slay the rig for all female teams from production and Jillian will become queen, again.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 05:17:47 PM »
Jillian is ready for her 2nd win :')

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 06:26:32 PM »
I am surprised they didn't do a Eric & Dani (pretend they were dating for the sake of the show).

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 07:34:12 AM »
Sounds like TPTB had something to do with Jemmett's silence on their breakup. Mike Bickerton tweeted: The embargo has lifted...bring on the breakup tweets!
And by the sounds of it, they are going to push the possibility they may re-ignite their relationship. :groan:

Offline classy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 07:52:45 AM »
I think they are together, time will tell

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »
'Big Brother Canada''s Jillian and Emmett on entering 'The Amazing Race Canada' as exes

Reality TV fans will recognize new "Amazing Race Canada" team Jillian and Emmett from their time on the first season of "Big Brother Canada."

But while they were known for their budding showmance during their time as TV housemates, they tell our Liz Trinnear they're entering season four of the race as exes.

"Exes yeah, but still like best friends," Emmett, a 28-year-old dairy farmer says. "Like we probably still hang out probably three, four times a week."

Jillian, a 30-year-old teacher, adds their current relationship status will actually probably serve them better on the race.

"I think being exes and competing will be easier because... emotions aren't involved," she says. "Like, we can't [go] 'Oh I'm sorry I did that,' or 'Oh I'm sorry I did this.' We're both in it for the same reason. We're both driving hard for the prize."

She and Emmett agree their favourite part of "Big Brother Canada" was the competitions, and Jillian has experience coming out on top, winning their season of that show.

So, what's their strategy going into the race?

"I think we're going to play with some of the teams a little bit," Emmett says. "I truly believe if you do that you're going to get further... You kind of want to play on people's emotions a little bit."

Source:http://www.etalk.ca/news/2016/june/jillian-and-emmett-big-brother-amazing-race-exes

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »
Jillian forever being cursed of gorgeous bio shots :(

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 10:46:59 PM »
JILLIAN MacLAUGHLIN & EMMETT BLOIS: Big Brother seems completely opposite to Amazing Race. “I know, one’s trapped in a small space and one goes everywhere,” says Emmett, who made reality-TV waves when he and eventual-winner Jill hooked up on Season 1 of Big Brother Canada.

“But it’s a high-stress situation all over again,” says Jill. “That’s how we met, and that’s how we bonded.”

As we speak, the smalltown Nova Scotia couple had not officially announced their separation to BB fans after three years together.

“It’s six months now, and we don’t post pictures together anymore. So they suspect. We get asked and it’s been the one question we don’t answer.

“But for sure our fans will be coming over (to The Amazing Race Canada),” Emmett says.

Yes, they predict, they will bicker. “But not because we’re exes,” Jill says. “We’re not going to be that couple who’ll go in and say we won’t fight. We will fight, we will yell, we will freak out. Because we want to win.”

Source:http://www.lfpress.com/2016/06/24/the-amazing-race-canada-big-brother-canada-exes-mrs-universe-and-more-on-season-4

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 08:46:04 AM »
Yes, they predict, they will bicker. “But not because we’re exes,” Jill says. “We’re not going to be that couple who’ll go in and say we won’t fight. We will fight, we will yell, we will freak out. Because we want to win.”

Jillian is WINNING!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 09:27:40 AM »
And by the sounds of it, they are going to push the possibility they may re-ignite their relationship. :groan:

I don't really see how Exes teams want to tease and drag it out though... AFAIK the only team that did that was Tim & Marie and even then it was after the show and it wasn't even in Canada.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 08:37:24 PM »
The Amazing Race Canada’s Jillian and Emmett enter an alternate reality

Jillian MacLaughlin and Emmett Blois are the best-known duo on Season 4 of The Amazing Race Canada. They met three years ago on Season 1 of Big Brother Canada, where 30-year-old teacher MacLaughlin emerged as the inaugural winner. Dairy farmer Blois, 28, was in third place. The ex-couple talked to the Star about their race strategy.

On Big Brother you were locked up in a studio in Mississauga for months. Compared to The Amazing Race, that show must have been like being in prison. Now you are free to travel the world. But what made you want to do another reality show?

Emmett: It’s like getting unleashed. To tell you the truth, before Big Brother, I was thinking of applying for The Amazing Race, I really love the show. But I decided to go with Big Brother at the time.

Jillian: (laughing) Well, maybe Big Brother decided to go with you.

Jillian: I don’t know how we could possibly have an advantage based on who we are. It could work the other way. Maybe people will feel threatened by us because they know we’re competitive. I don’t think we’ll be any better because we’re on another show.

You guys look incredibly lean and fit. Even more so than on Big Brother. That farm work must be paying off.

Emmett: When I was on Big Brother I felt like a rhino. Now I’m more of a gazelle in getting ready for this.

Jillian: We’re both very active. The last four mornings we got up before the other competitors and did 5K runs. We also do our weights at night.

Now this is a completely different game strategy from Big Brother. Social game play is important in The Amazing Race, but there are other components at work here.

Emmett: What we’re worried about is the luck factor, not the physical factor. The lost taxicabs, memorizing lines, that kind of thing. The other big difference is that they can’t evict us. In the Big Brother house, we monitored what we said. Boring sometimes pays off because it doesn’t get you into trouble. If you say what’s on your mind, well, the exciting crazy people go first. However, we’re not going to play the cutthroat game. Not going out of our way to be spiteful or hateful.

Jillian: We had to downplay our personalities on Big Brother. I’m definitely not a quiet person. In the house I was different. People don’t like loud and in-your-face people. But I can be more myself here. However, we know it’s going to be very difficult. I’m actually very worried.

In the finale of Big Brother you win $100,000 because Topaz, one of the contestants, accidentally votes for you instead of against you. Do you ever feel a teeny bit guilty over that? Or maybe even think of sending Topaz a thank-you card?

If she did it on purpose she would deserve a thank you. But I don’t. I feel like I deserve the prize. I worked hard. I played hard. I voted out the people who were against me. I feel like it was well-deserved.

I heard you never spent the $100,000 prize. Is that true?

Jillian: I still have it. We went to Florida with it. We’ve done some things, but for the most part it’s in a savings account. I went back to teaching and I always spent money like a normal person.

How easy was it to go back to a normal life after your first reality show experience?

Emmett: There was like a month where we didn’t leave our house.

Jillian: It wasn’t easy at first. It went from seeing 12 people constantly for a couple months, to everyone you knew in your life wanting to have coffee.

Your philosophy moving forward in the game?

Emmett: Put your heart into it.

Jillian: Try not to hold grudges. Play nice and only if we have to be cutthroat. But keep a good rapport. Build alliances. Maybe team up. We did learn something from Big Brother.

Source:https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2016/06/26/the-amazing-race-canadas-jillian-and-emmett-enter-an-alternate-reality.html

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 10:14:37 PM »

Ready to win! (sorry if im annoying i just love Jillian so much and hope she wins)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 10:33:15 PM »
So in short, they're going to try to run a clean race, I expected lots of villainy.

No doubt still a strong team, you can tell they're gym buffs by looking at them.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 06:52:03 AM »
So in short, they're going to try to run a clean race, I expected lots of villainy.

No doubt still a strong team, you can tell they're gym buffs by looking at them.

I don't know about LOTS of villainy, but when I tweeted about Emmett saying they will play fair - and included a spit-take gif, I had a few likes from cast members.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 01:33:36 AM »
JILLIAN :lol: <3

This is way different from when we saw her in BBCAN omg it's really funny to watch.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 12:47:17 PM »
I thought it was more funny than naggy and grating :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »
Her calling him honey all the time reminded me so much of Hayden & Aaron and I LOVE Hayden & Aaron  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 05:52:17 AM »
Definitely a Dream Team, Alpha Male & Alpha Female  :conf:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
I thought it was more funny than naggy and grating :lol:

Me too lol, but the casuals probably see it the other way around  :groan:

Surprisingly BB fans were quick to defend her and a lot of love came. :o

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 08:45:06 PM »
If Jillian melts down and bitches while at the top of the pack then I'm in extreme excitement of the meltdowns when she's actually fighting for last <33333333