Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 10 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 17099 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 28 Ep 10 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 07:57:09 PM »
Tyler & Korey and Burnie & Ashley are neck and neck right now.

Cole accomplishes his worst fears. Gets clue to Pit Stop! Good job, Cole.

Matt jumps and gets their next clue to the Pit Stop.

Burnie & Ashley and Tyler & Korey hiring taxis to the monomer.

Kurt does the RB and completes it quickly. Speedy recovery with seaweed still on his face. :lol:

Burnie & Ashley and Tyler & Koreuy foot race!!!

And Tyler & Korey are first while Burnie & Ashley are second.

Tyler & Korey win an Alaskan cruise.

Burnie & Ashley explain their Kelsey & Joey situation about their consecutive 2nd places.

Last three team's in a taxi race to the Pit Stop!

Dana & Matt get 3rd place while thanking the 1st and 2nd placers about their U-Turn choice.

Sheri & Cole arrive in 4th!!! :<3

Tyler suggests leaving before frisbee guys show up.

Brodie & Kurt arrive last... "and unfortunately you have been eliminated from the race."

Brodie has further plans with Blair after the race.

End credits/stay tuned for scenes from our next episode!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 07:59:02 PM »
tyler and korey first place again :res:

Burnie and Ashley :(

oh boy my internet sucked again :res: ... interestingly smoothly in last 5 minutes :lol:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:02:07 PM by rafael02 »
what might have been

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 08:00:23 PM »
Next week on The Amazing Race!...

The final four teams fight to stay in the race! With the finish line in sight, who will survive to race in the finale?!!?

Phil: You will be racing in the final three for $1 million!

Hawaii 5-O on now...
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 08:01:41 PM »
Well, nice leg. Expected a little more.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 08:03:29 PM »
Welp that was a terrible episode. Only good thing was Twinnie U-Turn strategy switchback.

Both Detours being delivery?  :groan:

Linear Roadblock?  :groan:

If only Dana & Matt didn't mess up the ARI they would have been stuck in the same positions the whole way lol.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 08:16:11 PM »
You are good at this Rachel!! Thank you SO much!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 08:23:18 PM »
another solid leg <333

the task all are decent and the w-turn drama ( Burnie and Ashley indirectly using Twinnies U-Turn Strategy is  :funny: <33 ) is great, although i dislike how team bitching, worries for getting W-turned  :groan:

the -snorkeling to find the next clue- is great, and make some teams distracted enough to get the next clue (Matt/Dana are the victims )

Monkey dance is entertaining <3

i really like the detour which one is physical challenges task and other side  is technically simple but  time wasting detour and decision to place detour before RB is a smart choice ( although it's proved that whether  the detour point is placed before/after Rb, it's really hard to catch up when you get u-turned)

RB is fascinating with blue clear lagoon and picturesque location... and an appreciation to Cole for conquering his worst fear  :hoot:

and the editing is slightly better than previous leg, with some tenses editing especially on last 10 minutes to the pit stop...

Burnie and Ashley is (again) robbed :(  and Brodie and Kurt :( great fight for them and i wish they return for AS

overall, i enjoy this leg (not too enjoyed b'cause my internet really slow :res: ), and i'm expecting magnificent penultimate leg next week :)
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 08:30:21 PM »
What I appreciated most  (and this coming from someone who HATES Uturns) was that these players understood the UTurn and how it works.

If anyone had any doubts that these players might not "know" TAR...this leg proved them wrong!! Good strategy all around, but oh so sad for Brodie and Kurt.  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 08:30:54 PM »
i really like the detour which one is physical challenges task and other side  is technically simple but  time wasting detour and decision to place detour before RB is a smart choice ( although it's proved that whether  the detour point is placed before/after Rb, it's really hard to catch up when you get u-turned)

No, if the Roadblock was not that linear. They only waited for Cole to be Mika 2.0.  :groan:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 08:32:31 PM »
What I appreciated most  (and this coming from someone who HATES Uturns) was that these players understood the UTurn and how it works.

If anyone had any doubts that these players might not "know" TAR...this leg proved them wrong!! Good strategy all around, but oh so sad for Brodie and Kurt.  :'(

Well, Sheri didn't understand what Burnie & Ashley did, did she?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »
Maybe not. or maybe she did, they have played a good game.

The others understood 100%. Burnie and Ashley could have chosen any remaining team, and didn't, ensuring who went home.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 08:41:02 PM »

Well, Sheri didn't understand what Burnie & Ashley did, did she?
Maybe she was just confused with why Burnie & Ashley chose to u-turn a team already in front of them
That is not supposed to be the "normal" u-turn mechanism

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 08:49:36 PM »
Burnie and Ashley - The amazing string of second places. -_-

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 08:49:53 PM »

No, if the Roadblock was not that linear. They only waited for Cole to be Mika 2.0.  :groan:

:lol:

hmmm what i think, it'snt impossible to catch up when you got u-turned (see Logan/Chris on TAR 27, but because the leg was too linear), but indeed it is really hard and need extra work to speed up from losing times after doing both detour
and even the RB wasn't that linear, still... (but, i agree because the RB is a high linear task)
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »
The Twinnie U-Turn strategy returns!

It was smart. Brodie & Kurt powerhoused the race (final average 2.60) up until Indonesia and had to go. Not a favourite team of mine, personally.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »
Maybe not. or maybe she did, they have played a good game.

The others understood 100%. Burnie and Ashley could have chosen any remaining team, and didn't, ensuring who went home.

it's mean actually :lol:

but dang love that strategy...
what might have been

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »
The U-TURN is never not strategic when it's meant to:

1. Eliminate a strong team who's finally for once behind you
2. Eliminate a weak team who's weaker than you to keep you alive

The only time when a U-TURN is used lamely is when you use it on a team you hate without strategy aka Joe and Heidi by Louie and Michael.

Sheri didn't understand the U-TURN strategy deployed by the first two teams, but it doesn't mean that she's not a race lover? I'm pretty sure that as long as a team understands how a U-TURN should be deployed, that's enough?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2016, 10:23:33 PM »
Sheri & Cole and Burnie & Ashley are my picks for returnee season
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2016, 10:52:53 PM »
Fifth second placement and they were in the Mat with the first team all the time </3

And a robbed win in Chamonix

Burnie & Ashley </3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2016, 10:54:05 PM »
The U-TURN is never not strategic when it's meant to:

1. Eliminate a strong team who's finally for once behind you
2. Eliminate a weak team who's weaker than you to keep you alive

The only time when a U-TURN is used lamely is when you use it on a team you hate without strategy aka Joe and Heidi by Louie and Michael.

Sheri didn't understand the U-TURN strategy deployed by the first two teams, but it doesn't mean that she's not a race lover? I'm pretty sure that as long as a team understands how a U-TURN should be deployed, that's enough?

Agree to these. ^
TAR20's W-turn wasn't strategic too imo, but it was dramatic. :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2016, 10:56:13 PM »
This seems like an exciting episode for the W-turn. :hoot: I'll watch it later when I can.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2016, 11:34:08 PM »
Sheri & Cole and Burnie & Ashley are my picks for returnee season

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2016, 11:37:49 PM »
I feel that this season is set for Tyler and Korey to not lose now. Sheri and Cole looks like a typical 3rd/4th place team, Dana and Matt a 3rd place team and Burnie and Ashley a 2nd place team. I can only see Tyler and Korey winning lol.

And to be honest, Brodie blew his chances to win when he burned that EP on Leg 8 just to win a leg. Like seriously, had they used it on Leg 9, they wouldn't even be that far behind this leg and would have made the Final 4 this season.

Their demise is similar to Tanner and Josh's poor use of EP last season and resulted in their own elimination because they chose to take the momentarily pleasure of finishing a task that is seemingly easy.

Not only that, I think the Express Pass actually brings more good than bad unless it's handed to you. You win an Express Pass, people see you as a threat, people are wary, people U-TURN you, and you die. LOL

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2016, 11:59:57 PM »
At long last, one of the most annoying teams go home. Technically the annoying one is only Brodie. Brodie, you keep on talking so much but your partner Kurt, who's a cancer survivor did more roadblocks, the physically challenging ones and slayed the race more than you did. 2 thumbs up for Kurt for being an inspiration for cancer-survivors out there.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:09:06 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2016, 01:42:37 AM »
At long last, one of the most annoying teams go home. Technically the annoying one is only Brodie. Brodie, you keep on talking so much but your partner Kurt, who's a cancer survivor did more roadblocks, the physically challenging ones and slayed the race more than you did. 2 thumbs up for Kurt for being an inspiration for cancer-survivors out there.

Well Brodie was still a good racer, yeah I have teams I prefer but you can't say only Kurt did well!