Author Topic: The Complete List of TAR Tasks  (Read 3717 times)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Complete List of TAR Tasks
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Complete List of TAR Tasks
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:40:14 PM »
And...?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
Looks really nice, but all of this information is already on our Wiki O:
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »
Actually, it isn't. Not even close.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 12:00:51 PM »
Well I beg to differ, my good sir. Have you seen the wiki lately?

There are some behind the scenes tidbits in yours that are interesting, and I will gladly add them to the wiki if there's enough sourcing, but every task has been completely documented on the wiki already and I'm a little offended to hear you say they aren't.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 03:03:37 PM »
tarflyonthewall, such great effort and neat documentation!

176 pages zomg!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 06:44:03 PM »
I love lists of things, thanks for sharing tarfly!!

We will gladly add in anything we don't have already to GB's comprehensive wiki!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 12:54:31 AM »
Hey! Are you interested in adding missing tasks to this list?

I had some spare time.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 08:17:36 PM »
I can't believe how rude of a reaction you got to this originally. This is so well organized (and you had the unaired Jamaica task up here for years without people noticing lol)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 09:58:00 PM »
Honestly, I can believe it. The entire reason I stopped regularly posting on here and other similar sites is because I was sick of many of the noisiest people in reality TV fandom pretending being a fan of a show means you're not allowed to criticise it, under any circumstances, ever. It's not just an RFF problem - I have the same issue with Rob Has A Podcast thinking their perspective on Survivor is the only valid perception, for example - but definitely the reaction this guide received here is vastly different than the reaction any of the other guides I've done over the years have received, fitting into that same mindset, and it's a big part of the reason I've never bothered updating it like I have with other guides.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 10:31:14 PM »
I’m sorry you dealt with that. And coming from someone who stopped watching Survivor, I get it (though it was more due to production itself).

Anyways, if on the off change you ever update this, I’d enjoy reading it

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 01:18:37 AM »
Agree with your sentiment. RTV fans don't like criticism and can't acknowledge that a show's (like TAR) quality is not what it was once before. The fanbases have become too serious and invested.

Honestly, I can believe it. The entire reason I stopped regularly posting on here and other similar sites is because I was sick of many of the noisiest people in reality TV fandom pretending being a fan of a show means you're not allowed to criticise it, under any circumstances, ever. It's not just an RFF problem - I have the same issue with Rob Has A Podcast thinking their perspective on Survivor is the only valid perception, for example - but definitely the reaction this guide received here is vastly different than the reaction any of the other guides I've done over the years have received, fitting into that same mindset, and it's a big part of the reason I've never bothered updating it like I have with other guides.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 08:48:43 AM »

I am distressed to hear this. YOU and YOUR WORK is VALUED and APPRECIATED here. We value and cherish your work and appreciate all you do.

Please message me privately about this? VERY happy to work with you about this.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.