Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 8 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 18751 times)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think this leg is better than last leg. The desert, camels, self-driving, Atlantis,  flashback of Mika & Canaan, and the most important thing is the NEL  :luvya: :luvya:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I forgot to mention that I like how some teams finished the leg at night. :luvya: Too bad it wasn't as dramatic as teams finishing any task at night.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I forgot to mention that I like how some teams finished the leg at night. :luvya: Too bad it wasn't as dramatic as teams finishing any task at night.
The magic of self-driving :hrt: or early sunset :lol:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
One of the women, I think it was Rachel, wore a one-piece suit. Does that mean they didn't have to wear the skimpy gold ones if they had their own bathing suit?
You could see gold straps on her shoulder.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
<333 self-driving leg

<333 sheri and cole nel

<333 brodie just giving up on like one of the easiest rb ever and they're gonna regret if they need the EP later on

<333 detour

</333 roadblock is kinda lame but i guess they just really wanted the guys and girls to strip cause it somehow drives ratings? or not?

great leg <3 so much better than the TAR 15 dubai leg. <333

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
And can Burnie and Ashley just win a leg? I know people might find them bland and boring but seriously. Teams like that deserve to win even more! We need to encourage team work and being nice to your partner more and this team is doing it exactly right. When Ashley said enough, Burnie without a doubt went along with it.

When Rachel said she can't for a million times, even Zach was pushing for it again and again.

I know some may say, if Burnie didn't give up the Detour, they might have win the leg. But did you see how she was breathing and choking. Maybe that Detour is just not meant to be their thing.

I really really hope Sheri and Cole and Burnie and Ashley can win a leg.

And, did I mention that this is probably one of the best cast we've had after Season 25? Even Season 26 had mostly bland teams except for Hayley and Blair. This is obviously a SOCIAL MEDIA experiment gone right. <333 :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Burnie & Ashley are somehow being the Kelsey & Joey of this season.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
<333 self-driving leg

<333 sheri and cole nel

<333 brodie just giving up on like one of the easiest rb ever and they're gonna regret if they need the EP later on

<333 detour

</333 roadblock is kinda lame but i guess they just really wanted the guys and girls to strip cause it somehow drives ratings? or not?

There were two Dubai legs that season. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
<333 self-driving leg

<333 sheri and cole nel

<333 detour

There were two Dubai legs that season. :lol:
I was trying to recall the Middle Eastern leg before the leg of the water slide. ??? Now that this is mentioned… :lol:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Burnie & Ashley are somehow being the Kelsey & Joey of this season.

If Burnie & Ashley don't win and they do a returnee season for 30 with two teams from this season, I'm picking Burnie & Ashley and Scott & Blair to return!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
This cast really IS great!

I wasnt Marty & Hagan to return for a second-chance themed season BADLY, and then we've got obvious returnees in Sheri & Cole and Scott & Blair PLUS I would really enjoy seeing Burnie & Ashley and Zach & Rachel back (especially the former). This makes me feel even more sad that S24 exists with all those pathetic team picks.. :lol:
overall all team  editing was good except Tyler/Korey's
Why do you say so? ???

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Before I read any post in this thread…

Why is it necessary to post so many emoticons?

X

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
It was funny all the men on the teams retrieved the clue from the Bedouin men then rubbing noses. It would have been funny if there was still an all female team.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If the Clevver team had made it this far, production would probably  have found a female greeter (and maybe a separate tent):Men⇄Men and Women⇄Women. More here.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Before I read any post in this thread…

Why is it necessary to post so many emoticons?

X

I believe there's nothing wrong to express my love for the show and its elements. :luvya: Besides, I remember overusing more before, and nobody even bothered about it. :grins:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Ep 8 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »
It's kind of old news at this point, but I thought after rewatching this leg last night I'd post a few thoughts anyway. I'd been thinking that the heat was really bothering a few teams. Rachel struggled to walk the camels a mile, Rachel or Ashley (?) coughing and gasping in the cab, Dana's generally cranky mood, etc.

However, I just went and looked up the conditions in Dubai that day (November 29th, 2015). It was about as nice a day as you could expect in Dubai. High temperature was 82F/28C. Dew point temperatures were around 55F/13C, so it wasn't very humid either. Winds were around 5-10 mph so just a light breeze to help cool you a bit. So these were not conditions that should have caused any heat related problems. Another indicator was Matt wearing a flannel shirt over a t-shirt. However, I do think that walking in the sand would still be pretty hot with the sun reflecting off it and difficult with all the sand shifting around as you walk and getting into your shoes.

I figure that we're almost 2 weeks into the race at this point and at this point teams are pretty worn out, tired and run down. Throw in long plane flights that always tend to dehydrate me and pick up somebody's cold and I expect that nearly everyone is at less than their best now and will be for the rest of the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »
Note too the last two sleeping arrangements. A tiny tent on a thin mat on a tile floor. Followed by a boat REALLY tossing around. Doubt anyone slept super well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2016, 12:43:24 AM »
That's a good point about the sleeping arrangements! No doubt, that makes them even more tired and irritable.