Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 6 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 16418 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Ep 6 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2016, 06:59:12 AM »
On rewatch I weirdly like Brodie & Kurt now? :lol:

They're basically so happy about everything and idk, unlike Leg 1, this doesn't seem as fake.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2016, 08:14:10 AM »
Kurt's funny (at least in the insider clips), but something about Brodie bothers/annoys me ???

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »
I just watched the leg, and I loved it! The RB drama made up for it being a mundane task, the Armenian scenery was incredible, and the Detour was amazing! Probably my favorite leg of the season so far.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2016, 08:37:16 AM »
I like this leg, but it's not as awesome as the previous ones. ??? I'm thinking it's because this leg feels less tense compared to the previous one, and the roadblock was meh for me.

I like the detour. :colors Both sides were equally difficult. However, the roadblock wasn't exciting nor fun, and it was linear in a way. It just showed how one team fell from the top of the pack to the bottom.

Armenia is pretty. :colors The Cascade seems so pretty to me, probably because I rarely see stone structures these days. :grins: The mountain at the background of the roadblock and of the temple is also pretty. :colors I also like the temple cuz it's pretty. :colors Armenia reminds me of some sort of ancient stone world. :luvya: I like it!

What I like about the EP this season: Thank goodness it's present! :hearts: :yess:
What I don't like about the EP this season: Why is it so LATE!? :gaah:
Still, I like the fact that it appeared this season. :wohoo:

I find Brodie & Kurt more amusing than annoying sometimes. :lol: Their energy during the end of the detour this leg was amusing to me.

Burnie & Ashley still need to claim a win after the leg they were robbed. :jam:

I still find it funny how teams become nervous, knowing that they're at the back of the pack, when they see Scott & Blair. :lol: The first parts of the episode even showed how Phil was surprised with Scott & Blair being 4th at the roadblock last leg. :funny:

Kurt has a point in not helping Sheri. It's for the EP. :( Meanwhile, at least Blair gave Sheri a hug, trying to cheer her up. I wonder how Brittany & Jessica reacted to that. ??? Tyler helping Scott was a smart move. The former had a point for his team's advantage.

When Brodie & Kurt found the clue at the theater, I'm glad almost all the teams had time gaps from each other. It'd be slightly more boring to see everyone leave the theater at the same time. :grins:

I like the shuffling of placements this leg. :luvya:
1.) Matt & Dana temporarily fell to last at the end of the detour, but Scott & Blair and Tyler & Korey were looking for cabs while they were able to ride one right away.
2.) Tyler & Korey fell to the back of the pack all because of the theater clue. With their reputation of getting only 1sts and 2nds for the 1st 5 legs, it's a good change to see them in 2nd to the last, with the danger of them falling to last anytime during the leg. :grins: Just like what Tyler said, it's a good thing for them to be at the back of the pack so that they won't be much of a threat from then on. :grins: I hope Brodie & Kurt will fall from the top as well for more placement shuffling. :lol:
3.) Sheri & Cole were 2nd, and it was awesome! :o It reminded me of Leg 4 before they were robbed of their supposed 3rd place finish. They were fighting for 1st at the roadblock, then it was such a pity to see them fall from 2nd to last right away. :ascared :( Good thing for them it was a zero-hour pit stop. :cheer:

Overall a good and decent leg, but it's not as intense as the past few legs.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2016, 08:45:35 AM »
Honestly, rewatching the Roadblock, (i know it might be editing but still) it was so sad and infuriating when Sheri said that she's so sad she's letting Cole down coupled in with shots where he looks like he legit doesn't care :res:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
When you thought this was Zach & Rachel's first time in the Top 3 (hence Phil's "This is a good day for you!") but you completely forgot they finished 3rd in Leg 1 :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »
omg this ep aired on Sheri's birthday :lol: =(

Cole LaBrant ‏@Thesupercole  Apr 1
A BIG SPECIAL HAPPY HIRTHDAY TO MY MOMMA @SheriLaBrant LOVE YA!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2016, 09:51:58 AM »
Pretty nice leg, and the best thing was to see Sheri & Cole on the first positions, and Tyler & Korey on the last. But then everything turning bad when people started to help Tyler & Korey, one of the strongest teams on there, except helping Sheri & Cole. Are you kidding me??? You helping the team who is beating you all the time? No logic for me.

Thank God it was a NEL, and I hope Tyler & Korey will be eliminated soon, I can't stand them right now.
Oh and I want Brodie & Kurt on the back of the pack too, just to see them in all positions. ;)

If other teams helped Sheri, it would be the showcase between Scott & Blair and Tyler & Korey and you wouldn't know what would happen even Scott didn't have much problem with the task. That's why Scott decided to finish this task first then tried to help Sheri after he made sure that his team was not in the last place.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2016, 10:17:54 AM »
Since the episode aired on April Fools (and if they had known it'd be aired on this day), it would've been cool to hear Phil say "I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race." this leg, then follow it up by saying he's kidding. :lol:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »
I must say that Armenia is a picturesque country. It's like it has been preserved and it is absolutely scenic. :luvya: I would like to go here someday. The tasks are challenging, particularly both sides of the Detour. Also both sides of the Detour definitely showcase Armenian culture. I just wished they changed the Roadblock into a different one that focused more on Armenian culture as this is the first time the Race is visiting Armenia.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2016, 10:28:47 AM »
Before I finish the leg, this leg just proves my theory that when you're always at the top, your edit will be like fun and endearing but the moment you're at the bottom and stress up like mad, it's totally not fun to watch at all.

I was holding my opinion that Tyler and Korey are like an amazing lovable team for the past 5 legs because I had the suspicion that it's not true and their Justin and Diana BOOHOOOO WE ARE LAST MOMENTS will come and WOWOWOWOWOW when they majorly screwed up this leg look at how negative they became </////3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2016, 10:30:46 AM »
I must say that Armenia is a picturesque country. It's like it has been preserved and it is absolutely scenic. :luvya: I would like to go here someday. The tasks are challenging, particularly both sides of the Detour. Also both sides of the Detour definitely showcase Armenian culture. I just wished they changed the Roadblock into a different one that focused more on Armenian culture as this is the first time the Race is visiting Armenia.

In a way, I think oil is a big part of Armenia. ??? I'm not sure, but Middle Eastern nations have a reputation on oil.

Also, I forgot to mention culture as plus points to why I like the detour. :grins:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2016, 10:41:33 AM »

In a way, I think oil is a big part of Armenia. ??? I'm not sure, but Middle Eastern nations have a reputation on oil.

Also, I forgot to mention culture as plus points to why I like the detour. :grins:

I remember Season 20 when they visited Azerbaijan, Phil told them that oil is a staple there and they had a task where they had to clean this man bathed in oil. Azerbaijan is one of Armenia's neighbors, so it makes sense, I guess?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:45:33 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2016, 10:47:09 AM »
Omg Blair and Scott and Sheri and Cole <333

Brodie and Kurt <33

Zach and Rachel <3

Dana and Matt and Burnie and Ashley -_-

Tyler and Korey <///3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2016, 10:52:43 AM »

You're right, I remember Season 20 when they visited Azerbaijan, Phil told them that oil is a staple there and they had a task where they had to clean this man bathed in oil. Azerbaijan is one of Armenia's neighbors, so it makes sense.
Changing oil still seems like a basic task to me since it's a very commonplace task all across the globe. With the crude oil bath in Azerbaijan, that is unique to its culture since Naftalan oil is believed to be a local medicine.

Heck, we even had Dieselgate in season 3 as a changing oil "task" for some teams.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »

Loved the episode!

Scott & Blair are such adorable, kind souls <333333 I also love that while other teams gossip about Blair's forced 'showmance' she ABSOLUTELY does not mention it like she doesn't even care :lol: <3

Cole is awful, but Sheri alone brings them up to a dark green. It's just so painful watching Sheri think she's useless and letting Cole down but it's so so inspiring when she proves herself wrong <3

Zach & Rachel are such UTR fun <3

Brodie & Kurt are sliiiiightly growing on me? I'm not as bothered as their yelling now and they're basically a more real-Leo & Jamal (TAR23 version). Brodie's yelling isn't forced like the early legs and I like them a bit better now.

Burnie & Ashley are LITERALLY like this every episode:
-Burnie throws a one-liner
-They do tasks in a very MOR manner
-Kiss
-Finish the Leg

And that's it. I'm honestly kinda tired of it? =/

Dana & Matt are so so boring when they're not yelling and being a fun bickering couple =/

And Tyler & Korey are just so fake and two-faced lmao. Putting on the act of being so happy to be there when seeing other teams then sniping about their experience when alone in cabs. So disgusting :res: They should have been the ones in last and the leg not be an NEL *sighs*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2016, 11:09:25 AM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH AND ALSO...

I LOVE ARMENIA OMG LOVE THE TASKS. LOVE THE DETOUR. LOVE THE RANDOM TASK IN THE THEATRE. LOVE THE OLD CARS AND BUSES AND TAXIS. <333333333

LOVE THE PITSTOP!!!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2016, 11:46:45 AM »

You're right, I remember Season 20 when they visited Azerbaijan, Phil told them that oil is a staple there and they had a task where they had to clean this man bathed in oil. Azerbaijan is one of Armenia's neighbors, so it makes sense.
Changing oil still seems like a basic task to me since it's a very commonplace task all across the globe. With the crude oil bath in Azerbaijan, that is unique to its culture since Naftalan oil is believed to be a local medicine.

Heck, we even had Dieselgate in season 3 as a changing oil "task" for some teams.

I know the roadblock is somewhat related to Armenian culture, but I really find the task underwhelming due to changing oil being too basic, as mentioned above.

Offline NatashaDrew

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »

He can say it in a tweet but he obviously can't say it in person when stuck up a mountain.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2016, 12:39:41 PM »
 :hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, NatashaDrew!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2016, 01:02:37 PM »

He can say it in a tweet but he obviously can't say it in person when stuck up a mountain.

The episode AIRED on her birthday, not FILMED

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2016, 08:47:28 PM »

Amen. Bread+weaving + something fabulous would have improved this leg.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2016, 01:03:07 AM »
Roadblock should've been sing Jan Jan tbh

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:04 PM »
One thing: How could Cole let her mother do the RB? For sure they already saw or at least have an idea that the RB will involve cars and then still not stepping up for her mother.  (:;) (:;) (:;)
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »
One thing: How could Cole let her mother do the RB? For sure they already saw or at least have an idea that the RB will involve cars and then still not stepping up for her mother.  (:;) (:;) (:;)
Honestly, I think Cole would have struggled just as much. He doesn't seem mechanically trained whatsoever. ;D

It was a bit strange that Blair hugged Sheri, and Cole wasn't shown comforting her at all (aside from giving perserverance one-liners) though.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)