Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM *read Post 1*  (Read 16527 times)

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 28 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM *read Post 1*
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2016, 12:46:38 AM »
Such a fun leg Loved it

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2016, 01:08:22 AM »
Apparently, that was an unaired double U-Turn, from a source tweet cited by Wikipedia. And there was very little air time spent on Sheri and Cole, even though they got an unaired penalty that didn't affect their placement, and still well ahead of bottom four teams. They didn't get hardly any last week, either. Are they getting the sneaking up slowly from behind, a little like a turtle, edit?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:11:08 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2016, 05:37:42 AM »
When they focused on fanny pack of Burnie & Ashley during their Detour, I thought that they would forget it or something  :funny:

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2016, 07:27:07 AM »
What was the tension at the end of the promo all about?  :didimiss:
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2016, 07:51:12 AM »
OMG I almost had a heart attack watching Zach & Rachel on the last place. I'm glad they are still on the race. <3
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2016, 07:53:22 AM »
What was the tension at the end of the promo all about?  :didimiss:
Joslyn: There they are. I saw them.
Blair: No! Hide! Can we have everyone down, please?

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2016, 08:02:33 AM »
The first half of the episode was incredibly boring but the second half is where things picked up. It reminds me a lot of TAR 23 Leg 2--also in South America--where the leg wasn't really exciting until night came. Except this Race was complete with the best race to the finish in a while!

Yes, the Detour was unbalanced, but wouldn't it be boring if it was balanced every episode? What would be the point if they took the same amount of time? It's up to the teams to pick the better Detour.

LOVE: Burnie & Ashley, Brittany & Jessica, Erin & Joslyn, Scott & Blair
LIKE: Tyler & Korey, Matt, Sheri & Cole, Zach & Rachel
NEUTRAL: Brodie & Kurt
DISLIKE: Dana (their bickering is so :res: I sometimes like bickering couples because I love drama but this seems so out-of-place/dumb)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2016, 09:05:27 AM »
Forgot to add that I thought it would be a NEL when Darius & Cameron got to the roadblock in 7th. :lol: I was fooled when I was expecting the cause of their elimination to be leg linearity.

Also, the unbalanced detour and the intense 4-way race is still bugging me. The former was something I am not usually fond of, but without it, the latter would never happen. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2016, 09:25:52 AM »
I actually thought this leg was amazing. As a fan, I wanted Zach and Rachel to stay so bad because Darius and Cameron are so mild, uninteresting and totally not into the race. Why did they even freaking pick them to race. They're unfunny, dull and... -_-

Thank God for stupidity at the Roadblock though, which helped it to be an interesting task after all. Love the Detour, but would have loved for each team member to get three Tejo instead of a combined total of three. (TOO EASY)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2016, 09:28:33 AM »
I liked all the sound mixing so far. And I could see potential rivalry as they're all social media teams so generally they will seek for attention... can totally see that they aren't here to make friends... and they're practical people after all.

I think this season might actually deliver LOL :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2016, 10:15:43 AM »
I actually thought this leg was amazing. As a fan, I wanted Zach and Rachel to stay so bad because Darius and Cameron are so mild, uninteresting and totally not into the race. Why did they even freaking pick them to race. They're unfunny, dull and... -_-

Thank God for stupidity at the Roadblock though, which helped it to be an interesting task after all. Love the Detour, but would have loved for each team member to get three Tejo instead of a combined total of three. (TOO EASY)

omg that first paragraph big red x

Most bland early boot M/Ms ever...

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »

I really agree with that because it will make the Detour more balanced.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »
Just a reminder that the teams don't necessarily know if the detour task choices are in balance; they just want the one that is easier and faster for that team to finish. There's no guarantee they will be balanced or not, or fast vs. slow, and most teams are in such a rush these days they often don't think it through, especially if they're provided a supplemental sheet that they can review, but often don't, before choosing.

To me, from a Race perspective, this was a tough and interesting leg. The leg design used cultural elements and locales in their design, and some teams did not pay attention to details. Some teams took advantage of tasks and their skill Sears to improve their placements, Brodie Kurt, Sheri Cole, even with an unforced error and a penalty. Methinks that placement of a double U Turn in this leg was wasted, it was too early and would have been better in another couple of legs.

The biggest shift in placement, and time, goes th Sheri-Cole, especially Cole, who managed to make up time to the pack at the top. The penalty did not help, but it may not matter if all the teams are in a pack together when they leave Columbia.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2016, 12:42:11 PM »
Tyler is ruining the race. Every place they went they got a confessional(and pit stop sequence) while Jessica and Brittany got no confessionals. Season tainting choices. Only here for Blair. Most ppl are in red.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »
The first half of the episode was incredibly boring but the second half is where things picked up. It reminds me a lot of TAR 23 Leg 2--also in South America--where the leg wasn't really exciting until night came. Except this Race was complete with the best race to the finish in a while!

Yes, the Detour was unbalanced, but wouldn't it be boring if it was balanced every episode? What would be the point if they took the same amount of time? It's up to the teams to pick the better Detour.

LOVE: Burnie & Ashley, Brittany & Jessica, Erin & Joslyn, Scott & Blair
LIKE: Tyler & Korey, Matt, Sheri & Cole, Zach & Rachel
NEUTRAL: Brodie & Kurt
DISLIKE: Dana (their bickering is so :res: I sometimes like bickering couples because I love drama but this seems so out-of-place/dumb)

I have to agree with you. The best part came during night time similar to that of Season 23's Leg 2 in Santiago, Chile. Detour was definitely unbalanced. it would have been better if it was 3 per team member. It would have shuffled placements more. This episode showed a bit more of the teams. Zach not being mad at Rachel despite her miscalculation of the money which put them behind, alliances of Jessica & Brittany and Sheri & Cole, Scott & Blair's enthusiasm of the Race, Erin & Joslyn and Zach & Rachel appreciating the culture of Colombia.  :hearts: :conf: Dana is just a buzzkill. Her out of place bickering with Matt is unbearable. As much as Tyler & Korey are a fun team. They are getting too much airtime. Cameron & Darius are mild and unenthusiastic about the Race. I just wish Marty & Hagan made it further than them.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:56:02 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2016, 09:02:38 PM »
Have rewatched that leg....

Have to say that first half was kinda meh... But the second half <3333333
Totally intense to see Zach/Rachel and Darius/Cameron, glad to see Zach/Rachel survived....

Have to say detour was good but could have been better if it had balanced... The RB was simple but yet mistakes from many team caused good drama...

So far:
Leg 1: A-
Leg 2: A-
Leg 3: B+

Still Sheri/Cole, Scott/Blair and Zach/Rachel are my favorites this season

And have to say that this season much much better than 27 we had and seems fingertips all of critics
what might have been

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2016, 08:50:48 AM »
Another decent Leg.  Definitely the weakest so far, but as everyone else has said, the last 15 / 20 mins were great.

I was expecting another linear Leg, like Leg 3 of S27, with no hope of Darius & Cameron catching up, but thanks to the unbalance of the Detours that was changed.  :lol:

Pretty peeved about Darius & Cams elimination, but after Darius making such a mess of the RB, they deserved to be eliminated.  As much as it pains me to say it.  :gaah:

Team Rankings:
LOVE: Scott & Blair, Darius & Cameron
Like: Zach & Rachel, Burnie & Ashley, Sherri & Cole
Neutral: Brittany & Jessica, Erin & Joslyn, Tyler & Korey
Dislike: Brodie & Kurt, Dana & Matt
HATE: ---

Team Averages as of Leg 3:
1st: Tyler & Korey - 1.66
2nd: Brodie & Kurt - 2.66
3rd: Dana & Matt - 3
4th: Burnie & Ashley - 4
5th: Zach & Rachel - 6
6th: Birttany & Jessica - 6.33
7th: Erin & Joslyn - 7.33
8th: Sherri & Cole - 7.66
9th: Darius & Cameron - 8
10th: Scott & Blair - 9.33
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
Dana is just a buzzkill. Her out of place bickering with Matt is unbearable.

Dana agrees. Check out her twitter, she was very vocal that this was editing, that things did NOT happen as shown. She was NOT happy with how CBS edited this. Sucks when you suddenly are edited to become the "villain".
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2016, 11:30:55 AM »
I love how people go on reality TV and are surprised at how things can be edited

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2016, 03:42:54 PM »
I love how people go on reality TV and are surprised at how things can be edited

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Dana is just a buzzkill. Her out of place bickering with Matt is unbearable.

Dana agrees. Check out her twitter, she was very vocal that this was editing, that things did NOT happen as shown. She was NOT happy with how CBS edited this. Sucks when you suddenly are edited to become the "villain".

:(

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue

Matt & Daniel? Ron & Bill? Ron & Tony? Elliot & Andrew? John & Scott? Gary & Will? Michael & Scott? Rowan & Shane? Ryan & Chuck?
:waves:

Idries & Jamil also sucked 5 times more :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I feel for Dana, though.
Imagine being a long-time fan of the show (which you probably are :lol:), applying for several seasons and finally MAKING it, only to be edited as a mean bitch which you didn't come across as to the fellow racers. Those 'harsh' words are from Dana's twitter btw. :)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Sheri and Cole got a thirty minute penalty! :faint:

❤ Sheri LaBrant  ❤ ‏@SheriLaBrant  ˇ 1m1 minute ago 

PENALTY : @Thesupercole grabbed a second bag to match.  He was to only grab 1. He ended up with 4 bags, 2 matching pairs
It is SUPER strange that the vendor accepted his efforts and gave him the next clue. It seems Cole did the detour totally incorrectly! :o

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Matt & Daniel? Ron & Bill? Ron & Tony? Elliot & Andrew? John & Scott? Gary & Will? Michael & Scott? Rowan & Shane? Ryan & Chuck?
:waves:

Idries & Jamil also sucked 5 times more :lol:

Michael & Scott/Rowan & Shane/Idries & Jamil <3