Author Topic: BBCAN4 - Mitchell Moffit  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
BBCAN4 - Mitchell Moffit
« on: February 25, 2016, 07:32:53 AM »

A self-proclaimed ringleader, this successful YouTube personality and scientist will use his social prowess to be a master social strategist.

Hometown: Guelph, ON

Describe yourself in three words:
Driven, “Out of the box”, Intuitive

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I think that on a broad scale, my strategy relates to what they say in evolution, which is that it’s not the strongest or the smartest, but it’s the species who are most able to adapt who survive. I think that applies pretty strongly to Big Brother Canada. You can’t know what types of people you’re going to encounter in the house, and what kinds of connections and bonds you’ll make, or what twists will come, but you can be on your toes and go with the flow.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
Can I say my boyfriend? I would definitely take him, for emotional support. We’ve been together nine years. We live together, and all of our friends are together, and we created ASAPScience – our YouTube channel – together. We met in university when we were both studying science and we fell in love with science and fell in love with each other.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
I don’t want to tell – Big Brother will find out what I’m afraid of! They probably can already read my mind. I’ve seen competitions in the past with cold water and that I’m not brave about. I’m a baby when it comes to temperature and everyone I’m close to knows that about me!

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
I would give it all to my parents. I love them so much and they’ve given me so much in terms of opportunities to be successful. There aren’t very many chances in life where you get a bulk sum of money and can just do something good with it. Maybe I could help them retire a little early or something.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
Definitely Neda (BBCAN Season 2). She is one of the best who has ever competed in Big Brother, worldwide. She’s amazing. She had that relatability. She led with the social side but really in the background she was always thinking. And when it came down to it, she did what had to get done and recognized it was a competition. I have one of her t-shirts!

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
I love Canada so much. I am so proud to be Canadian. Having travelled a lot, I am always excited to go home. It is so diverse and loving, and it makes me so happy that we’ve had gay marriage so much longer than most other places have.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Re: BBCAN4 - Mitchell Moffit
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 08:34:05 AM »
omg this guy is from asapscience <3333

i've never watched bbcan before, but it looks really interesting
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 01:32:05 AM »
This is an ACTUAL social media mogul.

It looks like he knows the game very well. I love his quote on "those who adapt best, will survive".

Also he has a rather sizeable advantage going into the game. He has 5 million subs on YouTube and he has his Boyfriend/YouTube partner on the outside. When a twistos twist/Canada's vote comes along (which knowing BBCan, it will) the boyfriend can use the YT channel to drum up surport for Mitch and whatever Canada's vote option will help Mitch. Also given that the channel doesn't show his face much and that Mitch will lie about him being a YouTube, the others will not know that he has this strong fan base that will help him come time for Canada's vote.

It might be early but he is my winner pick.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:12:10 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 06:09:36 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v6xuyoeGRfI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v6xuyoeGRfI</a>

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 08:12:49 PM »
Booooooooooooooooooring

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
Booooooooooooooooooring

Neda wasn't interesting until week 3-4 so give it time :lol:

True :lol:

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 08:30:30 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 4’ pre-game exclusive: Mitchell Moffit brings some fun (and science!) to the game

Every now and then there is a contestant on “Big Brother” or “Big Brother Canada” that some people may have heard of beforehand, and today, we’re profiling one of these very people in Mitchell Moffit. He makes a lot of science-oriented videos for the channel AsapSCIENCE, and while we’re admittedly one of those people who hadn’t heard of him before this week, we’ve seen some of his videos since speaking with them and they’re pretty entertaining!

Luckily, we’re also pleased to report that we found Moffit through this a very fun person to speak with, as well! Check out our pre-game interview.

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.

I’m Mitch Moffit, I’m from Guelph, Ontario, I’m 27 years old, and I make YouTube videos for a living. I have a channel called AsapSCIENCE with like five million subscribers, and we make science videos. My boyfriend and I started it maybe three and a half years ago and we explain quirky science to people. That’s what I do for a living!

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?

I have been a fan probably from the beginning. Not necessarily season 1, but beyond that I got hooked on those strategy shows like ‘Big Brother’ and ‘Survivor.’ I was probably twelve or thirteen when they started, so I’ve always just had that dream of being on it, and that couldn’t happen until it came to Canada. How else to tackle this experiment other than being in the house? That sort of excitement drew me to the competition.

If you could compare yourself to someone from ‘Big Brother Canada’ or ‘Big Brother US,’ who would it be?

I think that I’m [like] someone like Sarah Hanlon who won last season, and was super-friendly and outgoing with people, but they couldn’t necessarily read her strategy. My other favorite is Neda; she was good at laying low and being friends with people at first, but when it came down to it she was totally on the strategy end and made a lot of deliberate moves.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?

Ooo. Hard question! A lot of stuff about me is already out in the internet. We make a lot of videos and we discuss a lot of things. We vlog on the internet and show our lives.

To those people, not much would surprise them about me. For other people, I think I come off as very friendly, and I am a very empathetic and loving person. But I do think I have a deeper strategic / analytical brain. People can see some elements of that, but because it doesn’t have to come out that much in my normal life, it will probably come out more in this show.

Do you have a specific strategy entering the house?

I think you have to be as adaptable as possible; it’s evolution. It’s not the smartest or the strongest, but it’s the one who is the most able to adapt who will be able to survive. I do intend to form intense bonds and find some solid alliances. You want your ride-or-die, your #1 and #2, that way you can have [people out there to communicate with] who understand what’s going on in the house. As much as you win the game alone, you have to get there with other people. I want to remain as adaptable as possible, but find those other people who I can go far with.

What makes you think that you’ll be able to make it all the way to the end and win?

I think that I’m pretty social and friendly, and I can come across as genuine, even though I’m not always being that way. One of my strengths is actually just bonding with people. Some people in the game seem to forget is that you have to get to know people on a real level, and actually look at the way they tell the truth and tell a lie to figure out their strategy. I also have my science background, and [I will go] through my experiments and go through data, and [use] all of that to build proper strategy. Every move I make will be deliberate, and every competition I win or lose will be a move I make intentionally.

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?

Number one, I fear that I could get recognized in the house. On the streets I get recognized a lot, so there is a risk that someone is able to expose my true self. Any perception in the house that I’m a liar and I’ve misrepresented myself, or any sign that I have a following outside of the house, could be a major detriment to my game. That’s probably my biggest worry going in.

Outside of that, as much as I am strategic and analytical, I think I am caring and loving of people. That will be interesting for myself to separate those aspects.

Other than winning the money, what’s the one thing you’re hoping to get out of this experience?

Just winning the game and having the title of ‘Big Brother Canada’ winner is one of them! Beyond that the overall experience is just exciting; I’ve had the ability to travel and run a business and do these kind of things I’m really proud of, but I’ve never been able to detach myself from society and play this sort of game that a bunch of other people are interested in doing.

In closing, what do you want to say to Canada? Why should they be excited to see you this season?

I think that Canada should be excited to see me because I bring something to the game that people haven’t seen before. I’m a fan, I want to play the game well, and I want to have fun. I think [those are] some of the best players who work hard and play hard and enjoy the experience. That’s what I intend to bring.

Overall impression – Mitchell’s awesome. He’s super-smart, perceptive, and while he has some success in life, we also didn’t get the sense that he was super-obsessed with fame or an egomaniac. He speaks about the game well, and could go very far.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/196373/big-brother-canada-4-pre-game-exclusive-mitchell-moffit/