Author Topic: BBCAN4 - Paige Distranski  (Read 6349 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
BBCAN4 - Paige Distranski
« on: February 24, 2016, 06:31:58 AM »

A Northern Ontario nature lover whose experience in hunting and trapping will help her anticipate her fellow player’s moves.

Hometown: Thunder Bay, ON

Describe yourself in three words:
Happy-go-lucky, Strong-willed, Tenacious

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
Growing up in Northwestern Ontario has prepared me for this experience. I’ve grown up outside, trapping and hunting. Those things are all about anticipating an animal’s next move and strategizing to maintain the upper hand, and that IS Big Brother Canada if you think about it. Basically the Big Brother Canada house is going to be my trap line. Being in nature all the time can be harsh, and it’s made me strong and it’s made me brave.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
I would definitely bring in my cat Poozy! I love animals, they’re my biggest passion and she’s my favourite animal. She’s 16 years old and she watches Big Brother Canada with me – she’d be in heaven in that house! It’s just nice to have something to cuddle – it’s comforting.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
I mostly fear brain competitions especially anything to do with math. My math skills are definitely not up to snuff. I’ve been practicing my times tables and converting minutes to seconds to get ready for competitions where that is a part of it, but it’s a work in progress.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
Oh my god! I haven’t even really thought past getting on the show. But if I won I would buy a piece of land in Thunder Bay, or the outskirts: my dream property. I’d rescue a couple more kittens to spoil and then save the rest of the money for down the road.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
I love Gary (BBCAN Season 1)! Gary Glitter. I just love him – he’s so funny and so sassy. I could totally see us being best friends inside the house and outside the house. He was entertaining but at the same time, he played hard, he played smart, and he was all around such a good player. I always root for the underdogs – I’m more attracted to their personalities.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
I just like how everyone is so nice. I like how there’s so many different types of people. I just love Canada – I’d never want to leave. No desire to – I love it here!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:23:20 PM by Reilly Queens »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN4 - Paige Distranski
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:14:02 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h3WS4VeecuI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h3WS4VeecuI</a>

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:38:05 PM »
:torche :(
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 02:11:41 PM »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:53:59 PM »
Exclusive Big Brother Canada interview - Paige Distranski makes her predictions & more

Following on from her eviction from the Big Brother Canada house, Paige Distranski speaks to Female First in a new and exclusive interview all about who she wants out next from the house, who she thinks will make final three and much more.

How do you feel now that you've had time to reflect on your time in the house?
It was the best experience ever. It was something I'll never forget, a dream come true, and no matter what I'm so thankful for it.

Why do you think you were the first houseguest evicted?
I think I was the first houseguest evicted because, just that first night I had a lot of trouble connecting with people and I didn't feel comfortable with anybody really. I couldn't force the relationships unfortunately and I think that's why I got evicted.

How differently would you play the game if you were to return to the house?
So if I was to return to the house, I would definitely focus on going into my comfort zone and aligning with people who are swing votes like Mitch and Raul, really bonding with them and getting a couple more people in my corner.

What do you make of the twists and turns already happening this season?
I think the twists and turns are phenomenal. I think they're the craziest ones yet. Those two new houseguests are unreal and I cannot wait to watch it, and I think the brothers was a pretty good twist, too.

Make an early prediction - who's going to make final three?
Final three's definitely going to be Sharry, Dallas and Mitch. Sharry's a good player and she has everything going for her; Dallas is a really goofy guy, no-one's suspecting him, everybody wants him around though; and Mitch is just flying under the radar but, I think he's got a lot going on in his head and he's definitely a good player.

Which houseguest would you like to see evicted next and why?
I would like Christine out next just because our personality's really really clashed and I feel like she never gave me a chance. As much as I tried to get to know her she always had walls up. I also wouldn't mind seeing Phil out of the house, Phil and Nick. Phil is just... a different kind of a person.

What are your highlights from your days in the house?
I loved, me and Dallas had a pranking war going on, it was so fun. Definitely pranking with Dallas... Before bed every night, the room I was in, we had a ritual, we would count to three and clap twice... Just little things like that were super fun.

Who could you see yourself aligning with if you were still in the house?
Definitely Ramsey. Me and Ramsey already had a little alliance and he would be the one person who I would wanna go all the way with and I always felt really confident in what we had.

Do you think the international houseguests will be in the house for the long-run or become immediate targets?
It's hard to say because I don't know them and I don't know their style of play, but, I think they're gonna be huge targets right off the bat. Everyone's gonna want them out, I feel like everyone's who's in there's already so close, they're gonna be like outsiders, and people just aren't gonna feel good about it.

Would you consider aligning with the international houseguests if you were still in the game?
Again I don't know them and I don't know what they're like, and I've found out it's hard for me to fake wanting to be around someone. If they were people I felt good about, then definitely I would align with them.

Would you go back into the house given the opportunity?
Yeah, 100% I would go back into the house. It was so cool and obviously I mean, I would want to be in the Big Brother Canada house again.

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/big-brother-canada-exclusive-interview-paige-distranski-926165.html#ixzz42YTvfd4T

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »
‘I think it was a mistake’: Big Brother Canada’s first evictee of the season sends the house guests a reality check

It’s never a good look to be the first house guest to pack their bags, but when it came down to Thunder Bay’s Paige Distranski and Calgary’s Kelsey Faith, it wasn’t a tough vote for the house.

But let’s rewind: with only a few days spent getting to know each other in the Big Brother house, you have to work your social game the moment you walk through those hallowed doors.

So when Loveita Adams picked up her Head Of Household status and let Distranski know she was going to be sitting on the hot seat alongside Faith, who had quickly wrapped nearly every man in the house around her finger, Distranski found herself on the way out with a 7-4 vote.

Distranski spoke with the National Post’s Sadaf Ahsan to share a little bit of insight as to what went wrong in the first week of evictions, and reveal some of the early, behind the scenes game play we can look forward to this season.

Q: As a fan, you know social game is important, especially the second you walk into that house. What went wrong?

A: The first moment I walked in, I was so overwhelmed. There were so many people, all of them strangers, and I wasn’t getting along with any of them just yet, so it was hard to fake that. I felt more reserved, and I think because of that, I seemed standoffish.

Q: Did you get the sense in the house that you were heading out before eviction?

A: When Loveita told me I was going to be a pawn, I had my worries. But I thought I had the votes to stay in the house, so I felt pretty confident for the last two days, until I started to have a bad feeling and my suspicions. I campaigned in my own way, but it wasn’t my style to rally for houseguests’ votes. I couldn’t do it, so I focused on trying to get to know them as friends.

Q: When Kelsey clearly seems to be an early threat to everyone else’s game, already being part of a showmance and proving to be a tough competitor, why do you think the votes fell the other way?

A: I think it was a mistake on their part, I think she has Jared wrapped around her baby finger and they’ll always be together. They’re a strong alliance already, they worked hard. The two of them were campaigning for her and I only had myself.

Q: Do you think these early hints of showmances are coming from somewhere genuine or are they game moves?

A: They are 100 per cent just game moves. I think Kelsey is just leading him on, and whatever she needs to do, she should do it. I think Jared would like something real, but she’ll keep him until she doesn’t need him anymore. They are never going to go anywhere.

Maddy and Nick also have a little showmance going, they’re very flirty, that will definitely go somewhere. Christine and Ramsey, if it’s up to him, they will also be a little showmance. There may be something budding there.

Q: Did you get any whiff of early alliances?

A: Definitely Loveita and Sharry, they’re pretty close and will stay that way. Other than Jared and Kelsey, there’s Dallas and Jared.

Q: Loveita definitely seems to have a tight hold on the game so far. Does she appear to be a threat inside the house?

A: I don’t think she’s a major threat, I think she won HOH and that was good, but she’s too emotional. She was already breaking down this week and having a very hard time. She stayed in the HOH room, and it was hard for her to get out of bed and make connections.

Q: Why do you think Loveita chose you as a pawn out of everyone else?

A: I think it was just because I didn’t talk to her the first night. After she won HOH, I didn’t make the effort to talk to her, and it was only the first night, but things move fast.

Q: Who do you think might face eviction next week?

A: Christine isn’t sitting well with other people so far. She’s a big personality, she’s rubbing people the wrong way and she’s not aligning or talking game. Loveita may go out, because she’s being emotional. And since she was HOH, she didn’t think she needed to make alliances, so that will be harder going into this week.

Q: It’s early in the game but who do you think is already looking like a strong competitor and someone who could make it far this season?

A: Sharry. She has such a good head on her shoulders, she’s also strong, good in competitions and good with words. Dallas as well, because he’s so goofy and everyone seems to love him. I think he’s flying under the radar right now.

Now, Distranski may be out of the house, but Thursday wasn’t just the first eviction night for Big Brother Canada, it’s also when host Arisa Cox revealed “one of the biggest twists in Big Brother history,” bringing Nikki Grahame from the U.K. series and Australia’s Tim Dormer into the house to join the original house guests.

As fans of the series know, when Big Brother gets new visitors, it never goes down well. Catch the drama unfold next week and check back here next week for a chat with the next evictee.

Source:http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/television/i-think-it-was-a-mistake-big-brother-canadas-first-evictee-of-the-season-sends-the-house-guests-a-reality-check

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 4’ exit interview: Paige Distranski on alliances, votes, and targets

We have to admit that going into “Big Brother Canada” season 4, we were supremely confident in Paige Distranski’s abilities to go far. She knew the game fairly well, she had an idea of how she wanted to play, and in some other circumstances, it’s probably easy still to imagine her making it to the jury.

Unfortunately this season, circumstances and some miscues on her part getting to know people stood in her way, and she was the first person evicted from the house. (Kelsey, the original target from Head of Household Loveita, ended up staying instead.) We had a chance to ask Paige a few questions in an exit interview today with other reporters; check out the answers below!

CarterMatt – Who did you think was voting to save you?

Paige Distranski – The votes that I knew I was gonna have were from Sharry, Dallas, Maddy, and Ramsey. Then there was a couple of swing votes that I was confident that I was going to have. I thought I had Mitch, and I thought I had Raul. Those two I was a little bit off [on].

Is there an alliance that you wish you had made with someone, but didn’t?

I made an alliance with Ramsey, I don’t know if people saw [it], but I was really proud of that alliance and I thought that it was going to go far. But I think if I could go back, I would have made an alliance with Mitch, because I think he was a swing vote and I think I could have had him, but obviously Jared persuaded him with something better.

If you had survived and won Head of Household, who would have been your targets?

My targets would have been Christine and Jared. I can see what a threat Jared is, especially with Kelsey who is also a strong player. I would have wanted to break them up. I also would’ve put Christine up just because our personalities were clashing, and I found her really abrasive and she wouldn’t have done anything for my game.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/197644/big-brother-canada-4-exit-interview-paige-distranski/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 08:29:30 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 4’ pre-game exclusive: Will Paige Distranski show wisdom beyond her years?

At just 19 years old, Paige Distranski is one of the younger contestants we’ve seen on “Big Brother Canada,” and with that of course are going to come a wide array of assumptions that she’s going to just be a floater or there for a showmance. However, some of those could be grossly mis-characterized. She’s actually a really big fan of the show, and she’s someone who is very outdoorsy and brings a lot of different skills to the table.

We had a chance to speak with Paige via phone earlier this week; for those who are reading this and haven’t seen any videos yet, her voice is reminiscent of Heather’s from season 2.

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.

My name is Paige Distranski, I’m 19 years old, I’m from Thunder Bay, Ontario, and I’m a vet tech.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?

Okay, well I wanted to be on the show, ‘Big Brother US’ first and then ‘Big Brother Canada’ when it came out, since I was ten years old. Finally I turned 19, and for my birthday my parents got me tickets to Winnipeg to fly down for the open casting call. I flew down, auditioned, and now here I am! It’s been crazy, and I am SO exciting. Dying.

If you could compare yourself to someone from ‘Big Brother Canada’ or ‘Big Brother US,’ who would it be?

I would compare myself to a little bit of Jordan Lloyd from ‘Big Brother US,’ and a little bit of Gary Glitter. I think Jordan was really level-headed through the game, but she was also fun to watch and she kept her cool. She never flipped out (note: We’ll forgive Paige for not remembering that fight with Russell). [As for] Gary Glitter, he was sassy and so much fun to watch.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?

I think I’m going to surprise people in physical competitions. I do think I’m going to do well in them. Sometimes I’m like ‘I’m so weak, but then I do an arm wrestle and I’m like my god, the muscle comes out!’. People are going to be surprised at how strong I can be.

Do you have a specific strategy entering the house?

My strategy is that I want to play a strong social game, I want to be friends with everyone, and get everyone a false sense of security when they are with me so that they will gossip and share info with me. I want to be winning competitions because I want to prove myself, and I also want to have a good platform for myself at the end of the game.

What makes you think that you’ll be able to make it all the way to the end and win?

I think I’m going to make it to the end because it’s been like ten years in preparation, I know what kind of person I want to align with and who I don’t want to align with, and I just think I’ll be able to play a really good social game. I’ll be able to be innocent and sweet so people won’t think I’ll be sneaky or sly. I’m just going to go unnoticed for a little while, and people won’t be threatened by me. I think I’m going to do it! I feel it, you know?

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?

My biggest weakness would definitely be my math skills. Any number skills, really. I just know that if they ask me a math question, when I’m under pressure and stressed out it’s going to be rough and I’m not going to be able to think on my feet. I’ve been converting minutes to seconds and it’s been a work in progress, but math skills are going to be my downfall.

Other than winning the money, what’s the one thing you’re hoping to get out of this experience?

Aside from winning I really want to embrace every minute of it. I don’t want to look back and think that I was stressed out or worried that I was going home. I just want to live in the moment and embrace it because it’s crazy.

In closing, what do you want to say to Canada? Why should they be excited to see you this season?

I love Canada, I love everyone IN Canada, I really hope they love me. I’m going to try really hard to make it a fun season to watch and I really want to make everyone proud.

Overall impression – Paige is nice, likable, and we do think there’s more to her than the average 19-year old. We’re not sure she is cutthroat enough to win, but we do get the sense that she will try very hard in the house and will catch a few people off guard. You can feel her excitement from talking with her, and it’s the sort of thing you really only get when speaking to a true diehard fan.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/196500/big-brother-canada-4-pre-game-exclusive-will-paige-distranski-show-wisdom-beyond-her-years/