Author Topic: S32: Scott Pollard (Brawn)  (Read 5474 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
S32: Scott Pollard (Brawn)
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:46:50 PM »
Scott Pollard

Name (Age): Scot Pollard (40)

Tribe Designation: Brawn

Current Residence: Carmel, Ind.

Occupation: Former NBA champion. Played for the Detroit Pistons, Sacramento Kings, Indiana Pacers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics.

Personal Claim to Fame: Winning an NBA Championship ring and playing in the NBA for 11 years.

Inspiration in Life: My father. He gave me the genetics and the guidance until he died. Roy Williams, my college coach, because he helped me with my work ethic.

Hobbies: Spending time with family, traveling and riding my motorcycle.

Pet Peeves: People who are late and not loyal.

3 Words to Describe You: Driven, fun and loud!

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? A phone, so I can talk to my wife and kids; a photo of my family so I have a reminder of why I’m in the competition; and my NBA championship ring, to remind me of what I have accomplished.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: The professional athletes because that was my profession.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: My primary reason is for the money, but also the competition itself.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m a great teammate and know how to make others better. And, I’m a winner!

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Because I’m a great teammate, but ultimately I can outsmart my opponents.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: S32: Scott Pollard (Brawn)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:14:38 AM »
Survivor: Kaoh Rong - Meet Scot Pollard

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QZ4kT0vrzJE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QZ4kT0vrzJE</a>

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:54 AM »
A definite recruit who I don't expect to contribute anything to the game of strategy.
He doesn't look like the brightest bulb on the porch :lol: And I think might be a pre-merge boot victim to a swap.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 06:17:36 PM »
Following Episode 1: Scot handled his former NBA celebrity the best possible way -- he put it out there and then showed a willingness to work with everyone. He appears to be rather humble and well-liked among his remaining tribemates, so that should allow him to escape scrutiny at least for the time being. The main concern for his long-term prospects will be how the castaways in the other tribes perceive his past celebrity.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »
Following Episode 2: Scot showed a lot of wisdom and patience in how he handled Jennifer's inexplicable confession that she was second-guessing her alliance with him and Jason. He told her what the television audience could see plainly, that he was only listening to her words, not Alecia's at all, in judging how she had suddenly become untrustworthy. Yet he still cast a vote for Alecia, demonstrating his loyalty. Scot's fair handling of this was a sign that, unlike all of his tribemates other than Cydney, he is not allowing the rough conditions to play mind games. He probably deserves a better fate than to be on this season's dysfunctional tribe.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 01:21:18 PM »
He's actually more likeable that I thought he would be. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmsGG8HGBE
^ I found this confessional really touching and it definitely shows a different side of Scott.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 05:03:16 PM »
Following Episode 3: Scot's explanation to Alecia at the start of the episode was puzzling, since there was no benefit to making it. Alecia was actually correct in asserting that, if he knew Jenny was slated for elimination, why cast a vote for anyone other than her, since it would only cause harm at camp. Scot's will need to create new alliances whenever there is a tribal shakeup.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »
Disgusting. Even worse than Jason.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 07:19:16 AM »
Horrible, worst Survivor ever
Disgusting. Even worse than Jason.

The thread of truth. I love this ranting.

Not only he is narcissist, but his NBA-I-Am-The-Best Attitude will hopefully be his downfall. If you think twice, The NBA player in Cagayan was voted out JUST because he was an NBA player. Now, hopefully, people have even more reasons to not trust him and send him home. He is a complete waste of space in the cast; he should have been switched by another guy who was, at least, tolerable.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 08:25:18 AM »
I find it funny that he keeps on bragging about being an NBA Champion, when he didn't even play in any games leading to their win. What an annoying and arrogant narcissist. :res:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 12:25:00 PM »
He was famous because of his hairstyles, not because he was a good player. He just found himself to be there, and ended up having a NBA Ch'ship. OK!

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »
This guy is a rel jerk and I can't wait until he's not on my tv every week.  He could very well be the next medical cut considering he's at risk of injury from patting himself on the back so much.  Oooh, he played basketball whoop dee doo.  I have no idea who he is and don't care enough to look him up, but I'd be willing to bet he wasn't well liked on the team if this is how he really is.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 05:07:58 PM »
Following Episode 4: Some might criticize Scot for being tough on Alecia. Yet it was apparent by the end of the episode that Alecia had a real problem with running her mouth and antagonizing people in a way that showed no concern for the welfare of others. His words to her seemed to show genuine concern for her in life. If Scot had voted for her instead of Darnell at the first tribal council, his tribe's fate might have been entirely different. Certainly life at camp would have been more harmonious. Scot seems to be rather level-headed and desirous of fair treatment. It will be interesting to see if his new tribemates see this in him and are willing to work with him.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 05:13:59 PM »
Following Episode 4: Some might criticize Scot for being tough on Alecia. Yet it was apparent by the end of the episode that Alecia had a real problem with running her mouth and antagonizing people in a way that showed no concern for the welfare of others. His words to her seemed to show genuine concern for her in life. If Scot had voted for her instead of Darnell at the first tribal council, his tribe's fate might have been entirely different. Certainly life at camp would have been more harmonious. Scot seems to be rather level-headed and desirous of fair treatment. It will be interesting to see if his new tribemates see this in him and are willing to work with him.

NO, NO, AND NO???

How did Alecia not show concern for the welfare of others when these very people are the people bullying her?

How the f*** was Scot's words genuine concern for her in life???

NO, NO, JUST SO MUCH NO IN THIS WRITEUP. :res:

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 05:57:16 PM »
Scot Pollard (new Gondol, formerly in "Brawn")
Following Episode 5: Scot lost his closest two allies in Jason and Cydney but gained one in Tai. He was fortunate to be in the proverbial "swing vote" position, but envy over his past celebrity and presumed wealth is bound to catch up with him at some point. He appears to have a very measured approach and ability to patiently listen and contain his emotions, which suggests that Alecia must have really pushed his buttons at their former camp. Hopefully he will continue to work with Tai and expose the cracks within the three former "Brains" tribemates, which should level the playing field and create more intriguing possibilities at the merge. His comment about eliminating Anna so that he would be the only person who knows about Tai's idol and the only remaining castaway who knows more than one owner of a hidden idol sounded like something "The Godfather" would say if he were a Survivor contestant. ...How much did the reconfiguration hurt or help Scot's chances (scale of 1 to 10, 1 hurt very much, 10 helped very much)? 5.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »
NO, NO, AND NO???

How did Alecia not show concern for the welfare of others when these very people are the people bullying her?

How the f*** was Scot's words genuine concern for her in life???

NO, NO, JUST SO MUCH NO IN THIS WRITEUP. :res:

Consider how Scot has spoken to and treated everyone else around him in comparison to how he spoke to and treated Alecia. Consider how other castaways have done likewise. Certainly Scot could have shown more composure while dealing with her, but this had as much if not more to do with how Alecia was an abrasive personality who pushed people's buttons and was unaware of it or unapologetic about it. There were probably numerous unseen moments when he and Jason tried to talk calmly to her, and she continued to ramble and make a case for herself without trying to be pleasant about it. Yet the director and editors of the show are looking for conflict and scenes involving people combusting. That's probably why they cast her in the first place. No one on that tribe came to her defense at any point. That is telling.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 05:36:45 PM »
Following Episode 6: Scot's treatment of Alecia earned him a lot of negative reviews of his personality, but I am impressed to see him continue to communicate to the rest of his tribemates and to Jeff Probst in a measured, reflective tone. He appears is deeply engaged in the social chess game that is Survivor. Information is power. His knowledge of the holders of two hidden immunity idols as well as rifts within the former Brains tribe will give him an edge in misdirecting the next competitor that is in his sights. None of the remaining competitors with whom he has yet to share living space -- Debbie, Neal, Michele, and Nick -- seem to have the personality that would set him off -- maybe Debbie. Scot will have to curtail any future outbursts now that jury impressions will be made. He has a great working relationship with Tai.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »
Following Episode 7 (the merge): Perhaps no castaway was as foolhardy as Scot this episode. First he gives away his knowledge of Tai's idol to Jason and later to Nick. Almost as quickly as Jason tells him about Neal's idol, he gives that knowledge to Nick as well. He stripped away all the power he had amassed and simultaneously gave Nick a tremendous argument for why Scot does not deserve the title of Sole Survivor -- his overconfidence and misuse of power -- which is a much more persuasive argument and relevant to the game than the fact that he made millions of dollars as a professional basketball player. Scot's stock took a nosedive in a similar manner as Debbie's. He will also be guilty by association with Jason, who seems to be the least liked among the remaining contestants. The only chance Scot still has to win Sole Survivor is to somehow engineer a blindside vote against Jason, which would recast him as the hero of the tribe and the best player, yet that seems highly unlikely given his and Jason's personal bond.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 05:18:07 PM »
Following Episode 8: Scot's fate seems to be tied to Jason's, and neither seems favorable at this point. Scot's only chance to capture the title of Sole Survivor is to cut ties with Jason and be the lynchpin in a move to shake up the game away from Jason's arrogance or hidden immunity idol. It appears unlikely that will happen, given their defiant attitude against anyone who would question either of their motives. Like Jason, Scot had heartwarming moments while discussing the importance of his family and his motivation for competing for the top prize.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »
Scot Pollard (8th place, 4th jury member)
Following Episode 12: Scot's elimination in Episode 10 was the height of hubris this season. He actually believed so much in the power of the "super idol" and the excitement in playing it that he failed to consider how playing the hidden immunity idol in his pocket in the traditional way (before the votes were read) would have had the desired effect. This is coupled with the fact that he should have considered the very real possibility that no one would sacrifice their own idol (i.e. power in the game) to protect someone else unless that person was a guaranteed part of a final two plan. Scot should have recognized how Tai must have known that he would be the odd man out in their minority alliance with Jason and that he suspected they would turn against him before a final three (considering his popularity among potential jurors). In most instances, Scot appeared measured and reasoned and likely to make a fair decision on who should be awarded Sole Survivor. One would hope that any spite still held against Tai would be mitigated by the overall evolution of the game. He appears most willing to consider the arguments of the castaways before casting his vote, which means Aubry should win it if she is in contention. If not, Tai might be his next favorite over Cydney, Michele, and Joe, who he does not respect.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 11:00:25 AM »
Following Finale: Scot's criticism of Tai's misuse of power was highly hypocritical. Scot had fallen in love with the notion of using the "super idol" and failed to use the idol handed to him in a traditional way, which would have had the same desired effect at the tribal council in which he was eliminated. It was surprising to see Scot praise Michele so much, since he appeared very respectful of players who strategized. Yet his initial distaste for the original Brains tribe members probably governed his decision. Scot could have come into the final tribal council with a little more open-mindedness than he apparently did (like his closest ally Jason).