Author Topic: S32: Neal Gottlieb (Brains)  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
S32: Neal Gottlieb (Brains)
« on: January 20, 2016, 10:35:13 AM »
Neal Gottlieb

Name (Age): Neal Gottlieb (38)

Tribe Designation: Brains

Current Residence: Sausalito, Calif.

Personal Claim to Fame: I started Three Twins Ice Cream with my life’s savings of $70,000 in 2005 at age 28 after returning from the Peace Corps. I couldn't afford employees, so I did everything myself at first. I opened another shop, then another and then built a factory in 2010 to start selling pints to grocery stores, and have since opened a second factory. We're now sold in grocery stores in all 50 states, have a team of around 100 and sales this year that will be about 100 times sales from the first year, despite almost going broke during the economic downturn and unrelenting competition. I am proud of the growth, taking on the challenges, being creative, treating employees well, giving a great deal back and inspiring others through my version of the American dream.

Inspiration in Life: I am not much for heroes, but the person who has come closest to obtaining hero status is my Uncle Larry. I admire him for the deep and devoted love that he had for my aunt. Despite being a tough guy, he has never been afraid to cry or share his feelings. I admire him for his larger-than-life deeds, like finding 55 pounds of cocaine off the coast of Florida (he’s a former cop and turned it in). I admired him because of his Popeye-like muscle on his forearm, which I later found out is actually a tumor, but I didn’t know that as a kid. But more than anything, I have always admired him for being himself.

Hobbies: Traveling, indoor rock climbing and one-upmanship.

Pet Peeves: I am not really one to complain and therefore don’t have too many pet peeves but I do have very little patience for whiny people and hypocritical bible thumpers.

3 Words to Describe You: Incorrigible, witty and kind.

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? I would take a big comfortable bed with high thread count sheets, a down comforter and lush pillows to facilitate good nights’ sleep and an assortment of fake immunity idols and fake printed clues on convincing paper to fool my fellow contestants into thinking that they have immunity. Lastly, a spy kit so that I can bug camp and listen in on the plotting and scheming of my campmates to give me valuable information.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I relate to Erik Reichenbach as my brother in ice cream. I can relate to Rob Mariano because he not only won but he seemed to have more fun than anyone else while doing so. I can relate to Tyson for his priceless, witty commentary on the other players. I relate to Parvarti because I think that I’ll also charm my fellow competitors while I’m busy destroying them. I kind of hate myself for saying this, but I relate to Russell Hantz for his lack of fear and filter.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: My primary reason is to win, as is my secondary reason. Winning the money will be amazing but I am more interested in the metaphorical crown, bragging rights and satisfaction that comes with winning than the cash. It is also to have the privilege to compete in what I consider one of the greatest competitions of all. I have watched the show for years and yearn for the chance to be a castaway in a remote locale and compete for 39 days.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I will be the provider for the group and the court jester. I will be a calming force and the one that psyches up the tribe to go into battle. I am a strong swimmer and will be a valuable hunter, fisher and gatherer for the group. I have a tireless work ethic and will contribute more than my fair share towards building a strong shelter, cooking and getting water. I am most often happy, quite witty, never complain and am generally entertaining, which will help to keep the peace during tough and stressful times. I am physically and mentally strong, I was a competitive athlete for years, I am a fast runner and sharp, so I will be strong in challenges.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have been a SURVIVOR fan for years and therefore understand the game, am mentally tough, a physical force, likable and absolutely determined to win. I will excel at both the social and physical game. Much of my life has prepared me to be a great contestant. Being a fan has shown me some brilliant moves and perhaps more importantly, stupid ones to avoid. More than anything, I believe that I will be the sole Survivor because I want to and I usually get what I want, no matter how hard I have to work for it.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
Re: S32: Neal Gottlieb (Brains)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 09:28:38 AM »
CORNELL ALUM <3 Hoping he goes deep.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:13:24 AM »
Survivor: Kaoh Rong - Meet Neal Gottlieb

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0jya0UoVZqA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0jya0UoVZqA</a>

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 06:18:53 PM »
Following Episode 1: Neal appears to be in a safe position within a four-person alliance (with Peter, Aubry, and Liz). He tolerated Debbie's tedious fire-building instructions and appears to not have caused any strain within his tribe. He should be a favorite to go far, as his savvy has more to do with business relationships than academic achievement, which should make him more likeable to castaways in the other tribes.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 02:36:51 PM »
Going to be gross

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 02:52:44 PM »
Following Episode 2: Neal could be a peacemaker in a tribe that seems destined to crumble under personality clashes, but his own misuse of the kerosene causes a rift between him and Joe and Debbie. He needs to let the bigger personalities of his tribe dominate for a while.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 05:00:50 PM »
Following Episode 3: Neal appears to be an observer like Debbie. He picked up on the same social cues that caused him to build consensus with Aubry to align with Debbie and Joe instead of Liz and Peter. However, he was identified as perhaps the greatest potential threat to win the game, presumably because he flies under the radar and does not seem threatening. So he will have to stay strong in an alliance throughout the remainder of the game to stand any chance.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 05:10:29 PM »
Following Episode 4: Neal remains one of the tougher castaways to read. He was tight-lipped in his tribal council and does not get much camera time. He seems to have a more down-to-earth disposition than most if not all of his tribemates, but his quiet temperament might draw suspicion from members of other tribes who join him on a newly configured tribe. His best strategy might be to continue to lay low and not make waves, but at some point, he will need to make a move.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 06:08:46 PM »
Neal Gottlieb (new Chan Loh, formerly in "Brains")
Following Episode 5: As described under Debbie, Neal is in a more refreshing group of people than what faced him on his former "Brains" tribe. Perhaps now the audience will get to see his gameplay in action. While he does not have Aubry with him, he has a great working relationship with Debbie, which was on full display during the final stage of the immunity challenge, which they dominated. At some point, he will have to make his mark on the game independent of Debbie. For now, life's peachy at the new Chan Loh camp. ...How much did the reconfiguration hurt or help Neal's chances (scale of 1 to 10, 1 hurt very much, 10 helped very much)? 8.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 05:42:19 PM »
Following Episode 6: Neal did not have much face time this episode since his tribe secured immunity. He was quick to praise Nick and criticize Michele for their respective performances in the reward challenge, perhaps revealing his preference as to which former Beauty tribe member he would have set his sights on if they had to go to tribal council. Neal might find himself at odds with Debbie along gender lines while strategizing for upcoming tribal council votes.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 12:34:00 PM »
Following Episode 7 (the merge): While it appeared that Neal was one of the primary targets of a newly formed majority alliance made up of Brawn and Beauties, it is a shame that he leaves the competition not by his own accord. Like Caleb, perhaps Neal will receive a second chance to play the game. In an episode filled will highly questionable decisions by castaways to reveal powerful information and show unnecessary aggression in formulating alliances, Neal's one oversight was not passing his hidden immunity idol along to Aubry -- excusable considering his understandably overwhelming emotional response upon learning that he would have to leave the game. Like Caleb and Darnell, Neal's personal story did not have much of an opportunity to be revealed to the audience, so we will have to wait until the reunion show.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 08:21:20 PM »
I liked him. He seems grateful for the experience. Hope he can play again

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 06:53:05 AM »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 08:15:25 AM »
Hope he can play again
X

Same! I think he and Caleb both have untapped potential due to these medical plucks. Way more than many past med removals of non-strategic folk.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 08:27:54 AM »
Hope he can play again
X

Same! I think he and Caleb both have untapped potential due to these medical plucks. Way more than many past med removals of non-strategic folk.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 10:12:53 AM »
Neal Gottlieb (11th place, 1st jury member)
Following Episode 12: Like in most seasons, the first jury member is the greatest wild card when it comes to which way his/her vote will go for Sole Survivor, since they have been out of play the longest. Neal would absolutely support Aubry. If she does not make it, then it is anyone's guess.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 10:58:14 AM »
Following Finale: Neal's comments to Michele upon his exit were heartless, rude, and revealed lack of character. Obviously, he was sour upon losing his voice and vote in the jury, but he could have displayed more class and recognize how her vote was a sign of respect toward him.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 02:24:19 PM »
Did he morph in ZEKE for next season? I need to replenish my running.gif supply