Author Topic: TAR Unpopular Opinions  (Read 89158 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »
Why?
This coming from someone who has never seen any TAR Canada, but has been planning to.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2019, 10:10:32 PM »
Try watching the Vietnamese version and then say that.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #302 on: June 15, 2019, 08:16:44 PM »
Justin claimed his season wasnt a weak season, i dont know about that, team Texas was pretty strong so did team Reporters & Paparazi, though they a bit of mess, but its true no other super strong teams beside green team
Swarm stupidity

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2019, 07:17:27 AM »
Try watching the Vietnamese version and then say that.
?
If this was directed at me, then I'm confused lol

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2019, 07:19:33 AM »
TAR Vietnam travels inside it, right?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2019, 11:41:12 AM »
TAR Vietnam travels inside it, right?
Yes, Mostly around the country. But every season since season 2, they've one a Leg or two outside of Vietnam (South Korea, Singapore, Australia and first ever TAR visit to Laos)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2019, 05:27:54 PM »
It was directed at NELs/gamerfan.

Regardless of how one views TAR Canada, I think it's impossible to call it the worst when TAR Vietnam exists.

While TAR Vietnam does have some good aspects here and there, the objective problems it suffers from far outweigh them. Non-existent budget, celebrity stunt casting, forced drama, bad editing, bad sound design, bad course design, technical problems, unfair challenges, boring-to-watch challenges, AWFUL/repetitive incidental music, and controversies about the third season being rigged.

They try their best (really, they do), but it's not a good time at all.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: June 18, 2019, 06:37:36 PM »
Personally, I find that too much hate has been thrown towards TAR Canada. While the past couple of seasons have not reached the highs of the early seasons, every season have been enjoyable to watch, with the exception of season 3. So, it is far from the worst franchise for me even if I don't agree with all of their recent decisions.

I thought that the two most recent seasons of TAR Vietnam were fine, but the first three were really bad. I'm also with you G.B. on that awful music they keep playing whenever a team completes a task.

For me, the worst franchise is TAR Brazil. The challenges ranged from boring to easy to cheap. Whenever a hard challenge did come up, teams would just quit with every team deciding to quit the famous meat Roadblock. There also were way too many go from point A to point B tasks. The worst thing a show can do is make me bored, and this is one of the few series that never intrigued me while watching it.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2019, 06:48:28 PM »
There's an argument to be made that relatively speaking, a TAR Vietnam or Philippines will have a considerably lower budget and will have to make do with far less resources. The franchise and rights fee alone is huge. So for the resources they have, both series have done alright.

Now TAR Canada can't really make that excuse, especially when it's been the #1 show in the country.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2019, 07:33:19 PM »
Personally, I find that too much hate has been thrown towards TAR Canada. While the past couple of seasons have not reached the highs of the early seasons, every season have been enjoyable to watch, with the exception of season 3. So, it is far from the worst franchise for me even if I don't agree with all of their recent decisions.

I thought that the two most recent seasons of TAR Vietnam were fine, but the first three were really bad. I'm also with you G.B. on that awful music they keep playing whenever a team completes a task.

For me, the worst franchise is TAR Brazil. The challenges ranged from boring to easy to cheap. Whenever a hard challenge did come up, teams would just quit with every team deciding to quit the famous meat Roadblock. There also were way too many go from point A to point B tasks. The worst thing a show can do is make me bored, and this is one of the few series that never intrigued me while watching it.

What? Don't you like twinkly piano music?  :d025:

I always find it hilarious that everybody says Season 3 was the worst of TAR Canada. I love season 3. It's my favourite by far, and much much better than the lackluster Season 4 that followed. (Hey, look what thread we're in, lol)

I think (not 100% sure) there was a time limit on the TAR Brazil meat-eating task. They had to eat all of the meat before a certain time passed, or they would just receive the penalty.

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #310 on: December 27, 2020, 10:43:01 PM »
Season 6 is my favourite season.

This is due to it's route, task design, high suspense, cast, bunching teams together and not letting one slip away, and the bickering of most couples was actually funny at times when compared with other seasons.

I did not like Kendra (self entitled) and Jonathan could be pretty annoying at times.
Wadsy

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: December 27, 2020, 11:05:02 PM »
Alliances are overrated on the Amazing Race.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2020, 11:31:18 AM »
I like Justin & Diana and was rooting for them on S27. I hope they come back for All-Stars! I know this is unpopular  :funny:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: January 02, 2021, 04:45:19 PM »
This one might not be so unpopular but Kynt/Vyxsin to me are the most entertaining team that has even been on the race.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #314 on: January 26, 2021, 04:16:49 PM »
I like Justin & Diana and was rooting for them on S27. I hope they come back for All-Stars! I know this is unpopular  :funny:

Same here.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2021, 04:36:57 AM »
This one might not be so unpopular but Kynt/Vyxsin to me are the most entertaining team that has even been on the race.
They have the most dysfunctional breakdown in two of their races  :funny: Their Lijiang leg is probably the worst performance of any team in the history of TAR, other than Dana & Adrian. :groan:

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2021, 03:40:04 AM »
I dislike KOR legs being counted as two separate legs.

I preferred the format before TAR18 where a TBC leg and it's second half were counted as one leg, rather than a non-elimination leg without a penalty. That's another thing I dislike - no Speed Bump for the team who finishes last on one of these legs. To this day I still don't get why they ever though this twist was good, because it isn't.

TAR 32 actually did it right.... until I find out there was no third NEL. Had there still been one, this season would have marked the first time since TAR 10 to do it the way I preferred.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:47:43 AM by Wadsy »
Wadsy

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2021, 11:53:08 AM »

I preferred the format before TAR18 where a TBC leg and it's second half were counted as one leg, rather than a non-elimination leg without a penalty. That's another thing I dislike - no Speed Bump for the team who finishes last on one of these legs. To this day I still don't get why they ever though this twist was good, because it isn't.

TAR 32 actually did it right.... until I find out there was no third NEL. Had there still been one, this season would have marked the first time since TAR 10 to do it the way I preferred.
I still cannot tell the difference between twists repackaged as something new too. A double-length leg versus Keep-On-Racing, and the "no-rest legs", they're all the same to me. Don't know why the naming comes off as so complicated. The Mega Leg naming makes sense because there's no Pit Stop at the midpoint, but the other two I'm lost on.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2021, 05:57:14 PM »
It would even be fair to say TAR 6 and 10's double-length-leg was also a super leg. Well, it also depends because on TAR 32 there was literally no rest period in the middle, whereas the other two seasons kind of did.
Wadsy

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2021, 07:31:45 PM »
It would even be fair to say TAR 6 and 10's double-length-leg was also a super leg. Well, it also depends because on TAR 32 there was literally no rest period in the middle, whereas the other two seasons kind of did.
So what is your opinion towards the TAR14 one? That one also doesn’t have a rest period between the two half portions.

Personally, I think double-length / KOR / Megaleg should all be counted the same for placement standardisation purpose. Though where the leg Midpoint should be counted as for TAR 6 / TAR 8 Canada and TAR 32 is arguable.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 09:22:55 AM by cbacbacba1 »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2021, 08:12:31 PM »
About the Australian version: i think Dolor is the fun of the show.
Might be just me, but i'm cheering for him & Holly.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2021, 09:45:04 PM »
So what is your opinion towards the TAR14 one? That one also doesn’t have a rest period between the two half portions.

Personally, I think double-length / KOR / Megaleg should all me counted the same for placement standardisation purpose. Thought where the leg Midpoint should be counted as for TAR 6 / TAR 8 Canada and TAR 32 is arguable.

TAR 14 was still technically old school TAR even though there was a virtual Pit Stop. This is because leg 10 of that season is double the length, rather than it being two separate legs which is where I have the issue. The virtual Pit Stop in Season 14 in this case is the mid point of a double-length-leg.

The only reason I bring up TAR 6 and 10 is because teams never met Phil in the middle, although with TAR 10 it is clear where the mid point is thanks to the clue they receive.
Wadsy

Offline ambystoma

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2021, 12:08:01 PM »
1. Season 13 was great despite the predictable outcome. Tina <3. All the trainnwrecky teams make it somewhat far even though the normies won.
2. Season 6 wasn't that bad: Lori and Bolo actually seemed like nice people and the outcomes weren't very predictable. Adam & Rebecca made me cringe but the vile winners just made the season that much more iconic.
3. Dave and Connor suck suck suck.
4. Rooted for Lenny and Karyn on S1.
5. S10 would have been legendary if only 1 of the sixpacks won..../sigh
6. all the returnee seasons suck. all of them.
7. I am so over Rachel-type couple dramas...seem somewhat staged.....when the series starting getting all these BB teams, I was sad...
8. Chris from Chris and Logan was such a DILF for me... only reason to rewatch 27.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »

I still cannot tell the difference between twists repackaged as something new too. A double-length leg versus Keep-On-Racing, and the "no-rest legs", they're all the same to me. Don't know why the naming comes off as so complicated. The Mega Leg naming makes sense because there's no Pit Stop at the midpoint, but the other two I'm lost on.
I called it a "no-rest leg" because wikipedia calls KOR's that, and it makes sense to me because you are starting a new leg with no rest period, so it makes sense to me. I called it a "double-length leg" because wikipedia calls it that, and also because it is one leg that is double the amount/length of a normal leg (4 tasks instead of 2). I hope this makes more sense!

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #324 on: March 01, 2021, 03:29:04 AM »
At the end of the day it doesn't matter to me but TAR 32 is the only season to do the double-length-leg structure right since TAR 18. Everything before that for me was absolutely fine since it was all in one leg, so no criticisms for there being no NEL penalty.
If, however we had of gotten a non-elimination at the end of a double-length-leg (pre TAR 18 format) I would have been fine with it, assuming there was a penalty and a rest period of course.
I recall the first time watching TAR 7 and being shocked that leg 8 was an elimination and Lynn & Alex had been booted. I guess this was since there were still two NEL's left and it had been ages since the first appeared.
Wadsy