Author Topic: TAR 27 EP 12 FINALE! "We Got a Chance, Baby!"  (Read 41816 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 27 EP 12 FINALE! "We Got a Chance, Baby!"
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
Kelsey and Joey only won because of a taxi - the worst finale ever.They didnt deserve to win!!!
:lol:
No, pumpkin, no

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2015, 11:29:28 AM »
7 Life Lessons We Learned Through The Amazing Race Finale

1. Cockiness is not a good look… when there’s still a whole leg to go.
Heading into The Amazing Race finale, #TheGreenTeam were oozing with confidence as they sauntered through the airport, returning to New York City for the final leg of the race.

"Get my New York swagger back!" said Justin as he waltzed around.  "We’re going to finish in first, Joey and Kelsey will finish in second, and Chris and Logan – they might not even finish."

2. Always plan ahead... when it comes to your ride.
After completing their Roadblock, Justin and Diana arrived back at the two waiting taxis and tried to get into one already claimed by #ThePaparazzi, but the driver refused to take them.

And there they stood, stranded.

"I can’t believe that freakin’ guy wouldn’t take us!," said Diana, incredulously. "This is a nightmare."

3. Standing up for yourself pays off... especially when there's a lot of cash on the line.
When they realized their cab had sped off, #ThePaparazzi spontaneously jumped into #TheReporters' taxi, but the news team immediately ran over and began shouting that the ride was theirs. Joey even yanked the car door open and ordered Chris and Logan to get out.

Begrudgingly, #ThePaparazzi complied and #TheReporters took off in the taxi.

"No way Chris and Logan are going to take our cab," Joey explained. "So they’re screwed."

4. Communication is key... when you and your partner keep bumping heads.
The bickering between Logan and Chris didn't end before the finale. If anything, it got more heated in the last leg's more stressful moments.

"You’re not nice to me, but you sure are nice to Joey and Kelsey when they need a cab," said Logan, who was furious with Chris for not admitting his mistake.

With little time to fight, Chris told Logan to ease up on the arguing because they were currently in last place.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:36:08 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2015, 11:34:37 AM »

5. Life's a beach... until you're stuck assembling adirondack chairs.
When you're head-to-head with another team in the final challenge of The Amazing Race, there's bound to be some friction.

"This is my forte," said Diana, as she quickly assembled the chairs. "I’m a builder." 

Thinking #TheGreenTeam had this challenge in the bag, Justin couldn't help himself from taunting  #TheReporters, saying, "What’s up with the grumpy face? Come on, it’s a beautiful day. Smile!"

Despite the barbs, Joey and Kelsey kept their cool.

"We know how second feels, and it’s not good," said Kelsey. "We won’t settle for second this time."

5. Anything is possible... when you keep your eye on the prize.
Even though it looked like #TheGreenTeam had this task licked, #TheReporters managed to pull ahead and soar past their biggest competitors.

Once the chairs were assembled, #TheReporters ran to Phil, who waited with the previously eliminated teams from Season 27, as the couple jumped on the mat. Phil then let them know the exciting news—that they had won The Amazing Race!

How did the pair plan to spend their winnings? First, Joey said they'd use some money to move in together and, next, he'd pay off his parents' house. So sweet!

"To leave here wanting to still be close to each other, I think it just shows how strong our relationship is, and how in love we are," said Kelsey.

6. The glass is never half-empty... when your life is filled with love.
Even though #TheGreenTeam dreamt of winning The Amazing Race for years, they came up short on scoring the title. However, despite their loss, they were still able to see the positive side of their not-so-sunny situation.

"Money can’t buy what we have," said Diana, hugging her man.

7. Coming to terms with your downfalls... is the first step toward a better future.
When #ThePaparazzi made it to the mat, Phil pointed out what everyone’s been thinking all along—that they didn’t seem like they were all that compatible.

Logan laughed, saying that maybe they needed to go to therapy, but admitted that they never thought about splitting up. However, they both agreed that their relationship wasn’t the healthiest.

"Don’t try this at home," said Logan. "Less arguing and more enjoyment time."

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2015, 11:56:43 AM »
Actually I have noticed sth with the beginning of the final leg.
If you guys have a good memory, it is not hard for you to find the start line of the final leg is in Hong Kong,the exact location with the leg 11 in TAR 17.

It means it leaves a question to me
Leg 11 in TAR 27 is ended in Macau,how come they start in Hong Kong?
It does not make sense
Even though in TAR 11,teams have to travel by turbojet ferry back to Hong Kong

This leads to a big question mark for me

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »
The show has used traveling pit stops before, and frequently with teams staying in hotels at many pit stop the release location will be different than the check-in location of the previous leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2015, 01:20:55 PM »
This was seriously one of the best finales in a long time. Excellent task ideas. It capped off a surprisingly good season.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »
Not surprising! They started the leg as they always do in Hong Kong, at the Conrad Hotel.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
:bump:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.