Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 152421 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #575 on: February 20, 2016, 07:23:46 AM »
I seem to be the only one bothered by the usernames replacing the relationship or team names, while I don't feel bothered when Phil isn't shown mentioning all final placements of the leg.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #576 on: February 20, 2016, 02:38:22 PM »
OH MY GOD I HATE THAT CRAP SO MUCH. :lala
I get that it helps the racers attract new fans, but is that the point of the show? :groan:

This reminds me of the unnecessary era (TAR19-22?) when U-Turns were digitalised - an attempt to make the show seem more modern, but it only makes everything seem cheaper.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
WHAT happened to the Speed Bump sign? Did they, like, lose it after TAR 26--have no REAL Speed Bump in TAR 27--and quickly put together a new one in TAR 28? It looks so bad...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2016, 09:04:56 AM »
Oooh screenshot please!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #580 on: February 21, 2016, 09:08:34 AM »
That was fast!! Oh you are so right....that looks awful. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #581 on: February 21, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
It looks like a speedbump sign? :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2016, 09:18:49 AM »
It looks like a speedbump sign? :lol:

The sign itself is okay. But the red spray painted words are awful, make it look cheap and amateurish. . I don't have an artistic bone in my body and I think I could have done better.

Here is my fave actual speedbump sign ever!!  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #583 on: February 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM »
Get rid of the red spray paint, attach the old speedbump logo  and it would be fine. The way it is is pretty bad.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #584 on: February 21, 2016, 09:39:56 AM »
I do seem to notice a weird thing... promos don't reflect the episode and stuff is cut out. (Many of the TAR28 preview aired during 27 with this leg wasn't shown such as Hagan crying in the car post-RB/Clevver yelling "YOURE ON THE AMAZING RACE"/"Brittany is a hot mess" etc.)

Last leg, we had an entire HoO scene cut and dumped in secret scenes. It's not even unedited footage, it had music and everything.

This time, we had an entire scene of Scott & Blair arriving at the Pit Stop and surprising everyone that it was a Non-Elimination, confessionals were even spliced in but no Twitter Handles popped out for the teams!

The Font in this also looks like my work when I tried to re-edit TAR27 :lol:

In all seriousness though... what's the reason for this? CBS cutting down the episodes or production constraints? It just feels really weird...

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #585 on: February 21, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »
"YOU'RE ON THE AMAZING RACE" probably didn't make it because they were in the middle of the pack. Editing these days doesn't really care for people in the middle unless they make some big mistake. Same goes for "Brittany is a hot mess" (well, ESPECIALLY if there's 11 teams, I guess). They barely showed anyone in the water after Brodie.

I remember when the first episode was airing and I was surprised they showed nothing about the HoO (1) because they have new fans watching, so it would be good to "introduce" that aspect of camping out! (2) they always do :lol:

This probably happens all the time--they're just now putting some of these scenes online. One scene that comes to mind is the properly-edited Dave & Rachel argument at the train station.

The Scott & Blair moment would have been nice to see--I don't really care for it though since TAR never does that anyway. But I would have liked to see that instead of Blair showing us her hairdryer. They're not gonna go that far and it's nothing crucial :lol: so what was the point of showing us that? ??? The HoO scene is the one I think that should have been left in, even if it was less than a minute.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #586 on: February 21, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »
Can everyone shut up about secret scenes! Just kidding :funny:

But seriously it's so unfair, The Amazing Race has fans across the world not just in the USA! Many countries are lucky enough to have TAR air in their country (e.g. Singapore, Philippines, Canada ECT) but here in the UK and many other countries their isn't. The only ways for us to watch your shows are to watch them on Youtube quickly before they are deleted due to copyright or other difficult ways. Now we can't even watch the SECRET SCENES! CBS accommodate for your foreign viewers please!!!

Rant Over!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #587 on: February 21, 2016, 10:26:34 AM »

But seriously it's so unfair, The Amazing Race has fans across the world not just in the USA! Many countries are lucky enough to have TAR air in their country (e.g. Singapore, Philippines, Canada ECT) but here in the UK and many other countries their isn't. The only ways for us to watch your shows are to watch them on Youtube quickly before they are deleted due to copyright or other difficult ways. Now we can't even watch the SECRET SCENES! CBS accommodate for your foreign viewers please!!!

Rant Over!

A way to watch secret scenes has been suggests many, many times.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #588 on: February 21, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »

Rant Over!

A way to watch secret scenes has been suggests many, many times.

And now i look stupid!  :funny: Only Me! :groan:How do you do it?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #589 on: February 27, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »
I'm impressed with how this season is going so far, despite the fact of having a social media theme. :hrt:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #590 on: February 27, 2016, 09:47:06 PM »
With the unaired stuff being revealed for Leg 3, I think the show lacks some more time. I wish they can lessen the commercials to show more interesting scenes. :(

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #591 on: February 27, 2016, 10:01:05 PM »
With the unaired stuff being revealed for Leg 3, I think the show lacks some more time. I wish they can lessen the commercials to show more interesting scenes. :(
I guess... but I can live without a penalty with zero effect and an unused/noneffective U-Turn. Unless you mean in general?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #592 on: February 27, 2016, 11:45:57 PM »
I guess... but I can live without a penalty with zero effect and an unused/noneffective U-Turn. Unless you mean in general?

It felt crammed even in Leg 1, so it's in general.

Offline MrDS

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #593 on: February 28, 2016, 08:07:40 AM »
Anybody else found all 3 Detours so far to be incredibly imbalanced? It seems out of the 3 detours that the Mariachi Madness, Pop-Up and Tejo seemed easily the better options of the 2 in each Detour, hopefully they get a bit more balanced going to the next few legs :/

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #594 on: February 28, 2016, 09:15:08 AM »
What's the point of Greeters if editors aren't even gonna show them speak anymore? "Welcome to ________."

I know it's been a few seasons but still

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #595 on: February 28, 2016, 10:56:41 AM »
What's the point of Greeters if editors aren't even gonna show them speak anymore? "Welcome to ________."

I know it's been a few seasons but still

There's still some point for the greeters to the teams. It's just sad how editors cut them out nowadays. :(

Recently, I could see that they lack time (speaking in general), so I'm wishing for more airtime and less commercials (or 90-minute episodes). If that's not possible… ??? … I have a great suggestion: NOT geoblocking the secret scenes. (:;)

I know there's also problem with the editing - just a little this season compared to the last - but I don't always know where the problem is with the editing. The only part I can remember and identify is the first few minutes of Leg 1; it was very messy.

That's all for now. :umn:

Offline LadyMarmalade

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #596 on: February 28, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »
International distribution rights are always convoluted and impossible to understand.  I'm sure the producers might be able to make demands that all online extras non be geoblocked but who knows who has the upper hand in those type of negotiations.  You'll just have to use an extension on your browser to get around it. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #597 on: February 28, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »

The commercials are what keep us alive. Embrace and cherish them!!  :girly
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #598 on: February 28, 2016, 07:34:56 PM »

The commercials are what keep us alive. Embrace and cherish them!!  :girly

I'm wishing for more time then (90-minute episodes). :lol: Though I doubt it's gonna happen.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #599 on: February 29, 2016, 10:25:28 AM »
That is what the extended scenes are for!! All the little nuggets that we all cherish but did not make the show. They hold a ton of info and usually add up to +/- another lovely hour of footage.
RFF's Golden Rule: