Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 152387 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #450 on: December 07, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »
PS I hope self-driving is back this season... all the hullabaloo about this cast being #SocialMediaMoguls with no car sponsorship would be odd.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #451 on: December 07, 2015, 08:35:09 AM »
I thought RFF had a spoiler policy that prevented us for spoling details of the final leg. Like photos of teams doing a specific task or at what time they are doing the task.

Obviously peach knows what she is doing but I'm a bit confused. Don't remember this happening in previous finales.

We are pretty careful here to not put teams at risk by releasing specific info about their locations before hand, so no Start or Finish line info until it happens.

In a perfect world,  whenever possible we do not generally release any Final 3 info, team ID's until after the start, or their finish order. Part of that stems from long experience that knowing the finish order KILLS speculation and suspense, which is not good for the show. And much more fun to speculate on the final 3 makeup. 

This season we did not have that luxury. Sadly a premature spoiler revealing the Final 3 was released elsewhere (production leak?), and despite their and our best efforts, we were unable to stop the tidal wave of info from spreading.

So when it came down to actual sightings yesterday, it didn't make much sense to hide the Final 3 when it was already completely known.  But we would not have shared the Finish order or any placements except right at the start when there was still a whole day to change things up.

And yes, I personally Hate bootlists and am quite sad that the Final 3 and 4 were revealed. I think it is the first time in a LONG time  that we have not been able to keep that info protected, if known. But we have also seen CBS being less careful themselves lately. In 27, they clearly spoiled one of the final 4, one of the final 3 and gave strong hints about others, all from ill-chosen press releases and video footage. (I think they need my eagle eye to avoid that!) Locations have posted on their own pages and even on FB that the race is coming to them...all of which could be prevented by clear production NDA guidelines. So :duno:

Both BVM and Phil have been quoted recently that spoilers are beig re-looked at, that the start line etc is no longer seen to be needed to be protected. I think we would ALL agree that the most important thing that needs to be protected to keep the show suspense alive is the final 3/4 and the outcome. We couldn't save the final 3 secret, but the outcome will never be shared at RFF purposefully.

But watch out CBS...LOCATIONS and tasks are fair game and boy are we ON IT!!   :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline MrDS

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #452 on: December 07, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »
I think with a season like social media stars it is hard to keep the bootlist a secret because if fans of say Tyler Oakley for example see him flying around in Greece/Switzerland for example, they know that they want to take a picture because it's like meeting your idol, so all the fans of whoever is racing pretty much give it away when it comes to bootlist spoilers

On the plus side, at least we get locations attached to it hahaha

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #453 on: December 07, 2015, 09:15:25 AM »
I actually agree with Peach that CBS has been less careful when it comes to spoilers recently.

I think it's the 1st time we have the whole F3 spoiled, because whenever F3 spoilers come in past seasons, we still see decoys. This time unfortunately, no decoy sightings? :ascared Or actually, two teams had cameramen and sound guys, and one team: Tyler Oakley and partner. :funny:

The only spoiler I would never want is the F3 finishing order. It kills the season completely, so I'm glad spoilers like this don't come out. :yess: I remember TAR25 had it, but it was released only after the episode aired, which was great if done in that way. :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #454 on: December 07, 2015, 09:19:23 AM »
I don't think we have actually seen decoys in a long time. The last I remember was NYC and San Fran. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #455 on: December 07, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
I thought RFF had a spoiler policy that prevented us for spoling details of the final leg. Like photos of teams doing a specific task or at what time they are doing the task.

Obviously peach knows what she is doing but I'm a bit confused. Don't remember this happening in previous finales.

We are pretty careful here to not put teams at risk by releasing specific info about their locations before hand, so no Start or Finish line info until it happens.

In a perfect world,  whenever possible we do not generally release any Final 3 info, team ID's until after the start, or their finish order. Part of that stems from long experience that knowing the finish order KILLS speculation and suspense, which is not good for the show. And much more fun to speculate on the final 3 makeup. 

This season we did not have that luxury. Sadly a premature spoiler revealing the Final 3 was released elsewhere (production leak?), and despite their and our best efforts, we were unable to stop the tidal wave of info from spreading.

So when it came down to actual sightings yesterday, it didn't make much sense to hide the Final 3 when it was already completely known.  But we would not have shared the Finish order or any placements except right at the start when there was still a whole day to change things up.

And yes, I personally Hate bootlists and am quite sad that the Final 3 and 4 were revealed. I think it is the first time in a LONG time  that we have not been able to keep that info protected, if known. But we have also seen CBS being less careful themselves lately. In 27, they clearly spoiled one of the final 4, one of the final 3 and gave strong hints about others, all from ill-chosen press releases and video footage. (I think they need my eagle eye to avoid that!) Locations have posted on their own pages and even on FB that the race is coming to them...all of which could be prevented by clear production NDA guidelines. So :duno:

Both BVM and Phil have been quoted recently that spoilers are beig re-looked at, that the start line etc is no longer seen to be needed to be protected. I think we would ALL agree that the most important thing that needs to be protected to keep the show suspense alive is the final 3/4 and the outcome. We couldn't save the final 3 secret, but the outcome will never be shared at RFF purposefully.

But watch out CBS...LOCATIONS and tasks are fair game and boy are we ON IT!!   :yess:

As long as we don't know who actually won, that's okay with me.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #456 on: December 08, 2015, 01:42:12 PM »
It started so good with the route, 3 new countries and the europe legs looks to be awesome  :conf:
But then Dubai ( come on now give us Qatar or Bahrein) It is now Kuwait 1 time, Oman 2 times and UAE 4 times  (:;)
And then Bali have 2 legs, i think it should have been just 1 leg, and then the other leg in Lombok or Jakarta!!!!
So cool with a new Chinese city  :<3
But L.A. as finish city  :'(
I`am very excited so see where the Startline or the Startlines is ( speculating there is 3 Startinglines, and Phil Skypes " the World is waiting, travel safe go" :gnome
And last we get no Africa this Season  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #457 on: December 08, 2015, 09:34:17 PM »
I`am very excited so see where the Startline or the Startlines is ( speculating there is 3 Startinglines, and Phil Skypes " the World is waiting, travel safe go" :gnome

Possible. ??? :funny:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #458 on: December 08, 2015, 09:55:24 PM »
It started so good with the route, 3 new countries and the europe legs looks to be awesome  :conf:
But then Dubai ( come on now give us Qatar or Bahrein) It is now Kuwait 1 time, Oman 2 times and UAE 4 times  (:;)
And then Bali have 2 legs, i think it should have been just 1 leg, and then the other leg in Lombok or Jakarta!!!!

Agree with all of this, with the exception of this China visit. The last 3 China locale visited was all within Pearl River Delta area and close proximity to each other (Guangzhou, HK, Macau, Shenzhen)
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #459 on: December 09, 2015, 04:55:04 PM »
What the heck does that awful "no opportunity wasted" hashtag mean? :res:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #460 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:48 PM »
That's not awful Marionete that's some kind of foundation of Phil I believe   :conf:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #461 on: December 09, 2015, 05:03:12 PM »
What the heck does that awful "no opportunity wasted" hashtag mean? :res:

It's Phil Keoghan's other show on the Discovery Channel/His Philosophies :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #462 on: December 10, 2015, 05:52:03 AM »
If Tyler's video is anything to go by, it seems like they were really off the grid and he was only able to use phones for asking for directions or airport selfies lol.

Does that mean the rumour for the TAR26-selfies returning is false?  :hearts:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #463 on: December 10, 2015, 06:12:09 AM »
Tyler seems MORP cute tbh

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #464 on: December 10, 2015, 07:33:10 AM »
I sure hope they won't bring the Selfie back. Bad twist that create nothing memorable but horrible final challenge. :res:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #465 on: December 10, 2015, 08:46:48 AM »
I sure hope they won't bring the Selfie back. Bad twist that create nothing memorable but horrible final challenge. :res:

I loved the 26 final task... just not who won because of it :lol:

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #466 on: December 10, 2015, 08:52:29 AM »

Libby and CJ  :funny:
what might have been

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #467 on: December 10, 2015, 09:41:21 AM »

OMG I FORGOT LIBBY & CJ SELFIEFAIL MOMENT <33333333

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #468 on: December 10, 2015, 09:54:13 AM »

OMG I FORGOT LIBBY & CJ SELFIEFAIL MOMENT <33333333

I'm not a fan of selfies too, but Libby & CJ's selfie fail was one of the best things that selfie "twist" could do. :funny:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #469 on: December 10, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
If Tyler's video is anything to go by, it seems like they were really off the grid and he was only able to use phones for asking for directions or airport selfies lol.

If he & his partner come in third, being really off the grid is probably why.  Bad luck.  Wonder why his team was so far off the grid?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #470 on: December 10, 2015, 01:52:02 PM »

If he & his partner come in third, being really off the grid is probably why.  Bad luck.  Wonder why his team was so far off the grid?
Doesn't gamer just mean that they weren't allowed to use cellphones for anything else with the "off the grid" idiom? ???

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2015, 02:19:31 PM »
there will be a special promo for 28th season  :trampb:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #472 on: December 10, 2015, 10:21:02 PM »

Agree with all of this, with the exception of this China visit. The last 3 China locale visited was all within Pearl River Delta area and close proximity to each other (Guangzhou, HK, Macau, Shenzhen)

True Chengdu would had been more cool, just to come with a city, they have not been to yet.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #473 on: December 11, 2015, 08:09:50 PM »
imagine if sheri & cole won... first parent/child winner! <3333
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #474 on: December 11, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »