Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST  (Read 14488 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 27 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2015, 09:20:29 AM »
Manufactured drama is what I dislike about this season. I'll take TAR 25 any day. Peach, I'm sorry but i'm not enjoying this season at all so far.

The teams are not the nicest to each other, nobody is edited saying something positive/appreciating the places they are going to and the surroundings, or the teams are not even witty or funny. I miss having inspirational teams like Adam and Bethany, witty teams like Amy and Maya, funny teams like Brooke and Robbie, and the presence of a crazy competitive team like Misti and Jim.

Just WAY TOO MANY competitive teams.

WAY TOO MANY teams who dislike each other.
This is also why season 20 was not very likable to me. Bopper & Mark, Dave & Cherie, and Misa & Maiya were the only teams not part of a giant all-out feud. The editors are playing way too much into the Justin & Diana v. Tanner & Josh dislike that it's becoming pathetic. Even the shoving incident between Kisha & Jen and Margie & Luke in 14 was not sugar-coated after the Guilin leg.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2015, 07:03:40 PM »
This is a very sad leg. When I saw the first team depart on 6-ish am and will be taking a bus, I was pretty sure that there won't be an equalizer since buses are abundant during that time of the day. I just hope that the dancers were given the opportunity to catch up but there wasn't. The editing made didn't even hide that fact.   :( :( :(

I'm so, so, sad for them. Hope they will be invited for another season and will be luckier and better.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Kavie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »
This is a very sad leg. When I saw the first team depart on 6-ish am and will be taking a bus, I was pretty sure that there won't be an equalizer since buses are abundant during that time of the day. I just hope that the dancers were given the opportunity to catch up but there wasn't. The editing made didn't even hide that fact.   :( :( :(

I'm so, so, sad for them. Hope they will be invited for another season and will be luckier and better.

At the end of the day, they're not a strong team. Even if they had survived this leg, still it would've been very hard for them to go much further.

And Justin is quite annoying so far. Unfortunately, the editing makes it like they will stay very long in the race, which is painful to watch  )-** )-**

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2015, 07:43:33 AM »
This episode was actually okay? I didn't think it was bad at all apart from the constant GAUCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That got on my nerves fast. If Ernest & Jin had a chance it might've added the extra suspense that was needed.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
I don't really like the design of this leg. 3 ASSEMBLY TASKS + ATTENTION TO DETAIL scramble into a leg? (With 2 of them involved navigating to the exact SAME PLACE). BORING. And why don't let teams drive there from Buenos Aires since it wasn't that far? What's the point of putting them on the truck for an ENTIRE leg? Some more navigation would be better? Also, have a Pit Stop during last leg at Polo Club and then we have the fake Polo task on the next respective leg, wtf. :res:

I still prefer leg 2 over this. This one is really boring and we all know who will gone after first 5 minutes.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »
I don't really like the design of this leg. 3 ASSEMBLY TASKS + ATTENTION TO DETAIL scramble into a leg? (With 2 of them involved navigating to the exact SAME PLACE). BORING. And why don't let teams drive there from Buenos Aires since it wasn't that far? What's the point of putting them on the truck for an ENTIRE leg? Some more navigation would be better? Also, have a Pit Stop during last leg at Polo Club and then we have the fake Polo task on the next respective leg, wtf. :res:

I still prefer leg 2 over this. This one is really boring and we all know who will gone after first 5 minutes.

If you take a minute to read the statistics about road accidents in Argentina you'd understand why is safest not let the teams use self driving, specially on routes/highways.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »
But it's OK for them to drive in TAR20, Alen? ???

I'm not trying to be mean, but I just want team to do something rather than sitting on the back of the truck and do nothing. :lol:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2015, 10:22:16 PM »

I'm not trying to be mean, but I just want team to do something rather than sitting on the back of the truck and do nothing. :lol:

Argentina had on 2014 a toll of 21 persons dead on road accidents, daily. The province of Buenos Aires - where San Antonio de Areco is located - had over 2.000 deaths on 2014 for this reason. Do you really want to put the teams behind the wheel on a risky scenario like that?

Source:
http://www.luchemos.org.ar/es/estadisticas/muertosanuales/muertos2014
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2015, 10:30:38 PM »

Argentina had on 2014 a toll of 21 persons dead on road accidents, daily. The province of Buenos Aires - where San Antonio de Areco is located - had over 2.000 deaths on 2014 for this reason. Do you really want to put the teams behind the wheel on a risky scenario like that?

Source:
http://www.luchemos.org.ar/es/estadisticas/muertosanuales/muertos2014

OK, thanks for the information. I just thought if 20 can handle teams driving in the small cities of Argentina then it MIGHT be OK for them to drive in San Antonio de Areco too. :(

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2015, 10:40:56 PM »
If I remember correctly,
only 5,7 and 16 have teams self-drived in Argentina right?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »
One thing is the teams self-driving on secondary roads or not so crowded routes as in Salta (or Mendoza, or the Patagonia) and something different in the city of Buenos Aires and the province of Buenos Aires, where is concentrated almost half of the population of the country.

Keepcopz, I know the road. I did it a lot of times while going to Pergamino - that is located two hours distance from San Antonio on the same route - for work, and although the first part of the travel is on a highway, once you take the National Route 8 it becomes a single lane route that is used not only by cars and buses but also by hundreds of trucks carriying from grains to livestock and manufactured goods. And after watching the numbers, probably you have already figured that we are not the most disciplined drivers of the world.