Author Topic: S31: Andrew Savage (Bayon)  (Read 2332 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Andrew Savage (Bayon)
« on: August 25, 2015, 05:06:36 PM »
Andrew Savage

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 7 Survivor: Pearl Islands

Previous Finish: 10th place

What will you do differently this time around? "I absolutely love Survivor, and I have been tormented by the Outcast twist for 12 years. I am physically and mentally tougher than I have ever been, and I am ready to do whatever it takes to be the last one standing. It would truly be an honor to play the game again."

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-photos/2285508_andrew-savage
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Andrew Savage (Bayon)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:06:50 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:42:10 PM »
Analysis of Andrew Savage (original Bayon Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): Andrew is most deserving of a second chance because of the unfair way he was previously eliminated (by an eliminated Outcast he was not expecting to see again in the game, one of the most ill-conceived twists Survivor implemented). I would hope that he can navigate the "New School" way of playing the game, but I suspect that the way he will be perceived as a leader will make him a frequent target.

Following Episode 2: At first, I was a little skeptical about Andrew Savage's personal story, because it seemed a little self-congratulatory. However, it evoked a lot of genuine emotions from his tribemates and improved solidarity on a tribe that already appears to have a lot of it. Andrew Savage should make it to the jury stage of the game, but the only way I can see him making it to the final tribal council is if he flips against a close ally, which I do not see him doing.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 01:35:37 PM »
Andrew Savage (Angkor Tribe, original Bayon)
Following Episode 3: Savage was able to draw upon his experience as an attorney to make persuasive arguments to the majority Ta Keo alliance in the newly formed Angkor Tribe. The original Bayon Tribe won in all aspects of the three-tribe split, having a numerical advantage in the new Bayon and Ta Keo Tribes, and having two of their smarter and also most likeable members joining a foursome of original Ta Keo members with noticeable fractures. I am sure that it did not take long for them to see the divide between Abi-Maria and Peih-Gee. Savage's words fed right into Jeff's thinking, leaving everyone but Woo united against Peih-Gee.

Following Episode 4: Andrew won a lot of good will by winning the first reward-only challenge of the season. He and Tasha are proving to be a powerful combination, which will allow him to move further in the game than some of the other physically strong men. Hopefully he can continue to tolerate Abi-Maria as well as Tasha does, because if he can take the fatherly role toward her the way Jeff Varner did, then his tribe might finally be united and perform well enough to avoid losing immunity challenges.

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:19:49 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »
Andrew Savage (Ta Keo after 2nd swap, Angkor after 1st swap, original Bayon)
Following Episodes 5 and 6: Savage clearly underestimated Ciera when inexplicably choosing her to be the red herring for a proposed blindside vote against Spencer. In the previous episode, Monica failed Survivor 101 by announcing a long-term plan against members of her own alliance to another person in the alliance. In this episode, Savage failed Survivor 102 by throwing a name out as a potential vote, even if it was not intended to be a decisive vote, because it reveals the proverbial pecking order (the same way that individual challenges which allow competitors to cast strikes against other tribemates reveals the pecking order). As much as Savage is trying, he is not grasping the full extent of the so-called "new school" play, and that will seal his fate.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:43:31 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 04:48:22 PM »
Andrew Savage (original Bayon, Angkor after 1st swap, Ta Keo after 2nd swap)
Following Episode 7 (the merge): On one hand, Savage was brilliant in identifying Ciera as the greatest threat in the game. On the other hand, he was rather cowardly in hiding behind Tasha's lies. I was glad that Ciera cast a vote his way, if only to signal to the tribe that he is aligned with Tasha more than anyone else. Savage will need to begin scrambling, as the numbers are dwindling, and he is one of the perceived greatest threats for both his physicality and leadership skills. His greatest success in the game will depend upon his ability to maintain his false front with Joe, Keith, Jeremy, Fishbach, and Kimmi. Even then, if he plays a role in their elimination, which is considering the current numbers, I do not see how he can make a case to them as jurors, since he did lie to them and have the opportunity to come clean at an earlier time.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »
Following Episode 8: Savage should not blame the bad luck of a hidden immunity idol for his elimination. He was done in by the same sort of passivity that victimized one-time ally Woo two votes earlier. He was depicted relaxing on a hammock while discussing plans, while his confessionals revealed his willingness to agree with the majority rather than forge his own path. If he had taken Ciera's advice to think about his own game, he would still be alive. Certainly he could have been more proactive by orchestrating another split vote among his alliance to protect against the idol the same way they had done it toward Kass and Ciera. His and Joe's reaction to target Stephen Fishbach simply for plotting against Joe demonstrated a lack of wisdom and a bit of childishness that went contrary to what the audience expected from him. It was nice to see Jeremy step in and lend some wisdom about preventing a minority alliance from lingering and causing trouble later in the game (not to mention that protecting Fishbach protected him down the road). However, for him to simply agree with targeting Kelley Wentworth without considering short-term and long-term ramifications (which Wentworth hinted at during tribal council when mentioning how she cannot speak openly about discussions she shared since she might be back at camp living with those people) was a clear-cut justification for his elimination. Ciera's cautionary words during this previous council and the previous one proved true this time and probably will prove true again soon.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »
Lol so glad he's gone and I find it really funny when he gets mad :funny:

The double standards are deep with this guy :gnome :umn:

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »
Following Season Finale: Andrew described Jeremy's behavior during Kimmi's elimination as arrogant, and he described Spencer's behavior during Kelley Wentworth's elimination the same (which Kimmi later described as bullying). All of these descriptions were a little unfair. Jeremy was genuinely surprised and disappointed that Kimmi turned against him, trusting her even when his other allies Spencer and Tasha did not. In fact, if Kimmi were in the final four with the eventual final three, Jeremy might have eliminated Spencer before her. Spencer's speech in the previous tribal council about how he would do everything possible as a jury member to make Kelley the winner over Jeremy if Jeremy took Kelley to the end instead of him was a very persuasive speech and shows the dynamics of the voting mentality of all jurors and potential jurors. While he could have been a little more reserved and soft-spoken in his presentation, he was by no means arrogant, as it was merely the strategist in him coming out, as all the finalists and potential finalists had frequently presented themselves to be. Despite what Andrew said about his vote being up for grabs, he was probably heavily in favor of Jeremy going into that tribal council, and he appeared to point at Jeremy as a sign to his fellow jurors as he was returning to his seat.