Author Topic: TARCanada 3 - Episode 12 LIVE FINALE Discussion September 23th!  (Read 11354 times)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Re: TARCanada 3 - Episode 12 LIVE FINALE Discussion September 23th!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »
This is the first time since I started watching TAR, back when Season 14 was airing, that I'm actually not bothered whether I watch the episode or not.   ???

It just seemed like a lame, predictable Leg, and having to endure actually watching Gino & Jesse win would destroy me.  :'(  (:;)  So I think I'll just leave it, and look forward to TAR 27 tomorrow.  :hoot:

This Season went from being one I thought could compete with the best of the US Seasons, into one that I don't care if I ever watch again, which is such a shame because it has such an AMAZING cast!  :hearts:  (Gino & Jesse excluded of course)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 01:39:37 PM »
Haven't watch the finale yet. But now review the final leg writeup, I can imagine that the finale was giving me the vibe of meh TAR26 finale, so maybe I'll just leave it and looking forward to TAR27.  :umn: :iok  Congratulations to Gino & Jesse anyway although I found them pretty boring and bland in general.

It's sad to see this season has so many potential at the start, but lost it's spark pretty quickly at the end of the race. I can say that TARCAN3 is the weakest season of the Canadian version.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »
Canada's equivalent to All-Stars 2014, I felt. Definitely not our best casting with a few teams keen on penalty-taking.

But at least we're getting another season, so this won't be the one they end it with.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
Woah. I did not expect to read such a hard criticism from this board.
My two cents...

So this is the third time an All Male team wins The Amazing Race Canada... but is the first time that the most likely team to win actually wins the race. In Season 1 the winners were saved twice by a NEL and in Season 2 everyone expected the winner team to be the one that won most of the previous legs... But this time we saw this coming, Gino&Jesse would argue with each other, get lost on their way to the next challenge or made dumb mistakes with their clues BUT would usually come out on the top.

This was a season filled with a rivalry between Gino&Jesse and Nick&Mat and we saw that through out the race until the final moments of the last leg. They were neck and neck and it finally came down to who was gonna find the skies first.

I see everyone saying this was a predictable and linear leg... maybe but I could still feel like it wasn't a sure win for Gino&Jesse. I even thought that Jesse and Mat would get stuck in the skies making way for Brent&Sean to pull ahead. Because the editing made it seem THAT close. I would even argue that Nick&Mat could've won if they were the ones to catch the green light at the beginning of the race.

I've been hoping for Gino&Jesse and Brent&Sean elimination from the beginning of the race. I would've prefered to see teams like Dana&Amanda or Hamilton&Michaela or Neil&Kristin. It baffles me that Simi&Ope or Brian&Cynthia made it as far as they did.

I just wish this race didn't have the amount of self inflicted penalties that it has. Or the cab stealing that made me go from "man, how in the world is Simi&Ope still in it" to hate everyone still in it except for Simi&Ope. Or the face off I'm a huge believer that the amazing race is a challenge against yourself and your own capabilities and it should never put two teams against each other. Sad part is that id didn't only happen twice during this season but it's probably gonna happen in the future considering that now has a name "FACE OFF" that is not even a road sign analogy but is also a terrible movie.

I think this was a great Race with really long feeling legs where half the time I would expect the Pitstop 3 clues earlier and the only thing hurting it is the boot order which is something you can't really complain when you still have someone to root for or against because that means at least one team made you feel something and that is a huge part of the enjoyment of The Amazing Race.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 09:34:13 PM »
I agree with Vitoko...

At least I feel like they deserved it, unlike the Tims who got saved twice... Mickey and Pete were okay as the underdogs (I was actually happy because a hockey girls win would have been to predictable...)

I don't really like Gino and Jesse, they came off douchy and full of themselves, but they were the overall best team to win. I would have been happy with a nick and Matt win but heh... what ever I guess :P

Overall a good season, better than season 1, but worste than season 2

I'm happy for a season 4!!! Wonder what destination they will go

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 09:03:26 AM »
One question, who won the prize of Canada's favorite team?
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 09:47:48 AM »
One question, who won the prize of Canada's favorite team?

Dana & Amanda  :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 06:34:28 PM »
OMG AMAZING WINNERS <3 FIRST TIME SINCE ERNIE & CINDY MY FAVES WON <3

Though Brent & Sean were absolutely hilarious throughout the final leg!

I'm so happy for Gino & Jessie! I've a really similar relationship with my brother so I had to root for them :lol: They deserved it!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »
I agree with Vitoko...

At least I feel like they deserved it, unlike the Tims who got saved twice... Mickey and Pete were okay as the underdogs (I was actually happy because a hockey girls win would have been to predictable...)

I don't really like Gino and Jesse, they came off douchy and full of themselves, but they were the overall best team to win. I would have been happy with a nick and Matt win but heh... what ever I guess :P

Really?! They were extremely humble and grateful for the experience every leg???

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »
I agree with Vitoko...

Really?! They were extremely humble and grateful for the experience every leg???

You must have been watching a totally different Season from the rest of us then.  They wanted to win EVERY Leg, and any time they came 2nd, they were clearly pissed, and even said multiple times how 2nd isn't good enough.  AND not once do I recall them saying how much fun they've had visiting countries, or how grateful they were for the experience, or what they have, having seen the poverty in places such as India.  They just wanted to win.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being competitive, but there's a fine line between competitiveness and cockiness / douchiness, which they definitely crossed.  They were NO WHERE NEAR humble, by any means.

As I never watched the Finale, I can't say how they came across during it, but if they were humble and grateful in that episode, it would clearly have been because they won, and their confessional was filmed after that, therefore they were no longer bothered about winning, as they had already done so.

If you can point me to an exact point where they were grateful, or humble (prior to the finale), then I'll take back what I said, and admit defeat.  :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 10:56:31 AM »
Being confident does not mean they are douchy :res: Male teams continually get so much hate on this site and when they are finally good it doesn't let up.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »
Being confident does not mean they are douchy :res: Male teams continually get so much hate on this site and when they are finally good it doesn't let up.

That's what I said.  Just because a team is competitive or confident, doesn't mean they're automatically deemed arrogant, or cocky.  There's plenty of teams that were competitive, that are far from over confident.  But Gino & Jesse definitely were. 

The reason Male teams are getting so much hate is simply because they're all the same... BORING. And they more than likely always get to the Final 2 / 3 Legs of the Race, which people sometimes consider a wasted spot for a much more entertaining team, even if they're not as competitive.  I'd much rather watch a train wreck, underdog team make it to the Final then an overconfident, generic, boring team.  E.g. Eric & Jeremy, James & Tyler, Gino & Jesse, Tyler & Nathan, Daniel & Ryan, Derek & Drew, Chris & Alex. Etc.
The only reason those last 2 teams were even memorable were due to having a "Romance" with an opposing team member.  In this case Flo and Tara.

Tanner & Josh are also potentials to be in this category. I'm just hoping they surprise me and are great to watch.

But there are still some Male teams that have the generic, alpha male look, that were great to watch. Teams like Joey Fitness & Danny, Jet & Dave, even Sam & Dan to an extent.

At the end of the day, I'm aware this is a Race, and confidence in yourself, and team-mate is key.  They just don't have to be boring, and come across arrogant, and douchy in the process.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:31:25 AM by nmccarroll91 »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 11:30:05 AM »
I just don't think they came across as any of those things but each to their own

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2015, 11:34:10 AM »
I just don't think they came across as any of those things but each to their own

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  :tup:  Now in homage to Gino & Jesse, lets hug it out. :ghug:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
Irish people butting heads is always going to have stubbornness  :funny: :funny:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »
Hahaha  :funny:  So, so true.  :lol: