Author Topic: Season 27 the Awakening!  (Read 90600 times)

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • The real Justin & Diana
    • JustinAndDiana.com
Re: Season 27 the Awakening!
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2015, 11:01:17 PM »
Congrats on another first place, JustinAndDiana! I have a couple questions about the Zambia-Zimbabwe episode:

1) Did you two win anything for coming in first at the orphanage?

2) Since the visit to the orphanage, have you or will you stick true to the "resolution" of being more engaged in helping people within your community or elsewhere outside of the realm of The Amazing Race? And if yes, how so?

1. No we didn't win anything  :gaah:
2. We have been secretly raising money for the Rose of Chairity. Diana has also been talking to her students about a special chairity and using it to teach the kids cool lessons about caring for others and what not

we have had to be careful not to let the charity slip so we have been low key up until now... Now it's full steam ahead! After we raise money to help those beautiful kids we are going to do some volunteer work! First things first lets help those kids https://www.gofundme.com/RoseofCharity

Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2015, 06:37:23 AM »
That sounds awesome  :cheer:  :luvya: :colors

(and I guess its understandable that they didn't give you a prize. It would seam sort of heartless and mean to give you "a trip for 2 from Travelocity to (insert location)" in front of those orphans who don't have much)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:54:03 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2015, 06:46:44 AM »
Justin and Diana

Just some questions I really want to ask...

1. If your team won the Express Pass in Leg 1 right, would you have pulled off a Tanner & Josh?
2. Would you accept the Express Pass from Tanner & Josh if they gave it to you (and do you guys have a choice)?
3. Regarding No. 1, who would you have given the Express too?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »
Congrats on another first place, JustinAndDiana! I have a couple questions about the Zambia-Zimbabwe episode:

1) Did you two win anything for coming in first at the orphanage?

2) Since the visit to the orphanage, have you or will you stick true to the "resolution" of being more engaged in helping people within your community or elsewhere outside of the realm of The Amazing Race? And if yes, how so?

1. No we didn't win anything  :gaah:
2. We have been secretly raising money for the Rose of Chairity. Diana has also been talking to her students about a special chairity and using it to teach the kids cool lessons about caring for others and what not

we have had to be careful not to let the charity slip so we have been low key up until now... Now it's full steam ahead! After we raise money to help those beautiful kids we are going to do some volunteer work! First things first lets help those kids https://www.gofundme.com/RoseofCharity

What?! No prize? I remember Brandon & Adam winning 5K and Jaime & Cara claiming they won jet skis even during these "Keep Racing" legs. :o

I am also sharing the orphanage GoFundMe page with co-workers and some relatives. Lovely people there and I am so glad and relieved nobody will seem to be eliminated in such a genuine, caring environment. The U-Turn placed right at the Pit Stop seemed very awkward though.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »
Just discovered this thread.  Very nice of the racers to pop in here!!  Can I just say that I absolutely loved when Justin started singing the song that TAR uses every time the show goes to Africa.  I was humming along with it when it was used earlier in the episode!  Love the true fans Justin!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:35 PM »
Thank you so much Rachel!! Anyone who wants to help can share the link! https://www.gofundme.com/RoseofCharity
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2015, 12:22:07 AM »
A question for our TAR27 racers.

How long are the pit stops for your season? Is it still 12 or 36 hours, or does it vary from leg to leg?

Online James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »
A question for our TAR27 racers.

How long are the pit stops for your season? Is it still 12 or 36 hours, or does it vary from leg to leg?

It varies. Not sure how the decide on the time but I guess it's by how long and strenuous the next leg will be.

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2015, 02:19:11 PM »
Hi Racers,

So nice to have you post in here.  I'm curious about your racing in Zimbabwe. At RFF, there were many who didn't think Zimbabwe would be a possible country due to US/Zimbabwe relations (which I'm going to plead ignorance on).  Were you given any special warnings before going to the country, or did you notice anything different once in the country?  I did find it interesting that WRP did minimize the number of publicly-accessible clue boxes (road block at the starting line, U-turn at the mat, clue inside the hostel, etc.).  Wondered if y'all felt this as well.

Thanks!
-Beav

Online James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »
Hi Racers,

So nice to have you post in here.  I'm curious about your racing in Zimbabwe. At RFF, there were many who didn't think Zimbabwe would be a possible country due to US/Zimbabwe relations (which I'm going to plead ignorance on).  Were you given any special warnings before going to the country, or did you notice anything different once in the country?  I did find it interesting that WRP did minimize the number of publicly-accessible clue boxes (road block at the starting line, U-turn at the mat, clue inside the hostel, etc.).  Wondered if y'all felt this as well.

Thanks!
-Beav

I had no idea there were any issues between US and Zimbabwe and didn't notice any particular difference with the "feel" of the race while in Zimbabwe. Sorry that's not a juicier answer but it's just the truth.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2015, 07:38:26 AM »
I hope we are not like the Brenchels lol

Oh you guys don't need to worry about that, you guys are nothing like the best team in the post-UB era!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2015, 08:04:24 AM »

Oh you guys don't need to worry about that, you guys are nothing like the best team in the post-UB era!

Ignore the trolls guys you are amazing  :trampb:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2015, 08:06:28 AM »

Having an opinion = being a troll? OK honey.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2015, 08:10:39 AM »

Having an opinion = being a troll? OK honey.
OK

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »
Justin and Diana

Just some questions I really want to ask...

1. If your team won the Express Pass in Leg 1 right, would you have pulled off a Tanner & Josh?
2. Would you accept the Express Pass from Tanner & Josh if they gave it to you (and do you guys have a choice)?
3. Regarding No. 1, who would you have given the Express too?

1. Definitely not. We would have used it Leg 5 Detour, or in a dire situation
2. Absolutely we would have accepted it. We tried to convince Texas it would be the best move...keep the top together, instead of bringing up a team from the back...but no. http://forum.realityfanforum.com/Smileys/classic/funny.gif
3. Joey and Kelsey
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »
What are the rules and regulations for the FitBit while doing the race? Do you have to wear the trackers at all times (includes flight traveling), or is it just for promotional value? Is there some sort of penalty involved if you take the FitBit off during a leg?
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
Happy for your forth win, Justin and Diana.

Hope that the hate from many viewers and also users here in RFF does not affect you guys.

Love the fact that you two always stop the argument with a kiss lol

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2015, 09:05:15 PM »
Congrats for your fourth wins #TeamGreen

Btw...
1. Did you worried that some teams could steal your winning after the roadblock?
2. Did you noticed that Tiff/Krista finished first at detour and if you did what was your thinking? And what is your opinion about them?
3. What is your opinion about Rotterdam leg...? Did you enjoy that leg?

Thanks Justin/Diana and hope enjoy this forum with us... And good luck
what might have been

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2015, 09:11:23 PM »
Congratulations on your fourth win and the high steps, high stakes dinero, Justin & Diana! :wohoo: I have a couple questions:

1. (Sorry for a requote, but it's relevant to the Rotterdam/The Hague episode too.)
What are the rules and regulations for the FitBit while doing the race? Do you have to wear the trackers at all times (includes flight traveling), or is it just for promotional value? Is there some sort of penalty involved if you take the FitBit off during a leg?

2. How would you describe how you felt during the ship simulation Detour task?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2015, 09:25:53 PM »
Ah, I forgot to ask you.

After knowing the prize, do you think that Diana's decision to walk across the bridge and her failed RB actually gave you more money?

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »

3. Joey and Kelsey

Why? ???

They were the only team that we felt we could really trust at that time. We didn't know they were playing both sides lol

Congrats for your fourth wins #TeamGreen
Btw...
1. Did you worried that some teams could steal your winning after the roadblock?
2. Did you noticed that Tiff/Krista finished first at detour and if you did what was your thinking? And what is your opinion about them?
3. What is your opinion about Rotterdam leg...? Did you enjoy that leg?
Thanks Justin/Diana and hope enjoy this forum with us... And good luck

1. Yes , we knew that Krista and Tiffany would do great at the jump rope task so we kept pushing hard to the mat!
2. We were not close to their detour so we had no clue when they finished. What you didn't see was that Krista helped Diana during the Sunflower task and after that we felt a lot closer to them. ( It was one of only two times any team helped us)
3. Diana and I loved Rotterdam! The city has such a cool vibe, beautiful buildings and landscape. Parks everywhere! The sun didn't go down till 10pm.  We both enjoyed the leg a lot other than the bickering!

Congratulations on your fourth win and the high steps, high stakes dinero, Justin & Diana! :wohoo: I have a couple questions:

1. (Sorry for a requote, but it's relevant to the Rotterdam/The Hague episode too.)
2. How would you describe how you felt during the ship simulation Detour task?

1. We wear the FitBit From the time the leg starts until the time the leg ends. They take them from us and recharge them and get all of our info. we get them back at the start of each leg. Didn't have anything specific as a penalty. But no real reason why you would ever take them off.
2. The Ship task was really fun. It was like as awesome video game. Suprised how many teams had such a hard time with it. but it helped us gain a lot of the time we lost earlier.

After knowing the prize, do you think that Diana's decision to walk across the bridge and her failed RB actually gave you more money?

I feel if we took the taxi we would have had a lot smoother leg with no arguing and we would have been in first from start to finish. I hate that i acted that way and am so happy it all PAID off in the end. We did win A LOT more money because of it that's for sure!
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2015, 03:40:14 PM »
I really appreciate you coming over here and answering all our questions. :<3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2015, 09:44:31 PM »
Kudos on another win, Justin & Diana! :hoot: Two more questions involving tonight's leg:

1. Approximately how many minutes ahead of Kelsey & Joey were you two upon stepping foot on the Pit Stop?
2. Seeing the collective group of local people and other travelers camping out for the night in Delhi, what were your impressions spending the night like the people there as you waited for the morning train to Agra?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2015, 05:26:13 AM »
Was the train ride from Delhi to Agra scary?