Author Topic: TARCanada 3 - Episode 10 LIVE SHOW Discussion September 9th!  (Read 11523 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARCanada 3 - Episode 10 LIVE SHOW Discussion September 9th!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2015, 12:28:12 PM »
Simi & Ope are the most boring team ever to last this far in the race

Wow... WoW... WOW, WOW!!!! Hoooold On!  :nono2:  :lol:

Bare with me here, but they were my pre-fave team before the Season aired, and are still my favourite team to this point, but I'll be the first to admit that I've never seen a team make it this far, and be THIS invisible.  They have gotten literally NO airtime whatsoever!  :groan:  :gaah:

Ope seems to have a great sense of humour, with his constant "dad dancing", and over the top excitement every time they finish a task before another team.  I definitely don't think they're boring, it's just they haven't been given any development, or story build all Season.  The most development they got was in Leg 1 with Ope overcoming his fear of water - What have we learned about them since?? Absolutely diddly-squat.  (:;)

If next weeks episode jams them down our throat, and does nothing but talk about their lives and backstory, it'll be a clear indication that they'll be eliminated.  :'(

I blame producers, and editing for their "boringness", not them.  And lets face it, if the only time it ever showed them was at the start line, and never again, they'd still be 1,000,000 times more exciting then Gino & Jesse.  :barf

I think this describes why they are boring. The editors can only edit with what they are giving, which evidently has been boring.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »
Oh yeah, I just remembered the other task in next week's preview.

They're in some factory dressed like oil workers (a Petro-Canada task, perhaps. We haven't had any product placement from them yet, no "drive yourself to a station and fill up" clue like last season)

Edmonton is "the oil city", so it wouldn't be unexpected.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:21:10 PM by Maanca »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »
Another crappy leg, what a surprise TAR Canada!

I admit this Leg was weaker than any of the previous, probably the weakest of the Season, but this is the only poor Leg I can think of so far.  (Maybe Leg 7 wasn't all that fantastic)  So I'm curious as to which other Legs you thought were crappy?  ???

Everything except the Argentina and India legs, Nova Scotia, and Sasketchawan but the bootlist certainly didn't help

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 05:31:00 PM »

I admit this Leg was weaker than any of the previous, probably the weakest of the Season, but this is the only poor Leg I can think of so far.  (Maybe Leg 7 wasn't all that fantastic)  So I'm curious as to which other Legs you thought were crappy?  ???

Everything except the Argentina and India legs, Nova Scotia, and Sasketchawan but the bootlist certainly didn't help

What part of moving the trucks around, wakeboarding and Freak'n Farmers tasks were weak? All of those are exhausting! And the model RR was great! Just curious what u consider weak or crappy?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2015, 09:43:49 PM »
People have a different standard for anything so no point to argue if this season is crap or not.

I enjoyed it even I don't have a team to root for like last two seasons. Some of the tasks are boring but most of the legs are great. There are many great personalities, too.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 03:00:41 AM »

What part of moving the trucks around, wakeboarding and Freak'n Farmers tasks were weak? All of those are exhausting! And the model RR was great! Just curious what u consider weak or crappy?

Weak tasks overall. The closest thing to a fun task last episode was the Truck and wakeboarding. The Detour felt very linear and unbalanced (Brains was clearly 10000x easier), the U-Turn placement was horrendous, and the model ARI was basically linear and pointless. But it was still miles better than that sorry excuse of a first leg or Halifax (the Halifax episode delivered but definitely not task-wise TBH).

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 10:54:16 AM »

When I said weak, I didn't mean the tasks were easy.  The tasks were rather difficult, but they certainly weren't the most exciting of tasks to watch.  Both sides of the Detour were pretty boring.  The mud run was the best part of it, but got very little airtime.  The wakeboarding was an extremely hard task, but once again it didn't come across all that exciting on screen.  The car puzzle was fun though. 

So based on the lack of excitement the tasks protrayed on screen, that's why I said the episode came across as weak.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 09:55:55 AM »
Ratings don't mean a good leg look at TAR21 it's highest rated leg was the Spain NEL or TAR19 it was the finale

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 10:01:30 AM »
Sudbury was the ratings champ so far this season, and I know that wasn't some's favourite.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
Ratings don't mean a good leg look at TAR21 it's highest rated leg was the Spain NEL or TAR19 it was the finale

High rating don't mean a good leg and your opinion doesn't mean poor leg.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 11:58:36 AM »
*fans self*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 06:10:48 AM »

High rating don't mean a good leg and your opinion doesn't mean poor leg.

That has no correlation though? :lol:

All I did was state my opinion, that's what this forum is for. :)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 06:11:21 AM »

When I said weak, I didn't mean the tasks were easy.  The tasks were rather difficult, but they certainly weren't the most exciting of tasks to watch.  Both sides of the Detour were pretty boring.  The mud run was the best part of it, but got very little airtime.  The wakeboarding was an extremely hard task, but once again it didn't come across all that exciting on screen.  The car puzzle was fun though. 

So based on the lack of excitement the tasks protrayed on screen, that's why I said the episode came across as weak.

exactly, thank you!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2015, 02:26:14 PM »
"My bladder is not psychic unfortunately" :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 02:27:44 PM »
This leg was so good! I loved all the tasks from start to finish. Really solid leg! Brent & Sean struggling is so hilarious to watch.

Ranking:
Gino & Jessie = Brent & Sean
Dujean & Leilani

the rest.