Author Topic: S31: Terry Deitz (Takeo)  (Read 1910 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Terry Deitz (Takeo)
« on: August 25, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
Terry Deitz 

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 12 Survivor: Panama

Previous Finish: 3rd place

What will you do differently this time around? "I'm very excited to get the opportunity to play this game again. What would I do differently? I would play a more strategic game and balance much better!"

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-photos/2285493_terry-deitz
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Terry Deitz (Takeo)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
I think it will just be blown up to look somethinf dramatic when in reality it wasn't such a big deal. But we'll see. He's tough and looking forward to the hard conditions, so there's nothing he won't be able to handle.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »
Analysis of Terry Deitz (original Ta Keo Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): Terry Deitz came off as very likeable in his screen time. Certainly his comments to Spencer about his teenage daughters' advice to align with him were amusing. Like Jeff Varner, he is an "Old School" player attempting to play in the "New School" era. Like all of the older players, he appears to be aware of the adjustments he needs to make. I believe that he can go far if he takes advantage of the alliances he made but avoids the inevitable scrutiny and criticism that may fall upon others in his alliance.

Following Episode 2: Terry played a pivotal role in changing the fortune of several members of his tribe by showing compassion toward Abi-Maria. While the so-called "New School" mentality dominated the first episode, it was nice to see the "Old School" mentality show its strength in the second episode. Terry has generated the most good will of any of his tribemates and probably stands a good chance of making a deep run based on that alone. However, his likeable persona might prevent him from anyone taking him to the final jury vote. His only chance of winning would be to take an unlikeable person to the end and win the final immunity challenge. Maybe his can do this with Abi-Maria.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
Terry Deitz (Ta Keo Tribe, original Ta Keo)
Following Episode 3: Despite the good will that winning a challenge created, Terry is still in a bad position in his tribe, as his skills and leadership are expendable to the other members. Even Kelly Wentworth realizes that Terry is the number one target and will not stand in the way of voting him out to preserve her own life in the game. I see very little opportunity for Terry to break through unless he can make a very convincing argument to Ciera and Kass to align with him over Joe and Keith.

Following Episode 4: Like Savage on the Angkor tribe, and whether he likes it or not, Terry has taken the mantle of the physical challenge leader of the tribe. He might need to continue his string of success in the immunity challenges, as he remains on the outside of a strong alliance of four original Bayon tribe members. Even if he infiltrates that group, he must oppose original Ta Keo tribemate Kelley Wentworth, who has the hidden immunity idol.

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:09:40 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 04:43:31 PM »
Terry Deitz (Ta Keo after swap, original Ta Keo)
Following Episodes 5 and 6: Terry was the odd man out of the new Ta Keo Tribe's "final five" discussion. So it was more than likely that he would have been the unanimous vote for elimination if his tribe faced tribal council. As we learned early in the next episode, Terry was indeed the castaway removed from the game due to what was initially described as a serious medical issue facing his son. Thankfully, the editors of the episode gave us the full story during the closing credits (rather than make us wait for the live reunion as was have seen in past seasons involving removals from the game). It was very heartwarming to first see the shows of support and emotion from his tribemates and then see that his son received a successful heart transplant.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:18:54 PM by georgiapeach »