Author Topic: TARCanada 3 - Episode 6 LIVE SHOW Discussion August 12th!  (Read 10412 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
TARCanada 3 - Episode 6 LIVE SHOW Discussion August 12th!
« on: August 12, 2015, 06:17:22 AM »

IMPORTANT!

If you are unable to watch LIVE, please be aware that this thread WILL contain spoilers, so proceed at your own risk.  :oh 
This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

We do NOT think there will be a live stream, if we do there will be a separate thread. But...don't get your hopes up.

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. 

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO future spoilers either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:07:05 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARCanada 3 - Episode 6 LIVE SHOW Discussion August 12th!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »
Won't be able to be here tonight because I need to cram for my 2 finals tomorrow. :( If someone can update, that would be much appreciated!

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Previously on amazing race canada teams visited Iles de Madelines. It wasn't a paradise for Neil and Kristin or Simi and Ope. Gino and Jesse won and are the first team to win two legs. Teams were surprised that it was a non-elimination and a KOR leg.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
They're re-showing the footage of Gino&Jesse going to the pit stop and getting their KOR clue. Travel to Sudbury Ontario, home of 300 small lakes. Teams take ferry to P.E.I. to travel from Charlottetown airport, none going until the next morning. Teams then fly through Toronto to Sudbury.

Gino & Jesse depart 5:54 pm
Brian & Cynthia depart 6:20 pm
Nick & Matt depart 6:54

No other times shown, everyone just on the ferry in the morning and flying out.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Wait time at the Vale mines until 10:00 am. Teams get in line then and then based on their order go 1.3km beneath the earths surface and mine for nickel together.

1st Elevator - Gino & Jesse, Neil & Kristin
2nd Elevator - Nick & Matt, Brian & Cynthia

Gino & Jesse get the clue first. All it is is a Canadian nickel. They figure out that they have to go to "the big nickel" monument.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Clue at the big nickel: FF and Detour.

FF - Feed the turtles. An endangered species native to Ontario. Feed them worms and crickets and then afterwards eat a serving yourself. Gino & Jesse go for it.

Brian & Cynthia and Neil & Kristin arrive 2nd and 3rd so choose the detour. Both options at Laurentian University.

Synchronize:
Synchronized swimming, perform a successful routine with the university team.

Analyze:
Investigate the scene of a crime. Locate 10 pieces of bone and teeth within a 3x3 plot of land, measure precisely where they are and map it on a grid.

Both stations have a limited number of teams with 4.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Both Brian & Cynthia and Neil & Kristin choose Analyze and they show up together and and Brian lies saying "I don't know anything about policing".

Brent & Sean also arrive at the big nickel and choose Analyze.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Brian & Cynthia are getting annoyed with the loud talking of Neil & Kristin saying its breaking their concentration.

Nick & Matt also choose analyze. Nic & Sabrina also choose analyze. Dujean & Leilani debating but doing analyze. Simi & Ope also choose it as well so NOBODY chooses synchronize.

Meanwhile Gino & Jesse feed the turtle but then get surprised by the lady saying now "this is your lunch". She says "these are called super worms". They say "seriously? this sucks" and it goes to commercial.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Back from commercial.

Gino & Jesse keep going and Jesse downs the whole thing himself, first one at a time then in a big gulp at the end. He says he'll eat anything for the race.

Dujean & Leilani have trouble navigating and are not at the detour yet.

Brent & Sean are having trouble "analyzing" so they switch detour.
Simi & Ope arrive at analyze and the four spots are taken (Nic & Sabrina just got the last spot) so they switch too, even though Ope has real trouble swimming.

Nic & Sabrina finally acknowledge their big age difference, but they say it doesn't matter once you get to know the person and just go with your heart.

Brian & Cynthia fail first attempt at detour after showing the judge. Neil & Kristin too.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Brent & Sean are the first ones to arrive at "Synchronize". Practice in the shallow end before performing in the deep end. They say memory is the hardest part. They fail miserably at their first attempt but the polite Canadian judge tells them "sorry not quite there yet". Simi & Ope arrive and realize it's in deep water so they can't do it and go back to "Analyze".

Meanwhile Gino finally finishes feeding the turtle and win the fast forward. They can proceed directly to the pit stop: the Bell Park Gazebo.

Nick & Matt are the first ones to complete Analyze on their 2nd attempt. They say they're not just a physical team and they might have a 2nd career in crime fighting. Dujean & Leilani are struggling and Leilani is upset with Dujean, she wants to do swimming.

It goes to commercials showing Simi & Ope arriving back at "analyze" and the spots are still all full. Uh oh!

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Back from commercial.

Brian & Cynthia succeed at "analyze" on their 3rd attempt and are in 3rd place. Brian says "if the other racers knew we were cops for a living they'd probably think 'what kind of cops are you?'"

Brent & Sean are getting better but still struggling at swimming to this modern, jazzy/swing type song. 3rd attempt fails and they take a break/breather.

Nick & Matt arrive first at Roadblock: Who's got heart?
One member must experience the stress of the ER. They will learn CPR and then correctly perform it for 2 minutes on a mannequin in a simulated situation with defibbs and everything. Nick teaches a course on CPR but Matt chooses to do the roadblock! Matt has taken his course though but still fails because his compression rate was not too high.

Gino & Jesse arrive first at pit stop where the greeter is Alex Trebek. They are Team #1 for back-to-back legs (3rd overall) and get Air Canada flights to any of their california destinations and get a full year of free gas from Petro Canada.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Brent & Sean finish the Synchronize detour first on their 5th attempt and get back in the car complaining about the effects of chlorine on their face and hair.

Simi & Ope finish "analyze" on their 2nd attempt and leave 3 other teams in the dust who are complaining about how hard the task is.

Matt finishes the roadblock. They must go to a park and then canoe to get to the pit stop.

Brian & cynthia arrive at the roadblock and Cynthia does it. Before being a police officer she was a paramedic for 13 years so she's very comfortable. She fails first time. Sean arrives and tries it and is struggling too, Brent is worried about him getting tired out. Cynthia tries again and fails. Doesn't know what she's doing wrong....commercial break.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Cynthia finishes correctly on her 3rd time and leaves in 3rd place.

Simi & Ope arrive, in 5th place, and Simi choose to do it.

Meanwhile at "Analyze" Neil & Kristin finally get it right after 7 attempts. Nic & Sabrina and Dujean & Leilani still left behind there.

Nick & Matt get lost on the way to canoes but eventually make it around the same time as Brian & Cynthia and they are in a canoe race to the pit stop for 2nd/3rd. Nick & Matt get 2nd and are pleased to upgrade from their 4 straight 3rds but are frustrated not getting 1st! They're very stoked at seeing Alex Trebek though. Brian & Cynthia arrive 3rd.

Sean finishes the roadblock, looking exhausted and relieved.

Dujean & Leilani finish "analyze" leaving only Nic & Sabrina behind. Nic says it's "so dissappointing that they're last again" but then they get it soon afterwards. Brent & Sean remain the only team to attempt and finish the Synchronize detour.

Simi finishes the roadblock 2nd try. Kristin fails 1st try.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Brent & Sean arrive at the pit stop 4th and say to Alex Trebek "we were in a little bit of jeopardy back there" and Alex says "thanks for the plug boys"! LOL

Nic & sabrina arrive at roadblock and Nic tries it and they are happy to meet up with other teams.

Simi & Ope are canoeing to the pit stop and Ope says "the though of paddling a boat into open water scares me half to death" and they almost tip. It goes to commercial as he rubs his eyes in frustration.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Great job Toronto 14! :cheer:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Back from commercial.

Ope fights through and says he needs to fight through for his daughter. He meets Alex and says he is such a huge fan! Alex asks him about his fear of water and congratulates him on facing it. Alex then talks about his own relationship with his daughter and tears up and says thank you for your example. WOW

Kristin finishes the roadblock next (in 6th place). Dujean & Leilani finally arrive (they got lost on the way to the roadblock) and Leilani choose to do it. Nic fails first time so now they see they're in a fight for last between the two teams.

As Kristin is canoeing to the pit stop she talks about how beautiful Sudbury is and how much she loves it. They arrive at the pit stop 6th and say that's fine they're "getting comfortable" with that position.

Leilani finishes the roadblock before Nic and Nic is really mad. As Leilani leaves she passes Nic in the hallway and says "you got this Nic" which just frustrates him further. He rubs his eyes in frustration now and it goes to commercial again.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Back from the last commercial break.

Nic is mad at himself and Sabrina comes in to the hallway to comfort him but he says he can't give up; for us; and for this race. He finally succeeds and they leave in last place.

Dujean & Leilani arrive at the pit stop 7th. Dujean just claps his hands and says "Wow. Wow."

Nic & Sabrina arrive last and are eliminated.

Sabrina says "we figured". Nic says "I wish we could have seen more." He says he's dissappointed and feels like he let down Sabrina. But Sabrina says "you think of me before you think of you" and they say "the bond we have will never be broken".

Next time: Teams race to Saskatchewan. Roadblock is something trampoline related and Ope struggles. Brian & Cynthia fight in the car. Detour is aboriginal related.

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Final pit stop order:

1st Gino & Jesse
2nd Nick & Matt
3rd Brian & Cynthia
4th Brent & Sean
5th Simi & Ope
6th Neil & Kristin
7th Dujean & Leilani
8th Nic and Sabrina. Eliminated

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
Hope my impromptu updating was sufficient everyone! I tried my best but it goes so fast it's hard to get everything!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
omg Nic & Sabrina :torche

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Awesome job, toronto14! :hearts:

:torche Nic & Sabrina

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 11:13:39 PM »
Great job, toronto14!

And don't worry, doing a live update is quite hard, I know it by experience (although Polaroid always make it looks easy :lol: ).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 11:32:44 PM »
Thanks guys!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 05:58:21 AM »
this leg was ok but pit stop greeter made up for it

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
Gino & Jesse keep going and Jesse downs the whole thing himself, first one at a time then in a big gulp at the end. He says he'll eat anything for the race.

Did Jesse actually eat both of their allotment of bugs?  I thought the idea was that they each had to eat some.

Eating bugs is the thing that I would not do.  Well, there have been others on some of the TAR USA shows, but as a recurring theme, it is the one that would be a non-starter for me.