Author Topic: TARCanada 3 - Episode 6 LIVE SHOW Discussion August 12th!  (Read 10420 times)

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TARCanada 3 - Episode 6 LIVE SHOW Discussion August 12th!
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »
this leg was ok but pit stop greeter made up for it
You forgot to put that in the form of a question.

Offline trixie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »
pretty boring leg. I dont like when the teams are equalized so often. Simi/Opi and Sabrina/Nic basically got no blowback for taking penalties. Fortunately, Sabrina/Nic are one of the weakest teams so it didnt ruin the episode.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 06:33:10 PM »
Simi & Ope/Neil & Kristin to go next please. The other teams are so much more entertaining. So sad Nic & Sab are gone. I loved what they offered to the season. The leg itself was a bit bland, would've been so much better if there was a task other than break a rock in the mines. The detour was ok but the roadblock was just dull. I think something like a yield would've helped to add some suspense. Leg 5 was so good it probably doesn't help the cause of this week. I'm sure it will pick up again. The M/M casting is probably my favourite ever.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 07:39:07 PM »
I loved the leg, which was surprising since I didn't expect it to be entertaining based on the preview :lol:

Nic & Sabrina though :torche

Gino & Jesse are boring by dominating legs, I hope we can see them flop more as it makes them more entertaining that way.

I like almost everyone else left though, hopefully next week's alright as well.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 07:42:25 PM »
People stanned for the Olympians when they kept winning...I feel Gino & Jessie are a lot more humble in their victories.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 09:58:09 PM »
pretty boring leg. I dont like when the teams are equalized so often. Simi/Opi and Sabrina/Nic basically got no blowback for taking penalties. Fortunately, Sabrina/Nic are one of the weakest teams so it didnt ruin the episode.

I am the first to scoff at obvious equalizers, but I don't really think it is the case here. The ferry service off the island is not frequent. Flights in and out are not much better, if they had decided to go that way. In hindsight, that was probably the reason for the KoR as opposed to the rest period. I should have seen that one coming! Teams didn't get into Toronto until later that night, so the leg could not have started sooner. Sure, I have seen some obvious equalizers, but when we talk of equalizers in TARC, we have to consider some of the (relatively) isolated communities and Air Canada being the sponsor.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 09:50:10 AM »

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 05:46:10 AM »
Nice that Nic & Sabrina are out. They are the team I like less.

I'm happy that Simi & Ope and Dujean & Leilani still in the race. :)

I don't like Gino & Jesse, they are soooooooooooooooo boring, they think they are the best and... pls, go out next. At this point I'm fine watching any team winning, except those two.

I would like to see that they are going to any other country, at least one more leg.

And, please... Someone tell to the host to stop saying "fellas"... *puke* xD
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Gino & Jesse keep going and Jesse downs the whole thing himself, first one at a time then in a big gulp at the end. He says he'll eat anything for the race.

Did Jesse actually eat both of their allotment of bugs?  I thought the idea was that they each had to eat some.

Eating bugs is the thing that I would not do.  Well, there have been others on some of the TAR USA shows, but as a recurring theme, it is the one that would be a non-starter for me.

No, they both ate the bugs.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 05:00:34 PM »
I have to say I'm pretty surprised that Brent & Sean still haven't used the Express Pass. I didn't expect this team to be that feisty, I thought they would almost certainly use it at the detour.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
Great to see them persevere! They really have a great understanding of the race.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2015, 06:24:24 AM »
This leg, design-wise, was probably my least favorite so far.
The only super relevant tasks were the first two. The Detour and RB were just random university stuff. The Fast Forward was decent, at least Ontario was involved.
The episode was great because of the teams, but it could have been more enjoyable if I had liked the tasks as much. The Roadblock was very random imo and could have been used better in somewhere like Tofino last year, for example. Then they could tie it into a surfing injury/lifeguarding.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2020, 06:10:33 PM »
Some sad news that the Pit Stop greeter for this episode Alex Trebek has died after a year-long battle with pancreatic cancer.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/jeopardy-host-alex-trebek-dies-at-80/2456742/