Author Topic: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 87832 times)

Don Task

Re: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2015, 05:00:04 PM »
I am guessing that TAR that parts of central and southern Europe will be avoided due to the ongoing refugee crisis.

I live in Central Europe and I don't think that this would affect TAR in any way.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »
I just realized, I don't remember watching Australia and Oceania in the F5 or F4. I know it has happened, but I don't remember it because:
a.) I never watched the season. :gnome
b.) I forgot the season since it was a long time ago. :gaah:

I think anything is possible at this point, so if they do visit Australia & Oceania, maybe they'd visit the continent later in the race. ???

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2015, 10:26:21 PM »
I just realized, I don't remember watching Australia and Oceania in the F5 or F4. I know it has happened, but I don't remember it because:

I think anything is possible at this point, so if they do visit Australia & Oceania, maybe they'd visit the continent later in the race. ???

Australia made in the F5 twice (TAR2, TAR9) and F4 once (TAR4). New Zealand made the F5 teams (TAR5) and F4 (TAR2).

Australia is part of Oceania continent as on its namesake "continent", while New Zealand is also part of Oceania and belongs to Polynesia islands group.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:52:16 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2015, 11:17:48 PM »
Highly speculate the following countries will be visited for TAR 28

Asia :

South Korea : China & Japan are visited recently (24,26,27), South Korea fits the best for a "Eastern Asia" spot
Cambodia : Bangladesh, Vietnam and Thailand are visited not too far ago (21, 22, 26), it fits the best for "poor Southern Asia" spot
Indonesia : Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore are visited recently (24,25) leaving Indonesia to fit the "Island Asia" spot
                   Indonesia also makes easier connection to Oceania

Oceania :
Australia : Last visited was 18 already, possibly 2 legs, visited mid-race (Leg 4-6) with 7-8 teams
Fiji : Continue the trend of one new country since 25, also adds variety to Oceania

Europe :
Russia : The last Winter visit to Russia is 14, making it possible
Belgium : France, UK, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands are all heavily featured in recent races, a Winter visit to Belgium makes things less predictable
Lithuania/ Czech Republic/ Croatia/ Finland :  Possible candidates for Former USSR countries, all are formerly visited in Summer only

Africa and South America will be skipped likely given how frequent they are featured in recent races
A Westward route is suggested (Leg 1-3 : Asia, Leg 4-6 Oceania, Leg 7 Asia, Leg 8 - 11 Europe)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:27:46 PM by cbacbacba1 »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2015, 12:22:14 AM »
Highly speculate the following countries will be visited for TAR 28

Asia :

South Korea : China & Japan are visited recently (24,26,27), South Korea fits the best for a "Eastern Asia" spot
Cambodia : Bangladesh, Vietnam and Thailand are visited not too far ago (21, 22, 26), it fits the best for "poor Southern Asia" spot
Indonesia : Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore are visited recently (24,25) leaving Indonesia to fit the "Island Asia" spot
                   Indonesia also makes easier connection to Oceania

Oceania :
Australia : Last visited was 18 already, possibly 2 legs, visited mid-race (Leg 4-6) with 7-8 teams
Fiji : Continue the trend of one new country since 25, also adds variety to Oceania

Europe :
Russia : The last Winter visit to Russia is 14, making it possible
Belgium : France, UK, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands are all heavily featured in recent races, a Winter visit to Belgium makes things less predictable
Lithuania/ Czech Republic/ Croatia/ Finland :  Possible candidates for Former USSR countries, all are formerly visited in Summer only

Africa and South America will be skipped likely given how frequent they are featured in recent races
A Westward route is suggested (Leg 1-3 : Asia, Leg 4-6 Oceania, Leg 7 Asia, Leg 8 - 11 Europe)

Russia is very impossible and unsafe right now due to political concerns with the strong military conflict against Ukraine.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2015, 02:25:16 AM »

Australia made in the F5 twice (TAR2, TAR9) and F4 once (TAR4). New Zealand made the F5 teams (TAR5) and F4 (TAR2).

Australia is part of Oceania continent as on its namesake "continent", while New Zealand is also part of Oceania and belongs to Polynesia islands group.

And that is why I know it happened, but I don't remember seeing a leg there. :lol:  They were visited 20 seasons ago, more or less.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2015, 05:05:21 PM »

And that is why I know it happened, but I don't remember seeing a leg there. :lol:  They were visited 20 seasons ago, more or less.
Guam was a F4 destination in TAR11 too.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2015, 05:18:32 PM »
BIGGEST TAR28 TIDBIT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

From Phil's interview with TVGuide.com:
I just liked that racers finally invaded Big Brother since five houseguests have been on the Race and Brenchel did it twice. Will there be another crossover soon?

Keoghan: We might have something interesting lined up for next season. Season 28 might surprise you. Having talked to you as much as I have, I think you'll like it.

Discuss!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2015, 06:49:10 PM »
I would say...

No Phil. We are NOT going to like it.   :meow:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2015, 08:04:49 PM »
People from reality shows on the race?
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »
Hmm... Phil says the interviewer will like it so it might not be that bad.

But it has to be something not done before (All-Stars, Unfinished Business, Blind Dates Only)

So maybe it's that half-blind/half-regular edition everyone's speculated.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:53:30 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2015, 01:55:15 AM »

I just liked that racers finally invaded Big Brother since five houseguests have been on the Race and Brenchel did it twice. Will there be another crossover soon?

Keoghan: We might have something interesting lined up for next season. Season 28 might surprise you. Having talked to you as much as I have, I think you'll like it.

Discuss!

I would say...

Hmm... Phil says the interviewer will like it so it might not be that bad.

But it has to be something not done before (All-Stars, Unfinished Business, Blind Dates Only)

So maybe it's that half-blind/half-regular edition everyone's speculated.

Phil said 'might,' and with what Peach might be saying, I'm gonna agree with dryedmangoez that it has to be something not done before.
Here are my guesses: :umn:
~Celebrity Edition
~Reality Crossover
~All-male / All-female / All-gay Edition
~Family Edition (but teams of 2 only)
~Individuals Race
Whatever TAR28 will be, I'll just wait and see what it will be. :peek

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2015, 02:44:57 AM »
Please make an all-stars edition with true fan favourites
Or all - female edition

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2015, 04:42:46 AM »
I would say...

Don't be pessimistic, nothing has even been announced yet! :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2015, 10:54:14 AM »
I would say...

Don't be pessimistic, nothing has even been announced yet! :lol:

Since when does RFF wait for announcements?  Surely you jest!  :gva:

But I like ordinary people doing extraordinary things...it is what made TAR great.

Go back to the roots, give us interesting fun teams, a fantastic route and challenging tasks (take a page for TAR Canada!) and you'll see...we don't need bells and whistles, just classic TAR!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2015, 12:22:10 PM »
Remember when Peach made a poll if there was only one type of relationship on race what would you like it to be? and she was pessimistic as i remember and she seems pessimistic now too :( My guess is no more ordinary people based on peachs post :( i hope not

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2015, 12:42:27 PM »
I was pessimistic, but it turned out okay...so there is always hope!

I just like classic TAR the best....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2015, 05:11:28 PM »
Hopefully the surprise will be a non "pro level athlete and celebrity-sought type" cast. I also like classic and high-suspense TAR with ordinary extraordinaires like Linda & Karen and Fran & Barry racing. I just don't like deeply rooted drama between two particular teams. The rivalries just get very clunky and old

My guess is more crossovers like Keith & Whitney or even Alison & Donny types. I think the Friday schedule is literally digging this show's grave. There has been a lot more typecasting since TAR23.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

TARGuru

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2015, 06:12:49 PM »

Discuss!

I've heard from multiple sources that Season 28 of The Amazing Race will feature... INTERNET SENSATIONS. Not entirely sure what will be classified as INTERNET SENSATION. But I can't see people such as The Rhodes Bros on it, possibly Miranda Sings and her husband (recently married)... People of that nature. Doesn't necessarily mean YouTubers, just people who are "Internet Sensations" (not limited to social media)... Perhaps Dr. Mike from instagram!?

If anyone else has heard something similar, please elaborate. =) But this is what I've heard and I'm 99.9% positive it's true.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »
If it is Mirandia Sings (or Colleen, ie the person she is when she isn't Mirandia) and her sister or husband, my sister will go nuts. It would be her favourite season ever (almost regardless of results)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:53:53 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »
I noticed a recent pattern: TAR has been trying new stuff on Leg 1.

TAR26: W-turn on 1st leg.
TAR27: FF on the 1st leg.

Maybe TAR is planning something like this for TAR28's 1st leg. ???

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »
Is Latvia able to visit this season?
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2015, 09:38:46 PM »
How about 22 singles and put names in a hat and draw out two at a time? Not really, but could not resist.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2015, 09:42:38 PM »

Discuss!

I've heard from multiple sources that Season 28 of The Amazing Race will feature... INTERNET SENSATIONS. Not entirely sure what will be classified as INTERNET SENSATION. But I can't see people such as The Rhodes Bros on it, possibly Miranda Sings and her husband (recently married)... People of that nature. Doesn't necessarily mean YouTubers, just people who are "Internet Sensations" (not limited to social media)... Perhaps Dr. Mike from instagram!?

If anyone else has heard something similar, please elaborate. =) But this is what I've heard and I'm 99.9% positive it's true.
Like Claire's watermelon sensation or Michael & Kevin / Joey & Meghan paid vlogging?    If that does happen, imagine the backlash and trauma on YouTube by some if not most of the childish, immature fans for their "idols" to be eliminated. :res:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2015, 12:00:35 AM »

Discuss!

I think that would be great for ratings and you know Miranda Sings is just another person too so i dont feel like they would be irregular  :grins: