Author Topic: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 87766 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2015, 12:37:28 AM »
All internet sensations/viral stars would be odd.  It would be like a cheap celeb edition with no celebs.  (No offense, internet celebs hehe)

One or two is okay, but 11?  Nope.  Plus, we would likely get more Joey & Meghans (TAR22 version.  They were okay on TAR24, considering who else was on lol) and less Michael & Kevins (who were really just a regular father/son team rather than OTT YouTube personalities).

Even worse than viral stars would be ALL reality show crossovers.  A season filled with Survivor and BB also-rans?  Plus other reality "stars" from cable shows? OMGWTF.  Please no.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2015, 01:14:56 AM »
This IS a speculation thread...so SPEC is fine.

But do remember that per RFF policies, NO TEAM is to be ID'd before the race gets underway.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2015, 01:17:39 AM »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2015, 01:28:09 AM »
Even worse than viral stars would be ALL reality show crossovers.  A season filled with Survivor and BB also-rans?  Plus other reality "stars" from cable shows? OMGWTF.  Please no.

That would be alright tbh it could try to carry over some of the Survivor and BB viewers to watch TAR.

We aren't exactly blowing up the ratings right now =/

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2015, 01:43:14 AM »
That would be alright tbh it could try to carry over some of the Survivor and BB viewers to watch TAR.

We aren't exactly blowing up the ratings right now =/
But that really hasn't happened in the past either though.  It wouldn't really translate to a significant increase.  And even if so, those fans usually tune out once their faves are eliminated, just like any YouTube stars who will rant and rave. 

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2015, 04:32:41 AM »
For reasons previously mentioned by me and others, I definitely think TAR 28 will be visiting Oceania this season. I think Australia is a lock, but there is a reasonable chance for Fiji to be visited.

Asia: Indonesia and Vietnam are the two SEA destinations that haven't been visited recently. The Arabian countries are also in play.

Africa: The last 3 seasons have featured Africa, but it is a fan-favorite continent, so toss-up; if it is visited, I'd imagine South Africa would be the most likely option.

Europe: Many good places in Spain to visit. I'd imagine there will be a winter leg somewhere, so Switzerland, Austria, and Italy are likely.

Americas: No visit to S. America this season. A surprise visit to Central America or the Caribbean is doubtful, but possible.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2015, 07:28:11 AM »
I'd rather not have a YouTubers season thanks. The last thing WRP needs to "fix" right now is the casting. We're lucky TAR26 turned out the way it did.

No we don't want stunt casting or themed seasons. Yes, I would really appreciate some decent editing and tasks for once.

I actually think the locations since TAR25 have been pretty good, hoping I don't eat my words for TAR28! :-X I'd put my bet on the Middle East and Australia getting visits this time around.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2015, 07:40:13 AM »
All-female edition would be great.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2015, 07:48:42 AM »
I'm not really a fan of "themed seasons" such as those of Family (Season 8 ) & Dating (Season 26). I just want the classic TAR. But being a superfan, I'm welcome to this spin offs, provided that they deliver like Season 26 did. For Season 28, can the editing be better.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:57:51 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »
I got a bit angry when I saw Phil say they were planning something different for S28 :gaah: Everytime they do a 'special' season, it's a let-down in some way. Either the cast of an All-Stars is half-good, half-horrible, or the theme changes what TAR is about (teams of 4, different layout; OMG SELFIES :groan:)...

I'd rather they took Survivor's example and tried to appeal to the fans, not the casual audience. This season's edit is especially making me feel that they are trying to attract more of the casual audience by creating fake (petty) drama and showcasing few teams.

PLEASE. NO. BLIND. DATES. (:;)
Is Latvia able to visit this season?
Lol why would it not be :lol:

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2015, 12:12:39 AM »

No it wouldn't.

What if they did their own version of Survivor's Fans vs Favorites of some sort? Like six new teams and five all stars?

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2015, 01:05:15 AM »

No it wouldn't.

What if they did their own version of Survivor's Fans vs Favorites of some sort? Like six new teams and five all stars?

Or what about each team consisting a past racer and a new race partner? Maybe even one of the teams is a blind-date team with a past racer  :lol: It might be interesting to see if a change in partner has a significant effect on their performance.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2015, 03:07:41 AM »

No it wouldn't.

Or what about each team consisting a past racer and a new race partner? Maybe even one of the teams is a blind-date team with a past racer  :lol: It might be interesting to see if a change in partner has a significant effect on their performance.

All-female: No.
6 new teams + 5 all-stars: I didn't like the idea of having teams race for the 3rd time during TAR24, so... no as well.
Past racer + new partner || Blind date with past racer: We've seen Mark & Mallory, and they didn't work well together, so... no as well.

It's all just my opinion though. :hides

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2015, 06:24:55 AM »
I'm scared to think of what they are doing for S28 and have really negative expectations already, so I think a Fans vs. Favourites season of sorts would be the best possibility.
But yeah, please no threepeaters if that happens...

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2015, 07:56:50 AM »
An interesting cast would be a good start.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2015, 08:25:21 AM »
An interesting cast would be a good start.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »
Well, I'll say this. I HATE what is planned.

I'll also say this. I HATED the idea of blind daters....but it turned out okay. So....

But spending a bunch of energy on heavily RECRUITING a season when you have so many people APPLYING that would be fabulous....  :duno:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:35:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »

I'll also say this. I HATED the idea of blind daters....but it turned out okay. So....

But spending a bunch of energy on heavily RECRUITING a season when you have so many people APPLYING that would be fabulous....  :dunno:

:'( at least it will still be race right?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2015, 12:42:14 PM »

But spending a bunch of energy on heavily RECRUITING a season when you have so many people APPLYING that would be fabulous....  :dunno:

:'( at least it will still be race right?

Recruits... :ascared
Applicants... :(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »
If recruits wanted to be on the show in the first place they would've applied. I get that some recruits end up being great but lots of them are duds.

Also that sounds quite ominous Peach!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2015, 03:21:24 PM »
Also that sounds quite ominous Peach!

And for TAR26, if it weren't for the hilarity of Hayley & Blair, the cast would've been a dud as well.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2015, 03:23:44 PM »
Eh that hilarity is debatable

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2015, 05:24:38 PM »
As long as Lerner and Rowe are on season 28 I'll be happy  :funny: :funny: :funny: :trampb: :cheer:
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Online I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2015, 07:36:56 PM »

But spending a bunch of energy on heavily RECRUITING a season when you have so many people APPLYING that would be fabulous....  :duno:

Do you have some inside info? Are we sure that TAR28 will be "themed season"?

(I hope this question isn't inappropriate.)