Author Topic: TARCHINA 2--SHOW DISCUSSION *spoilers*  (Read 91663 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TARCHINA 2--SHOW DISCUSSION *spoilers*
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2015, 01:59:15 AM »
Thank you kind sir!

Has Xiao Yang seriously done all four Roadblocks?? I know this is true for the males of the co-ed teams because #celebrities, but him too??

Also, what was priz?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:35:14 AM by GB »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2015, 01:44:16 PM »
Thanks Oost!! And :bigwelcome to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2015, 05:47:08 PM »
A pretty good Leg.  I like the modified bubble bull task from TAR24.  The soccer was more interesting than TAR Canada's Road Block lol And the tomatoes were great.
But the REAL bull side of the Detour! WOW! That was insane! You'll never see that on TARUS, that's for sure lol

Was the starting task officially a Double Battle/Versus?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2015, 10:19:24 PM »
The bull task was copied and slightly modified from HaMerotz LaMillion 3. In both cases, they used an adolescent bull. However, in this version the bull also had its horns cut down to stubs so they couldn't do damage, while I don't think this was done in the Israel race.

I like how in the blind soccer task, they actually forbid them to do "The Hop", as invented by Nick & Matt.

The girls had to flip the same hourglass that the chopstick bros. had to flip, so I would definitely say it was a Face Off.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2015, 04:39:43 PM »
Can someone do me a favour and go back to check episode 2? I really can't believe that the rules of this race would allow Xiao Yang to do ALL FIVE of the Roadblocks so far. Can someone make sure that he actually elected to do the one in Cairns?

ALSO, if anyone feels like a geography challenge, try to find the lilac field? I saw where their little Google Earth map went, but I think the editor made a mistake. The little icon flies over to Cabrières-d'Avignon, but when it zooms in it seems to be in a completely different place because I can't find that specific area anywhere around Cabrières-d'Avignon.

Does anyone know the Roadblock prompt? I don't think any of the teams read it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:23:31 PM by GB »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2015, 09:17:28 PM »
Kim Jong Kook and Lee Kwang Soo seemed to be coming up as an intruder team -.-

Derpy.

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2015, 11:40:44 PM »
[The contents of this post have been deleted!]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:15:25 AM by KillThisAccount »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
Hi, I'll be late in watching this episode and updating the wiki because I will be out of town for the weekend.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »
That was terrible. I hated everything about that.

This season was going so well, but this is just awful. These intruder teams are completely ridiculous. The Yuans can win the race now and get the same grand prize, and they would only have to run half of the race. HOW is that fair in any way? I absolutely cannot stand it when shows do this. What makes them so goddamn special to get this kind of treatment?

And on top of that, the leg was lacking both a Detour and Roadblock, meaning that there was almost no CHOICES to be made. TAR is all about making choices, but teams didn't choose the Detour, they didn't choose the Roadblock performer, and they didn't even have to choose which way to go; the whole leg was within a small nature reserve.

AND to top it all off, we have the greatest race sin of all time. NO LUCK TASKS RIGHT BEFORE THE PIT STOP. How difficult is it to grasp that? I am absolutely not impressed by this.

---

Is the notion of "Come in first or second, or be eliminated" still true for this intruder team, or did something change?

What is the name of the "Sponsor Water"?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »
I just checked Wikipedia for this Leg and omg I don't even understand! lol Sounds crazy.  Very strange.

Anyway, are the sibling intruders celebrities?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »
I just checked Wikipedia for this Leg and omg I don't even understand! lol Sounds crazy.  Very strange.

*Cartoon slap* You should be checking our wiki instead. Most of the international versions on Wikipedia were written by me, and I've stopped making them because of the idiots over there. There is a much more full description of the leg over on our wiki.  :conf:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2015, 03:02:03 AM »
This season was going so well, but this is just awful. These intruder teams are completely ridiculous. The Yuans can win the race now and get the same grand prize, and they would only have to run half of the race. HOW is that fair in any way? I absolutely cannot stand it when shows do this. What makes them so goddamn special to get this kind of treatment?

I think 16 seasons of BBUK have made me not care about intruders winning, and I mean they ain't winning now so. I frankly have more of an issue with the tasks in the last two legs than the leg structure itself (<3 ostrich racing <3 aside).
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2015, 03:27:58 AM »

*Cartoon slap* You should be checking our wiki instead. Most of the international versions on Wikipedia were written by me, and I've stopped making them because of the idiots over there. There is a much more full description of the leg over on our wiki.  :conf:

No, I mean, how in the world can a Leg of just Intersected Double Battles work? That sounded like a mess.  And it looked like one too after I watched it lol

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2015, 04:44:12 AM »

I think they're the children of a famous martial artist.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »

I think they're the children of a famous martial artist.
the sister was once the beauty queen in HK and she had participated several TV dramas / movies in rhe early 2000s

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2015, 10:20:28 PM »
Is there no episode this week?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »

Here's the Roadblock prompt. Can someone write it out kplzthnx?

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2015, 01:53:46 AM »

谁想步步高升 Who wants to step high
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2015, 02:16:09 AM »
Looks like everyone's pretty much abandoned ship, huh?

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2015, 04:25:57 AM »
Actually it means, Who wants to climb higher/furthur

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2015, 01:04:43 AM »
What aired instead of TAR China the two weeks it took off?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2015, 06:41:02 PM »
Well, it's over. Yay? Great visuals, mostly great tasks, STUPID design...  Would this not have been like five times better if Team Orange and Team Running Man had started from leg 1 like everyone else?

I think this is the Roadblock prompt? Confirm? If so, please write it out?

Also, folks I'm still looking for someone to tell me what the prizes at the end of each leg are (including the final leg). I have no idea, and the Chinese Wikipedia only has the first two legs.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2015, 07:11:53 PM »
I'm still here! I still watch! I just can't help and I actually mostly depend on Wiki to understand the **** that's going down lol
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2015, 03:43:10 AM »
Th task design for the finale is great, even better than some of the recent seasons of US

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2015, 02:51:42 AM »
Finally saw that the finale was uploaded to YouTube.

But like last year, Ouch! It's kinda awkward how not all the eliminated teams are at the Finish Line.  Only 2 teams made it this year?  :(