Author Topic: TARCHINA 2--SHOW DISCUSSION *spoilers*  (Read 91667 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TARCHINA 2--SHOW DISCUSSION *spoilers*
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 11:26:37 PM »
I thought the "!" things popping up on screen were penalties for teams picking a Detour without getting the clue first, haha. Now I see what happened.

So I was right about the spear task. I just thought it was really weird that the second one was worth five points when they need to get six :/

Wait, did Xiao Yang really do today's Roadblock? I thought it was his partner...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:19:47 AM by GB »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Derpy.

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
[The contents of this post have been deleted!]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:12:29 AM by KillThisAccount »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 10:49:04 PM »
Wait, did Xiao Yang really do today's Roadblock? I thought it was his partner...

It looked like they changed their minds even after revealing the clue which should be a violation of the rules but their quitting negates it anyway.

That's a scenario that's never happened on an Amazing Race before, so not even sure what kind of penalty it would carry.

Derpy.

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 02:22:11 AM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:12:41 AM by KillThisAccount »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »
TAR China S2 Leg 3
Note : All teams start the leg with no money
           They can only gain money during the detour of this leg
           A 15-min penality will be issued to team for each time they get money from others outside of the detour

Active route marker 1 :
Scrub each other with the soap until the soap was worn away to reveal a picture, which is teams' next destination (same location & task as TAR 21 Leg 6 detour & TAR Aus 2 Leg 6)
Note : teams are only allowed to scrub the skin of each other, otherwise they must redo the task again

Detour :
Perform on street or Shop Shine
Teams can choose either way to gain 40 Turkish lir
Once they get more than 40 lir, they can get their next clue
Note 1 : Teams are allowed to gain more than 40 lir during the detour, they can keep the excess money they gain for this leg of the race
Note 2 : Once teams get their next clue, they are not allowed to gain any more money
Note 3 : For the teams choosing performing on street, the money they receive can only be coins but not banknote

Roadblock :
One team member must ascend an castle in 5 minutes
Otherwise, their teammate will be dropped into muddy water

Active Route Marker 2:
Banlance simit bagels on team members' heads and deliver the bagels to 3 different locations (same task as TAR 21 Leg 6 Detour)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:27:54 PM by cbacbacba1 »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »
Detour choice :

Perform on street :
Xiao Yang & Wang Taili, Han Geng & Wu Xin, Deng Ziqi & Zhang Yunjing, Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao    

Shoe Shine :
Zeng Zhiwei & Zeng Baoyi

Roadblock Performmer:
Zeng Zhiwei, Ding Zigao, Zhang Yunjing
(Not sure for the other two)

Pit-stop order :
1.Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao
2. Han Geng & Wu Xin
3. Zeng Zhiwei & Zeng Baoyi
4. Xiao Yang & Wang Taili
5. Deng Ziqi & Zhang Yunjing (Non-elimination)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Derpy.

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 04:33:38 AM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:12:56 AM by KillThisAccount »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 07:51:16 AM »
Thanks for the updates cbacbacba1!!!   :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »
Is this a double-length leg or a No-rest Pit Stop with two legs? (Though there technically is a rest). Do the girls get a Speed Bump?

To me, it looks like a No-Rest Leg, like TAR18 and on. Double-length legs have generally been retired.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 03:50:50 PM »
This was a great Leg! I loved all the tasks. The Road Block was especially impossible lol
The no money/no begging was interesting too. So teams actually hitched rides in private vehicles?! 
Plus it appears they stayed in people's homes for the night, a la Airbnb? Interesting!

I still think TAR China is the most visually appealing current TAR. They have some amazing cinematography and the quality is very film like, just like TARAu was. 

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 03:50:58 PM »
This was a great Leg! I loved all the tasks. The Road Block was especially impossible lol
The no money/no begging was interesting too. So teams actually hitched rides in private vehicles?! 
Plus it appears they stayed in people's homes for the night, a la Airbnb? Interesting!

I still think TAR China is the most visually appealing current TAR. They have some amazing cinematography and the quality is very film like, just like TARAu was.

Yeah, teams had to pick from five available residential homes when they reached the KOR Pit Stop. The girls got the one left over, which was a convenience store XD

Yeah, just like China Rush before it, hitchhiking is legal in this season as long as another mode of transportation isn't specified. (GOTTA DRIVE THOSE INFINITIS!!!)

TAR China is probably so visually appealing because they don't cut out the production crews. Since they don't have to throw away like 30% of shots just because there's a crewmember or a cameraman in view means that they have a lot more amazing visuals to work with. TAR US needs to adopt this.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2015, 01:59:20 AM »
Yeah, teams had to pick from five available residential homes when they reached the KOR Pit Stop. The girls got the one left over, which was a convenience store XD

Yeah, just like China Rush before it, hitchhiking is legal in this season as long as another mode of transportation isn't specified. (GOTTA DRIVE THOSE INFINITIS!!!)

TAR China is probably so visually appealing because they don't cut out the production crews. Since they don't have to throw away like 30% of shots just because there's a crewmember or a cameraman in view means that they have a lot more amazing visuals to work with. TAR US needs to adopt this.
YES!!!!

Derpy.

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 11:13:37 PM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:14:20 AM by KillThisAccount »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 11:37:46 PM »
I first thought the leg was too physically demanding,which will be unfair to female teams.
I am shocked when the female teams become the winner of the leg

Derpy.

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2015, 11:55:35 PM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:14:38 AM by KillThisAccount »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2015, 06:35:31 PM »
They gave up on the bed and breakfast task?

What.

Derpy.

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2015, 11:18:02 PM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:15:40 AM by KillThisAccount »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »
What was the task the Father and Daughter didn't complete?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »
Unless I'm not understanding something, they didn't want to sleep at one of the five residential addresses during the night before their flight to central Turkey. (IE, Bed & Breakfast) The girls got the convenience store floor, and everyone else got to sleep in someone's house, but Father/Daughter chose not to and got a penalty that eliminated them??

Seriously, what.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »
Unless I'm not understanding something, they didn't want to sleep at one of the five residential addresses during the night before their flight to central Turkey. (IE, Bed & Breakfast) The girls got the convenience store floor, and everyone else got to sleep in someone's house, but Father/Daughter chose not to and got a penalty that eliminated them??

Seriously, what.
Yeah, that's what I understood too, but it didn't make sense to me. lol

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2015, 04:45:02 AM »
By the way, the map on episode 4 was totally wrong. Waaaay off with most of their locations.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2015, 11:47:30 PM »
Man, what is going on with this race? Are these supposed 'intruders' coming or not?

Here's the Roadblock prompt, can someone write it out in Chinese? Thanks.

Offline Oost

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2015, 12:31:03 AM »
Man, what is going on with this race? Are these supposed 'intruders' coming or not?

Here's the Roadblock prompt, can someone write it out in Chinese? Thanks.
谁想穿上红装