Author Topic: BB18 Casting Questions  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BB18 Casting Questions
« on: September 12, 2015, 06:25:02 PM »
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the season on television. Let's say it's been a summer I'd like to forget. Other than that...

I got word that casting is officially on for BB18. (Okay, I didn't get direct word. Someone who paid attention to one of the shows within the last seven days heard it himself.) I want to apply for the next season, but there are a couple of questions I want to ask regarding it.

I think the major thing I want to know is this: Are my mental health issues really going to be a hindrance when it comes to the casting process? What I have isn't ever going to be cured, but it is controllable by medications. Would they deny me because of this, or would it help that I'm taking meds in order to prevent the illness from getting worse (which would only happen if I was off of them for a few months).

The other thing I'm worried about is the fact that I'm trying to pay a debt off. Let's just say that somehow, I make it to the last part of the casting process. They look over my background and make sure I am who I say I am. Would they use the fact that collectors are on my case to boot me at the last minute? I would still be paying off the money I owe next year, so I'm kind of concerned.

Thanks for the insight. (Also: The terms say I might need a passport for documentation purposes. Would I need one?)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: BB18 Casting Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 11:29:24 AM »
I'd say give it a shot! You surely won't get casted if you never try. Every year there are HGs who take meds and they are called to the DR to get them. I don't see that as a problem. Also, we don't know what they are taking unless the person tells other HGs and they tell someone else or we overhear it. No one needs to know what you are taking or why.

About the debt, arrangements can be made to continue paying it even if you are in the house. HGs get a stipend so that should be easy to arrange. You could ask how it is paid so you could take care of it while in the house.

The passport would be easy to get, they can be walked through if need be. (Fast way,)  Make sure you have all the needed paperwork. You need a current photo and birth certificate for sure.  (Google it to see what all is needed.)

Go for it Mandy, it would be a lifetime adventure if you make it on the show! You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain if you make it into the house!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:39:02 AM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.