Author Topic: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 116951 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #450 on: November 14, 2015, 09:14:04 PM »
Do you really think I will stop watching? *rolleyes*

My deeper question is, what happened, Tanner and Josh? It just seems that after using the Express Pass wrongly, they went for a straight decline.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #451 on: November 14, 2015, 09:20:07 PM »
They're recruits, remember? Casting randomly contacted them on Facebook to do the race. Maybe they didn't do their homework.

I'm surprised, too. For the first 4 legs they looked like they'd be running neck-and-neck with Justin & Diana all season. Now after 4 legs of steady decline, here they are with a Speed Bump hanging over their heads.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #452 on: November 14, 2015, 09:49:59 PM »
They're recruits, remember? Casting randomly contacted them on Facebook to do the race. Maybe they didn't do their homework.

I'm surprised, too. For the first 4 legs they looked like they'd be running neck-and-neck with Justin & Diana all season. Now after 4 legs of steady decline, here they are with a Speed Bump hanging over their heads.

I'm a little surprised myself but not too upset.  But I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do their homework enough and that's why they're in a straight decline.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #453 on: November 15, 2015, 12:57:10 AM »
remember that Tanner is injured, that may be playing a role in some of their choices.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #454 on: November 15, 2015, 01:26:17 AM »
I think the editing has fallen to the point that it's forcing us TAR fans to watch CBS Secret Scenes just to get context.

There has been NOTHING in the episodes proper to show Tiffany & Krista and Tanner & Josh being friends, but on Secret Scenes they have been working together since the second and third leg as well as helping each other in Amsterdam.

I don't know, having to watch bonuses online, with no music and no proper editing, just to get a full story arc of the season is really really dumb.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #455 on: November 15, 2015, 07:35:16 AM »
I think the editing has fallen to the point that it's forcing us TAR fans to watch CBS Secret Scenes just to get context.

There has been NOTHING in the episodes proper to show Tiffany & Krista and Tanner & Josh being friends, but on Secret Scenes they have been working together since the second and third leg as well as helping each other in Amsterdam.

I don't know, having to watch bonuses online, with no music and no proper editing, just to get a full story arc of the season is really really dumb.
It bothers me too, but maybe bc their small alliance has nothing to do with the outcome so they don't bother focusing on it? Just like how they didn't show any of Kerri & Stacy's drama in TAR 20 :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #456 on: November 15, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »

It bothers me too, but maybe bc their small alliance has nothing to do with the outcome so they don't bother focusing on it? Just like how they didn't show any of Kerri & Stacy's drama in TAR 20 :lol:

OMG YES LIKE THEM KERRI & STACY :torche

Very very underappreciated team, especially from TAR20's edit :( (Thankfully it was still during the decent TAR editing era)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #457 on: November 15, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »

Very very underappreciated team, especially from TAR20's edit :( (Thankfully it was still during the decent TAR editing era)

Yeah TAR 20's cast was... something. But it's too bad all the early boots got invisible edits because the Final 4 was all  blahblah

The fact that they don't show Tiffany & Krista's / Josh & Tanner's alliance upsets me. Does this mean neither of them win or

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #458 on: November 15, 2015, 08:22:36 AM »

Yeah TAR 20's cast was... something. But it's too bad all the early boots got invisible edits because the Final 4 was all  blahblah

The fact that they don't show Tiffany & Krista's / Josh & Tanner's alliance upsets me. Does this mean neither of them win or

Why the heck are they in the secret scenes? :groan: The only time I saw their alliance was in the spoilers, for the recent Krakow leg. :) If I don't check spoilers, I would not have known.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #459 on: November 15, 2015, 10:56:38 AM »

Maybe it's because the alliance plays no role in getting either or both of them to the finale (more likely Tiffany & Krista make it in that scenario).

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #460 on: November 15, 2015, 11:21:00 PM »
When can we get a Justin-free episode preview?  :stare
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #461 on: November 15, 2015, 11:22:35 PM »
When can we get a Justin-free episode preview?  :stare

Good question! :funny:

By the way, I don't have any hate for Justin, but having him in every episode's preview makes me sick too. It's so obvious how production, and especially the editors, love him. :barf

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #462 on: November 21, 2015, 07:10:51 AM »
i don't know which one i prefer, Justin win this season and never see him again or Justin don't win but CBS bring him back in the future all stars season

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #463 on: November 21, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »
i don't know which one i prefer, Justin win this season and never see him again or Justin don't win but CBS bring him back in the future all stars season

I think having 1 season ruined is better than having 2 seasons ruined. :funny:

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #464 on: November 21, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »
I seriously do not understand the hate on Justin & Diana. It was one thing when Rob & Amber were cocky in All Stars and completely blew it on the 4th leg. Justin & Diana do not talk crap about other team, they have not screwed anyone over, and they consistently play a smart and solid race. They have won 6/9 legs, 2 of the legs they didn't win were 2nd placements, and had they not went for the FF in leg 1, they probably would have won anyways. They are far better than Rachel & Dave in 9 legs. Add that to winning 4 legs consecutively, they are the ultimate powerhouse team, and they have shown no sign of slowing down at all. If you're really upset over the fact that Justin boasts a lot, he has the knowledge and the experience to back it up.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:30:25 PM by Tallguy700 »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #465 on: November 21, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »
I seriously do not understand the hate on Justin & Diana. It was one thing when Rob & Amber were cocky in All Stars and completely blew it on the 4th leg. Justin & Diana do not talk crap about other team, they have not screwed anyone over, and they consistently play a smart and solid race. They have won 6/9 legs, 2 of the legs they didn't win were 2nd placements, and had they not went for the FF in leg 1, they probably would have won anyways. They are far better than Rachel & Dave in 9 legs. Add that to winning 2 legs and 4 legs consecutively, they are the ultimate powerhouse team, and they have shown no sign of slowing down at all. If you're really upset over the fact that Justin boasts a lot, he has the knowledge and the experience to back it up.

I'm not fond of Justin & Diana winning a lot of legs and Justin's laugh and boasting is annoying, but I don't really hate them.

That said, I think a lot of people hate the fact that the production crew focuses on Justin & Diana a lot, almost to the exclusion of other teams.  And more people like underdogs anyway.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #466 on: November 21, 2015, 01:38:28 PM »
Underdog teams are fantastic, don't get me wrong. Seeing Josh & Brent and Amy & maya win after not winning a single leg are real accomplishments. I just cannot see J&D losing the final leg unless it's rigged tbh.   :spy:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #467 on: November 21, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »
delete ; may repost later on
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:28:42 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #468 on: November 21, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »
BARF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #469 on: November 21, 2015, 05:00:54 PM »
I seriously do not understand the hate on Justin & Diana. It was one thing when Rob & Amber were cocky in All Stars and completely blew it on the 4th leg. Justin & Diana do not talk crap about other team, they have not screwed anyone over, and they consistently play a smart and solid race. They have won 6/9 legs, 2 of the legs they didn't win were 2nd placements, and had they not went for the FF in leg 1, they probably would have won anyways. They are far better than Rachel & Dave in 9 legs. Add that to winning 4 legs consecutively, they are the ultimate powerhouse team, and they have shown no sign of slowing down at all. If you're really upset over the fact that Justin boasts a lot, he has the knowledge and the experience to back it up.

Well said. Thank you!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #470 on: November 21, 2015, 05:43:23 PM »
I seriously do not understand the hate on Justin & Diana. It was one thing when Rob & Amber were cocky in All Stars and completely blew it on the 4th leg. Justin & Diana do not talk crap about other team, they have not screwed anyone over, and they consistently play a smart and solid race. They have won 6/9 legs, 2 of the legs they didn't win were 2nd placements, and had they not went for the FF in leg 1, they probably would have won anyways. They are far better than Rachel & Dave in 9 legs. Add that to winning 2 legs and 4 legs consecutively, they are the ultimate powerhouse team, and they have shown no sign of slowing down at all. If you're really upset over the fact that Justin boasts a lot, he has the knowledge and the experience to back it up.

I agree with you, they deserve all of those 1st places. They even deserve more prizes because IIRC two of those wins didn't have a prize.  I don't want to hate them because they are great racers and are running a race with almost no mistakes. They have prepared and are superfans so I should be rooting for them. And they are also enjoying the race and that is awesome so I blame the edit for my dislike to this team.

They have been overedited to the point that is all about them. A little cockiness would be fine if it wasn't shown all the time and more often than not teams at the mat or in confessionals are asked about Justin&Diana instead of their own race.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #471 on: November 21, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »
IDK... Justin is almost cockier than both Art and JJ combined.

During Rotterdam, he kept saying on how if they got to the Detour and another team was there, they would leave in first. There are also 999999 confessionals about him aleays wanting to be in first and when he's not, he'll be really pissed off (see Rotterdam). And on Leg 1, as Reilly Queens mentioned, he was sadder about not winning the leg than being the first team out. WTF?

That's a major problem for me.

I think what I really hate is that he tries so hard to pander to the camera and Diana will just stare there awkwardly :lol: It's never NOT cringeworthy.

I also don't think his superfan status is real AT ALL.

A real Race fan would remember the locations. A real Race fan would remember the bungee on Leg 4 as the first ever task. A real Race fan would have BETTER logic on taking a weather-dependent Fast Forward or U-Turn strategy. And if you really watched all seasons TWICE, that includes TAR24. Really?

Throughout this Race, the people closest to actual real superfans are Kelsey & Joey, because even though it was unaired, in Brazil, Kelsey mentioned how happy she was to be in it like TAR2 and to see two of the original locations, they had a U-Turn confessional with 100000% more logic than anything Justin has said, and when they checked in India Joey remembered TAR1 and how they ran around those same exact grounds and how happy he was to do it himself.

Just my two cents and something to think about when "superfans" are castes. Tim/Marie pretended to be fans to get cast. What's Justin then?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:04:33 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #472 on: November 21, 2015, 07:09:07 PM »
I never remember what season/leg/task was when or what detour/RB/Uturn was best. Thank goodness for our wiki!!

But superfan I am....   Just saying.

And remember...editors get what they want.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #473 on: November 21, 2015, 07:10:13 PM »
Who cares if he's a real superfan or not? Either way, he gets on my nerves a lot.

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #474 on: November 21, 2015, 07:18:03 PM »
I never remember what season/leg/task was when or what detour/RB/Uturn was best. Thank goodness for our wiki!!

But superfan I am....   Just saying.

And remember...editors get what they want.
While I agree that robotic memorization does not make one a superfan, it doesn't make sense that someone who just watched all seasons 2-3 times would not remember certain events, especially during Leg 1 when there's little fatigue, just adrenaline. Justin should have at least remembered that TAR2 went to Rio, as did TAR18, but he made no mention of it. Additionally, TAR23 only aired two years ago, and if someone studied the race as carefully as Justin says he did, he should know that no Fast Forward is a guarantee, therefore caution would be needed, and that a FF dealing with air would have to depend on the wind conditions.
I don't care if he is a superfan or not, but because it's brought up by editing and himself so often, I would like some concrete proof to that claim.
Watching the Race every night does not alone make one a superfan.
Memorizing facts about the race is not required to make one a superfan.
And, most importantly, racing super well does not make one a superfan.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax