Author Topic: TAR 27 INTRO  (Read 17523 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 INTRO
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 11:18:50 PM »
Cap 4, 5 : The turbo jet ferry in Hong Kong (to Macau)
Cap 17-19 : The Peak in Hong Kong
Cap 32 - 35 : Nathan Road, Mong Kok District in Hong Kong (Daytime) (One of the busiest street in Hong Kong)
Cap 46 : Pedestrian zone in Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mong Kok District in Hong Kong (Nightime)

Yet, there is no single cap for the Peninsula Hotel

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 02:29:05 AM »
#67 KPN Tower (Rotterdam).

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 10:08:58 AM »

#73  Quadriga chariot and four horses statue by Recipon at Grand Palais in Paris  link

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 10:20:26 AM »

#44 - 45  a typical Buenos Aires street/boulevard ('Frogger' view)   :funny:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »

#44 - 45  a typical Buenos Aires street/boulevard ('Frogger' view)   :funny:

44-45 are Buenos Aires.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2015, 10:44:19 AM »
Cap 4, 5 : The turbo jet ferry in Hong Kong (to Macau)
Cap 17-19 : The Peak in Hong Kong
Cap 32 - 35 : Nathan Road, Mong Kok District in Hong Kong (Daytime) (One of the busiest street in Hong Kong)
Cap 46 : Pedestrian zone in Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mong Kok District in Hong Kong (Nightime)

Yet, there is no single cap for the Peninsula Hotel

I've been dying to see Hong Kong featured in the new intro :hearts: I hope the MK shots mean they went there :hearts:

Add: Cap 46 is more specifically on Shantung Street, with Ladies Market ahead (attached image from Google Maps Street View).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:12:39 AM by realshowfan »
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2015, 02:47:27 PM »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 03:02:10 PM »
My bad, I shouldn't react with you that way.

About the Citroën... I guess is somewhere in the zone of the neighborhoods of Saavedra, Núñez or Belgrano. The graffiti on the wall corresponds to a third division soccer team, Club Atlético Defensores de Belgrano, that is located here:

https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Club+Atl%C3%A9tico+Defensores+de+Belgrano/@-34.5406031,-58.4635593,706m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x240e9931ee5a38d2

That is the intersection of Del Libertador Av. and Cdr. M. Rivadavia Av in the neighborhood of Saavedra. Interesting is that if you go south on Del Libertador Av. you can find the Campo Argentino de Polo and the Monumento a España, spotted on the Intro and the Season Preview.

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2015, 05:44:09 PM »
25-27 may be Pedra Bonita, Rio de Janeiro.

Using the same flight equipment.
#TheMockingjayLives

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2015, 06:04:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking the same; it's not much to go on, but the ramps look similar (original photo)(location). Didn't they do this in TAR2? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »
#23-24 are the rafts seen crossing the Zambezi river at the Zambezi River Lodge, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.

Spoilers here: LINK
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2015, 09:19:43 PM »
Didn't they do this in TAR2? ???
Yes, the same location and I believe the same task.
#TheMockingjayLives

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2015, 09:54:34 PM »
Was taking a look at the passport stamps:

We've got stamps from Hong Kong, Macau, France, and Brazil, but there's also a Schengen visa and a German exit stamp, probably collected when flying out of Schengen through a German hub?

The most prominent date is that for Hong Kong, with an entry stamp dated 19 Apr 2015, three months before the racers passed through. Might have been a production run.

Slightly strange that they got passport stamps for Hong Kong and Macau in the first place; I thought they discontinued stamping passports back in 2013.

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 09:59:02 PM »
36 is Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Monumento a la Carta Magna/EL Monumento de los Espanoles.

http://wikimapia.org/82764/Monumento-a-la-Carta-Magna-y-las-cuatro-regiones-Argentinas

#TheMockingjayLives

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2015, 10:36:06 PM »
Was taking a look at the passport stamps:

We've got stamps from Hong Kong, Macau, France, and Brazil, but there's also a Schengen visa and a German exit stamp, probably collected when flying out of Schengen through a German hub?

The most prominent date is that for Hong Kong, with an entry stamp dated 19 Apr 2015, three months before the racers passed through. Might have been a production run.

Slightly strange that they got passport stamps for Hong Kong and Macau in the first place; I thought they discontinued stamping passports back in 2013.

What did we decide last time about these? I was thinking they were not a real match...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2015, 04:26:44 PM »
The producers collect visas for more countries than are planned, and this would include backup legs that they may need to use during filming. We cannot assume that Hong Kong Macau was planned as leg 11, it may in fact have been one of the backup legs for which a visa sheet or stamp was required for the Racers' passports.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »
)n an unrelated point -- the soundtrack of the theme for the intro is yet another new variation with percussion/cymbals being quite prominent in the sound. I've lost countof how many, but IIRC, this is now the fifth variation we've had of the theme music.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2015, 04:34:14 PM »
The producers collect visas for more countries than are planned, and this would include backup legs that they may need to use during filming. We cannot assume that Hong Kong Macau was planned as leg 11, it may in fact have been one of the backup legs for which a visa sheet or stamp was required for the Racers' passports.

Always remember Chuck & Wynona outside the travel agency in Vietnam reading all the stamps until they found the correct one (Botswana) that allowed them to enter the place and book the corresponding tickets.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2015, 08:46:20 PM »
From E
But that's not all! We also have a bonus treat for fans of another long-running CBS reality hit, The Amazing Race. Another group of eleven teams will jet-set around the world, gathering stamps in their passports as they hope to win the $1 million prize, and you can see them all—plus some of their destinations—in the main titles for season 27.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2015, 02:44:45 AM »
#59 This is Overwaard Molen #1, part of the Kinderdijk complex southeast of Rotterdam. The white railing, the orange and brown rooftops and the window configuration on the "molen" look the same. If you turn the camera around here you can see it's at the entrance to the museum. (Boingo had this upstream, just adding the camera)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:00:38 AM by Slowhatch »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2015, 03:40:17 AM »
If you didn't know with those caps, numbers 42-43 are rock near Urca beach in Rio de Janeiro, and 51-52 are Delta Airlines plane at Terminal 5 of Los Angeles International Airport, the plane itself preparing to leave.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »
... Got it! .....    :yess:

#3  RER B (Airport Shuttle) train (Paris), possibly at the Charles De Gaulle Airport station or less likely Orly Airport (known as OrlyVal train).  Takes you to central Paris.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:11:55 PM by Boingo »