Author Topic: Amazing Race 27 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 161792 times)

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
According to Adam Wong's post,He has arrived in Macau
In theory,there should be two possibilities
1.Teams have finished the task and go back to hk
2.Teams just touch down hk and go to macau immediately

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We know they got a clue at Peninsula Hotel so no just touch down.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
I have asked some of the local vendor and the staff members of the star ferry
They. Said they hadn't seen any westerners with crew following this morning

I am now leaving the star ferry after having been waiting for 2 hours,sorry :'(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:59:43 AM by cbacbacba1 »

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
I have asked some of the local vendor and the staff members of the star ferry
They. Said they hadn't seen any westerners with crew following this morning

I am now leaving the star ferry after having been waiting for 2 hours,sorry :'(

Well if they went to Macau this morning the possible piers are either Sheung Wan at Hong Kong Island side or China Hong Kong City at Kowloon side, only go to Sheung Wan they need to take Star Ferry. Given that they were at the Peninsula Hotel this morning I would say maybe they go to China Hong Kong City which is just a few blocks from Peninsula Hotel instead.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
So is there any other clues for me to chase them

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member

Nope my friend only saw them when she took bus on the way to working this morning, so no other details. There's a guy on Twitter saying he saw teams at ferry pier, maybe better to confirm with him which pier he's referring to

I also want to help out the chase, only 1 and a half hour later when I can get off work!!

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member

Nope my friend only saw them when she took bus on the way to working this morning, so no other details. There's a guy on Twitter saying he saw teams at ferry pier, maybe better to confirm with him which pier he's referring to

I also want to help out the chase, only 1 and a half hour later when I can get off work!!
I know there are different piers in Central
Including Macau,Cheung Chau island(S17) etc

But most likely is Macau,isn't it?

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF

I know there are different piers in Central
Including Macau,Cheung Chau island(S17) etc

But most likely is Macau,isn't it?

peach said they are in Macau and probably coming back to HK tonight or tomorrow early morning to catch a flight to the final destination city. They might be taking ferries directly to the airport (which is in an area  the public would have no access to) or (with a smaller chance) to Sheung Wan.
TARV5: Ultimate Evil
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Per the original ferry sighter Adam, teams took turbojet to Macau, not Star Ferry. He is also in Macau now and confirms teams did arrive there.

That is all I have right now...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
Assume Peninsula Hotel is the first destination when they touch down HK
There are some choices to choose from

MTR
Drop off at Kowloon Sation

BUS(A21)
0800-0000 10-15 mins a bus
Salisbury Road bus stop is the closest bus stop to Peninsula Hotel

Offline muninayo

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • meow
Calvin 'Joko' Lana ‏@travilana  6m6 minutes ago
Spotted some camera crew at HKIA. Amazing race, maybe?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
WELCOME TO TAR 27 FINALE DAY!

Who will win the $1 Million  TODAY?

Where will PHIL be standing TODAY?

Stay Tuned!

Historical Image TAR 19 in Atlanta
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Photos taken yesterday at about 0615 at HKIA. Great thanks to @travilani for an awesome day!

Many thanks too to cbacbacba1, serendipity, Vicdemort, & Parovic for their support and efforts!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:16:06 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My friend just saw teams outside the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong!! She said she saw a green team holding a clue with cameramen, no further details yet..
  :hearts:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More Hong Kong sightings !!  :hearts:
Tsim Sha Tsui ! Credits to Iam Tommy Ckf

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:03:49 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Just in case you were doubting:

Today IS Finale Day! 100%
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
Josh'n ‏@techman01  · 3m3 minutes ago 
@MissCleoBB the amazing race finishes filming today. final 3 teams headed to hamptons, long island right now. were in nyc earlier.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Josh'n ‏@techman01 38s38 seconds ago
@Evan71788 @MissCleoBB final 3 amazing race teams were at Belmont and after done there taken by helicopter to Hamptons (fam works there)
1:55 PM - 14 Jul 2015

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
New York confirmed.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nothing too exciting to post but, some followups instead .........
June 23rd Rio! " The Amazing Race was filming here! One of the most incredible places I've ever seen in this world — at Mirante Do Pão De Açúcar."

Phil in Paris with some fans

^

+ picture attached: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJqT3HjW8AAQOcO.jpg

Asked for more info.

Is that one of Tanner & Josh and Tiffanny & Krista? A roadblock in action perhaps? ???
More Krakow ....

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If there was any doubt about the race ending yesterday, here's some confirmation:

Michael Manard ‏@Manard81 8h8 hours ago
Just talked to my brother for the first time in a month. Can wait to see him tomorrow and can't wait to watch him on The Amazing Race!!!
12:03 AM - 15 Jul 2015

This appears to be the brother of Alex Manard (@ManardAlex).

Offline travilana

• RFF Not So Newbie

Photos taken yesterday at about 0615 at HKIA. Great thanks to @travilani for an awesome day!

Thanks for posting these, Peach! Glad to know I helped for some reason (although the upcoming info I got was too late considering the race is already over). Anyway, this how things went on that morning:

It was a few minutes after 6 AM. I found that counter on Aisle E, which was very strange. CX counters can only be found on Aisles A to C, and D on rarer occasions. My years for working at HKIA, and I have NEVER seen a CX counter on aisle E. They even put a "for people with disabilities only" at the start of the line. :funny:

Ok, so I was gonna sit by the nearby bench to observe, when suddenly /////// & /////// ran past by me! (I felt goosebumps haha) They checked-in all their backpacks, and. they took about 10 mins in the counter before they stepped aside to say something for the camera; you know, things like "We're very excited/we know we could win this/blah blah blah." After that, they went to immigration, and I wasn't able to follow them anymore.

In the picture I posted, there's a man in black, a woman in a black dress, and the CX lady. They wrapped up everything in that counter after that team checked in, so I assumed all the remaining teams are already waiting by the gate. The three walked together, until the black dress woman parted ways with the two. I approached her and this is how our conversation went (note that I was wearing very civilian clothes to avoid suspicion):

Me: Excuse me, do you speak English? (had to pretend I was not a Hongkie lmao)
Woman: Yes, why?
Me: That "team", do you know where they're going?
Woman: (long pause) ... What?
Me: That "team". Where are they flying to?
Woman: (long pause) ... Oh, they're flying to the US!
Me: Oh, I see, but which city?
Woman: (long pause) ... Oh I dunno, maybe JFK?

I thanked her and quickly got out of there. Part of me felt like she was bluffing, but she talked to me very nervously. She said JFK instead of plainly saying New York (thinking that I have no idea about IATA codes), and that raised suspicion if she was actually telling the truth. I eventually found out that she was telling the truth, thanks an anonymous source in that flight; too bad I got the info very late.

.. and that's about it! I'm still in the process of finding out who the complete top teams are though. This season's gonna be exciting, nevertheless!

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
adding one more Krakow photo

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not sure this should be here, since it's a negative response, but it was worth a try:

Plaid Moon ‏@Plaidmoon 5h5 hours ago
@olv Amazing Race filmed yesterday in NYC area, maybe in the Hamptons. Do you know any locations? Permits for CBS or World Race Productions?

olv @olv 51m ago
@Plaidmoon I havent sen anything but will keep an eye out

olv stands for on location vacations and they tweet about where various movie and television shows are filming each day.

Offline bandsofblue

• RFF Not So Newbie
Great route!  Any word on NYC locations or tasks?  With all the throwback themes this year, did they work in Flushing Meadows like the first route marker of TAR25?  It'll be tough to top the excellently-designed final leg of TAR21 in my opinion.

We don't know...yet. No pics. Based on one (unverified) twitterer, Belmont and Long Island and the Hamptons were discussed. Still lots to spoil! But yes, definitely NYC area.

I've waited forever to finally be able to post something of contribution, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but my dad told me today that they were filming for The Amazing Race out in Hampton Bays, NY. The teams were completing some sort helicopter challenge over the water.