Author Topic: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 329258 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2015, 03:34:12 PM »
Looks light we're going to go east this cycle, with a West Coast/Alaska/Hawaii finish. First time we get S. America back-to-back. Given the trend of recent seasons, the second leg is also likely to be in Brazil.

I will update this as the race continues throughout, but I speculate that we're looking at a TAR 23 style route: S. America -> Europe -> Asia. Given the recent outbreak, the only way that Africa could fit in is Gran Canaria or Cape Verde, but I wouldn't expect it.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2015, 04:20:09 PM »
Oceania is due a visit

Offline csrosen93

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2015, 04:59:57 PM »
I could see this being the reverse of TAR18:

Leg 1: Rio de Janeiro
Leg 2: Somewhere else in Brazil (personally I'd love to see an Amazon leg)
Leg 3: Western Europe (most likely England or France)
Leg 4: Second European country
Leg 5: Second leg in European country #2
Leg 6: Third European country
Leg 7: India
Leg 8: Second leg in India
Leg 9: Southeast Asia or China
Leg 10: China or Japan
Leg 11: Australia (most likely Sydney; NZ is unlikely IMO as they just visited it in TAR22)
Final leg: West coast (my bet is on San Francisco)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
Ooh. The Delta flight from ATL is scheduled to leave and get to Rio even earlier,
potentially giving a bigger lead to that first couple. Wait and see tomorrow.

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2015, 08:35:26 PM »
http://jetsetlife.tv/travel/rio-de-janeiro-guidebook-2/

Seems Lagoa Heliport is a popular place from which to take helicopter tours of the city.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »
They would have to Brazil now because next year they would not be able to due to the Olympics

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »
Remember that last year there was also the World Cup; so the moment to go on this time of the year had to be this one.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2015, 09:40:40 PM »
There would hope to have a Middle East leg, probably between legs 7 and 8, Israel could be the most likely country to visit and its being overlooked for the American Race, and no more countries outlying in the Arabian Peninsula. It will be a standard 4-continent race (N. America, S. America, Europe, Asia).

Also, it would have a second Brazilian leg and love to visit Belo Horizonte, just not as far from Rio.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:47:42 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2015, 09:45:25 PM »
http://www.rioloft.com/rio-guide/activities/helicopter-tour/

"Once in your life you must fly over Rio! From the sky the city is simply sublime, with its green cliffs and islands against the blue of the Ocean. Helicopter tours last from 6 to 60 minutes and leave from Lagoa.

The basic helicopter tour fly over the lagoon, Ipanema and Copacabana beaches, the Sugarloaf and, of course, the statue of Christ the Redeemer. Longer trips also fly over Pedra da Gávea and Tijuca Forest.

- See more at: http://www.rioloft.com/rio-guide/activities/helicopter-tour/#sthash.hvaEPKhO.dpuf"

Could there be a task involving looking out for their clue?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »
Remember that last year there was also the World Cup; so the moment to go on this time of the year had to be this one.

I made the same point in another thread earlier, but that's OK. It bears repeating. And for those wanting to rule out Africa, Rio and Sao Paulo IIRC have a direct flight to Johannesburg, South Africa, and I don't know of any reason why another visit there is out of the question.

There would hope to have a Middle East leg, probably between legs 7 and 8, Israel could be the most likely country to visit and its being overlooked for the American Race, and no more countries outlying in the Arabian Peninsula. It will be a standard 4-continent race (N. America, S. America, Europe, Asia).

Also, it would have a second Brazilian leg and love to visit Belo Horizonte, just not as far from Rio.

It's very difficult to see where in the "Middle East" the mothership can go at the moment with MERS, and ISIS, both being serious problems for US travelers to contend with. Israel is a security issue, since Tel Aviv is the only way in or out by air; and things could heat up from Gaza or the West Bank at a moment's notice. If they're ever able to pull that off, I'd love to see it.
-- theschnauzers

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »
      ->What does this mean in the picture???

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2015, 10:14:04 PM »
Maybe it's Team TMZ reading the clue after the SLT.

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2015, 10:18:42 PM »
Just checked;

The delta flight will be late!

I can't do a screen shot as I am posting from my phone and don't know how to upload it :(

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2015, 10:28:19 PM »
Where did you check?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »
Just checked;

The delta flight will be late!

I can't do a screen shot as I am posting from my phone and don't know how to upload it :(

Is that the 1st flight?  :ascared :o

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45:02 PM »
Checked in Flightstats and Flightaware. Until now, both trackers are giving the info that the Delta flight will arrive earlier than expected. :duno:

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2015, 10:59:18 PM »
I checked it on google search.

Unless this its unreliable?

Offline csrosen93

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2015, 11:12:41 PM »

I'd love to see TAR go to Israel. One leg in Tel Aviv and one in Jerusalem. I went to Israel in 2013 and felt very safe there. Hell, I felt safer in Jerusalem than I have in some parts of NYC.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2015, 01:28:41 AM »
FYI

Looking for webcams in Rio, I came past this site that has many of them; most at well known famous places in town:
www.rioaovivo.com

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2015, 04:29:37 AM »
Checking flight aware........

AA 901   arriving in Rio at approx. 6:05am CDT 8:05am BRT
  possible flight with Phil Bertram and Elise

DL 61  arriving in Rio at approx. 6:26am CDT  8:26am BRT
   possible flight of first place team in water bike race

AA 905   arriving in Rio at approx. 7:03am CDT   9:03 am BRT
  possible flight of remaining 10 teams

Flight Aware arrival times are normally when the planes wheels touch down on the runway....as a reminder. Flight Stats arrival times are normally the arrival of the plane at the gate.

AT Rio airport Terminal 2, clearing immigration can be time consuming, depend on where a team is located in the plane. Clearing customs will be a breeze since teams do have to wait for baggage.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:37:49 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2015, 07:20:46 AM »
If Phil et al are on AA 901 (which is apparently delayed), perhaps their flight is being rerouted?  Google says that it's going to Sao Paolo.

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2015, 07:23:56 AM »
Found on American Airlines website: Plane did stop in Sao Paolo.

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »
Oh wow! What happens at such a time, when the teams arrive hours ahead of the producers??

As an aside; This is my first time following along the actual race in progress as it's being filmed. i am AMAZED at this crackerjack team which rival the CIA.... how the heck do you have teams in all the countries and spies in all the airlines? i am amazed beyond words.

i'm curious how this will affect my enjoyment of the season in October though, if i know all the minute details so much ahead of time. i just started watching TAR a few months ago and marathoned through all the seasons and had no prior knowledge of anything. Knowing all the littlest details before it even airs - i wonder how it'll affect my watching. I'll find out :D I can't wait for the next survivor/TAR season :)!
The World is Waiting For You

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2015, 07:54:37 AM »
http://www.aeroportogaleao.net/en/rio-de-janeiro-galeao-flight-timetable-schedules

According to this website, only the Atlanta flight, the AA 905 Miami flight with teams, and another flight from Houston have made it to Rio.  The other two earlier flights from Miami and another earlier flight from New York haven't made it yet.  Looks like they were possibly all rerouted through Sao Paolo or Brasilia.

Edit: Declive says Phil is there, so somehow they made it!  (Houston flight maybe?)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2015, 08:02:50 AM »
Big Mother, I think you will find that this will enhance your enjoyment of the episodes. Yes, it's a world-wide network now, but it had to build up, over time, especially in the last decade as live blogging, social media and cumulative experiences led to this.

In the early days we had none of this. We had to reconstruct the legs from the episodes as aired, and paid very close attention to every detail. That led to the development of techniques (such as flight schedules) that were easily transferable once it became possible to track the filming in real time. We don't catch every leg or every task or every team, but there have been a few occasions where that has happened. It also helps that TAR is well franchised around the world, and fans of those regional editions join in and contribute when the mothership calls on their country,

As to the instance that almost happened this morning with Phil, Bert and Elise, normally after the first leg, production (including Bert and Elise) take turns going ahead to the next country or the next leg. It has often been the case that teams have raced Phil to the pit stop, forcing Phil to film any missing standups after teams have checked in. It can be a very close call.
-- theschnauzers