Author Topic: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 329186 times)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2015, 10:42:50 AM »
I def wanna see Antarctica, but I don't think it'll ever got the chance to be on the race especially in the recent seasons when they're not likely to go down that south and the lack of budget. Construct a leg in Antarctica would be pretty hard too IMO, the cost of crew and equipment is higher and I'm still not sure what task team can do over there. (Something like Alaska? Or maybe task like the matterhorn on TAR18?)

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2015, 10:56:40 AM »
What would they do in Antarctica. Dig in the snow and break ice.   

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »
They COULD think of tasks to do there.
I mean, something similar to the sand castles in TAR 22 or the pirate chest in TAR 25 could be done involving snow/ice.
Maybe a roadblock of swimming in ice cold water.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2015, 02:36:46 PM »
Interesting coverage from a local affiliate: : "we'll be getting to South America, we'll be getting to Africa, we'll be getting to Europe, we'll be getting to Asia again." Bonus fun: listen for a couple of glaring errors.

I believe Phil has a very well structured mind, and if this is the case, he might have revealed the true continent order for the race. Brazil is South America´s top, main and almost only gateway to Africa. At least there are flights from Brazil to ex-Portuguese Africa and South Africa.

There may also have been a second leg in Brazil, so for these days (Tue-Wed-Thu...on), I would, and will, keep my eyes on:

1.- South Africa
2.- Angola
3.- Mozambique
4.- Cape Verde

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2015, 03:25:15 PM »
Andreas Rolén ‏@adderollen 2 hHá 2 horas Oslo, Norge

Ytterligare en kväll på BEKK! Amazing Race runt i Oslo, sen burgare och finöl på Oslo Mekaniska… https://instagram.com/p/4UleCRStb2/

I'm not buying this but...Oslo?

Dear Declive, I'd dismiss this one, it is both out of context, or better said, too much into another context and out of timing.

I take the opportunity to say OBRIGADÍSIMO with (to) you and your Rio team. Great job!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2015, 03:44:04 PM »
Not so good. I'm very proud but i believe our second leg was in Rio surroundings today and we had no clue of it  :(

BTW, Obrigadíssimo.  :funny: :hearts: :luvya:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2015, 04:24:00 PM »
The picture just posted by Alen seems to be in the National Geographic studios in Rio.

One of Adam/Alex is there on the computer...doing something?!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »
And if they are STILL in Rio that might mean a 18 hour pit stop

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2015, 04:28:11 PM »
I think 21 days in race = 11 legs total?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »
I think 21 days in race = 11 legs total?

Pretty sure we still have a 12 leg race. I remember Phil using #12Shows21Days last season

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
Either there searching flights to next destination ,unlikely but possible, or they were lost and are searching for directions or they get directions to the next location
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2015, 06:40:39 PM »
Interesting coverage from a local affiliate: : "we'll be getting to South America, we'll be getting to Africa, we'll be getting to Europe, we'll be getting to Asia again." Bonus fun: listen for a couple of glaring errors.

I believe Phil has a very well structured mind, and if this is the case, he might have revealed the true continent order for the race. Brazil is South America´s top, main and almost only gateway to Africa. At least there are flights from Brazil to ex-Portuguese Africa and South Africa.

There may also have been a second leg in Brazil, so for these days (Tue-Wed-Thu...on), I would, and will, keep my eyes on:

1.- South Africa
2.- Angola
3.- Mozambique
4.- Cape Verde

Africa eh? I think they'll go Europe after South America, then they'll sandwich Africa in between the European legs, then they'll go to Asia.

This might mean that there'll be no Australia and Oceania this season. I wonder what African country will be visited next.

P.S. I think Oslo is possible, but we need to get more proof for this right?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »

1.- South Africa
2.- Angola
3.- Mozambique
4.- Cape Verde

I believe South Africa is more possible and its getting overdue for a long time since it was last visited in TAR 7 and recently through international versions.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2015, 12:52:39 AM »

1.- South Africa
2.- Angola
3.- Mozambique
4.- Cape Verde

I believe South Africa is more possible and its getting overdue for a long time since it was last visited in TAR 7 and recently through international versions.

South Africa most probably might get visited. You can go to Johannesburg of South Africa from Sao Paulo (TAR7 and TAR11 South America-Africa transcontinental flight use this route as well) unless we might see the TAR2 scrambling flight from Brazil to South Africa AGAIN if the the flight to Johannesburg was not available on that particular day.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2015, 08:45:20 AM »
I was doing some flight research last night.......I found no single flights from Rio to any exotic destinations in Africa. Other than N and S America, the only destinations from Rio were the usual major hub airports in western Europe.

Checking departures from SP, I found a flight to Angola and another to J'
Burg. But nothing to Mozambique or Cabo Verde. Those of you that posted these destinations, would you please post the airline and flight number so I can figure out why my search didn't turn up these flights.

I also checked BsAs. Aerolineaus Argentinas used to be such a pioneer airline. It was the first to fly the long distance flights across the S Atlantic and S Pacific. NO nothing. Just really sad. Nothing exotic out of BsAs anymore either.......no Malaysia, no Singapore and no South African Airlines. Lan Chile and Qantas still fly the long S pacific route from Chile to Sydney.

I found nothing at all from Brasil to Cabo Verde currently. But I did find info that flights from Cabo Verde to the NE of Brasil will start this fall in Sept and Oct.
Flights to Recife, Fortaleza and Natal.

Matthew 7:15

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »
Those of you that posted these destinations, would you please post the airline and flight number so I can figure out why my search didn't turn up these flights.

I'm on the run at work right now, but I remember the itineraries, eb¿ven though, not the flight numbers.

1.- South African Airways: Sao Paulo-Rio-J'Burg connecting on to Maputo MZ
2.- TAAG Angola: Sao Paulo-Rio-Luanda connecting on to Praia CV

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2015, 09:49:56 AM »
On the last days i'm finding A LOT of Indonesian tweets about the amazing race. Worth to expect a visit there this season.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2015, 10:20:30 AM »
On the last days i'm finding A LOT of Indonesian tweets about the amazing race. Worth to expect a visit there this season.

I'm not ruling Indonesia out, they could very well go there again, but there are ALWAYS lots of tweets about the Amazing Race from Indonesia and the Philippines. Also Malaysia. Seems like most schools there run amazing races for the school kids.

It's also tricky to translate through Google because they (mainly Indonesian and Malay) use so many contractions to save space on Twitter. I'm sure I miss good stuff that way.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2015, 11:53:35 AM »
Guys I think you should contact her maybe? I don't know :D
Juliana Sierra Hello! I´m from Argentina. Today we change money to a team who was running in buenos aires. The thing is that they give us reales instead of euros, so we lost money .... is there any posibility to contact the racers??? we don´t even know their names....
It's her facebook

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2015, 12:08:06 PM »
PM me the link, please.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2015, 12:21:18 PM »
PM me the link, please.

Buenos Aires? Man, Alenaveda, that would be 2 Amazing Race visits to your city in 2 months. First Canada, now USA  :funny:

Now it makes sense why they fell off the radar. Like Alen said when trying to track the Canadian racers, there really isn't many TAR fans there, so it's a difficult place to follow them in.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »
I just came back from downtown Buenos Aires twenty minutes ago after wandering for two hours through all the area after finding a tweet about it, with zero results.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2015, 01:51:04 PM »
Wait, is that facebook post the only supposed evidence we have of the teams being in Argentina?
I don't really understand the post of flights in the transportation thread, or is it more speculation?

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2015, 02:26:29 PM »
Dear Marionete,

We have much, much more than just that.

!.- We have a logical location.
2.- We have a logical timing.
3.- We have an Argentinian expert that speaks like a local and can tell expressions apart.
4.- We have a possible sighting in downtown Buenos Aires.
5.- We have the Facebook chat.
and...
6.- We now have troops on the ground!

Buena suerte, Ale!!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:33:23 PM by Xarles »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2015, 02:51:43 PM »
I'm clueless. Just super clueless. Have NO idea where/what to search for  :(