Author Topic: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 329305 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »
We'll see. I believe that a 12h pit stop means flying and a 18h pit stop means staying in Rio.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »
A leg in the Amazon would be amazing. You can fly into Manaus, but I saw only 4 airlines listed.

Did you check how long the flights are? 4 hours And after they are finished there, they have to fly back (4 hours)  to either Rio or SP to escape Brasil.....well they can go back to Miami from Manaus, but that makes even less sense.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:04:57 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
I did not check how long, and they mostly connected through another city. I think Sao Paulo was one.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2015, 03:52:26 PM »
A leg in the Amazon would be amazing. You can fly into Manaus, but I saw only 4 airlines listed.

I'd love to have a leg in the Amazon area of Brazil.  I did fantasy races and I had legs in Manaus.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »
Flying to Manaus would be tricky, but doable. One flight from Rio in the morning is direct and about 4 hours.
Then a second flight connects through Brasilia, is about 5 and half hours. Others connect through Sao Paulo
and are 7 hours and longer, but most flights get there between 10 in the morning and three in the afternoon.
Research via travelocity.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »
Wow
Looking forward to the first episode

Weren't Justin Diana on the first flight?

Good job Declive - much appreciated
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2015, 04:42:01 PM »
I didn't say it wasn't doable............but it wont happen in the circumstances of today. It would be a waste of time and resources. Where I could see it happening is either the first stop or the next to last leg. If it is the first stop, then they can go there from Miami.........and not have to back track.

If it is the 11th leg....then they could do a finale in Miami and again, no backtracking.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »
I would love to see an Amazon leg, but I'm not sure how TAR is willing to detour into Manaus.
Not likely, but I could see TAR sneak in Africa this season by using Cape Verde.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2015, 05:24:47 PM »
I could definitely see teams travelling to Cape Verde this season. South Africa could also be a possibility for the first time in 20 seasons as flights are possible from Brazil > South Africa. Otherwise, I suspect Europe and Asia will play a central role for this season with a possible stop in Australia (Oceania).
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline csrosen93

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2015, 06:19:03 PM »
I'd like to see Manaus, but it probably ain't happening. In that case, I'm hoping for Brasilia which IMO is more than plausible.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2015, 06:20:51 PM »
It will be exciting wherever they go.   

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2015, 08:12:40 PM »
IMO routes have become too predictable in recent years in that they never stay in any continent other than Europe and Asia for more than 1 country anymore, so I'd honestly be surprised if the country that follows Brazil is still in South America :(

What would really come out of nowhere is if they broke new ground and became the first franchise to touch the seventh continent, Antarctica :P (which Phil has even said he'd love to do). But #1, it's difficult to get to. And #2, nobody there but scientists and some tourists.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2015, 09:01:46 PM »
IMO routes have become too predictable in recent years in that they never stay in any continent other than Europe and Asia for more than 1 country anymore, so I'd honestly be surprised if the country that follows Brazil is still in South America :(

What would really come out of nowhere is if they broke new ground and became the first franchise to touch the seventh continent, Antarctica :P (which Phil has even said he'd love to do). But #1, it's difficult to get to. And #2, nobody there but scientists and some tourists.

Maybe can be ice-science related tasks, tricky enough?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2015, 09:03:54 PM »

And #3, it would be bitter cold!  I would never want to go there!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2015, 09:08:36 PM »

And #3, it would be bitter cold!  I would never want to go there!
Apparently, almost no boats go to Antarctica, this time of year. If they wanted to go, they would have during the Southen Hemisphere Summer.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2015, 09:11:24 PM »
Are charter boats counted?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2015, 09:27:55 PM »
 -> Maybe Kelly & Shevonne were AT RISK in that picture???

???

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2015, 09:34:07 PM »
Hopefully one of the Amazon parts like Sao Luis Manaus and or Belem would visit by The Amazing Race...

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2015, 10:33:05 PM »
They could go to Sao Paulo by bus, there are many buses,and it is about 6 hours.
I sure would like to see them fly to Manaus.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2015, 10:36:27 PM »
If they wanna do Amazon, they should do it before Rio I think. I def wanna see Amazon leg but I think maybe Brasilia or Sao Paulo is more likely.

Kinda predict TAR23-route wise: double South America - Europe - Asia. Minus the UAE leg and then add some Oceania or India/China around the mid/late race.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2015, 11:09:56 PM »
I'd love to see a leg in the Amazon, but I was thinking that it'd be better to see them go to South Africa or any of its neighbors for the 2nd leg, with 10-11 teams racing. :hrt:

I'm predicting that they'll stay in South America though. Either they stay in Rio, or they go to somewhere else in Brazil.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2015, 11:27:23 PM »
Sadly our ground team is too tired and won't be going to see the Pit Start. Keep eyes open on twitter!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2015, 11:37:10 PM »
Sadly our ground team is too tired and won't be going to see the Pit Start. Keep eyes open on twitter!

Your team did a fantastic job scouting out leg 1! Well done.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2015, 11:39:12 PM »
:'( oh well, they did great for leg 1
Do you know where the pit start is?
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2015, 12:33:33 AM »
Peach and I and others discussed Antarctica when season 11 was being filmed, and when the teams were in fact sent to the southernmost city in Argentina.

Even then, there were regularly scheduled summer charter flights to the Antarctic coast and adjacent offshore islands, and it was possible to construct a leg with tasks and housing, then, with flights every other day.

Not sure what the current charter flight schedules are in the summer, but it is possible, but requires perfect timing to get in and out. That said, it won't be this season as it is the beginning of southern hemisphere winter.
-- theschnauzers