Author Topic: AMAZING RACE RENEWED for Season 27!  (Read 5278 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
AMAZING RACE RENEWED for Season 27!
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
And we are still on Friday's at 8PM!

FRIDAYS – CBS’s winning night returns intact with the Emmy Award-winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE at 8:00 PM, followed by the two-hour crime-solving block of HAWAII FIVE-0 at 9:00 PM and BLUE BLOODS, Friday’s most-watched show, at 10:00 PM.
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=42646

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: AMAZING RACE RENEWED for Season 27!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:25:03 PM »
Can't wait! When is TAR's turn for fan vote!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 06:26:29 PM »
If that ever ever happened I will fly to america and track down the casters to make sure they magically get Kent & Vyxsin to run again

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:11:05 PM »
I would love a TAR fan-vote, but please.

No threepeaters! Even though I would love having Kent & Vyxsin or (i'm overreaching) Charla & Mirna again, we run the risk of getting the Cowboys/Globes AGAIN and I just don't want that :lol:

One thing's for sure (if that happens), hopefully everyone's (TAR casuals) too busy voting for Bethany to return and we can actually get good returnees with our votes <3

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 11:52:01 PM »
Personally, I would love to see a fan cast returnee season, even under the same rules that Survivor is using. My only concern with how Survivor is doing it, and how it would be done for TAR is that the casting would be from the teams chosen by the usual suspects. As was the long running argument prior to the original All-Stars season, how TPTB would select and how many of the fans would select were and are not the same.

Therein lies the problem.

What might work is a preliminary online voting round where all the teams who had not won nor returned for additional season(s) would be listed and possibly go to as many rounds as needed to get the total down to a reasonable number for a final vote. If a team couldn't or wouldn't do it as their original team, then that could be vetted during the process. That's the step Survivor didn't follow, and it is what weakens the approach they are taking.
The other thing to keep in mind is that there have now been well over 200 teams, 500 Racers (don't forget there were 40 Racers on the Family Edition of 10 teams and something would have to be worked out for those folks) but if done through a series of rounds, it could work. And I think it would get a lot of attention.

The one unfortunate thing is that because of the two earthquakes and heavens knows what else with Nepal, it may be years before we can hope TAR finally gets there. (Before the earthquakes, in response to a live chat question, Phil had said they were in fact working on Nepal.) I still want them to go to Antarctica; it'd primarily a question of filming during the summer tourist season where there are ways to travel from South America. If only they had done so during TAR 11.....
-- theschnauzers

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 12:27:34 AM »
3 New places

-Lativia
-Qatar
-Trinadad and Tabago

3 Place they have not gone to for a long time

-Canada
-Iceland
-South Africa

3 places recently visited

-Singapore
-Malta
-UAE

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 12:32:04 AM »

No threepeaters! Even though I would love having Kent & Vyxsin or (i'm overreaching) Charla & Mirna again, we run the risk of getting the Cowboys/Globes AGAIN and I just don't want that :lol:

One thing's for sure (if that happens), hopefully everyone's (TAR casuals) too busy voting for Bethany to return and we can actually get good returnees with our votes <3

I'm not an expert on Survivor but were any of the people up for voting returned more than once?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 12:33:19 AM »

I'm not an expert on Survivor but were any of the people up for voting returned more than once?

Nope! This season is all about "Second-Chances".

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 12:37:18 AM »
Then that absolutely works for me! We could finally get the return of Brook & Claire!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 06:57:09 AM »
I would love a fan vote like Survivor, but no threepeaters.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 07:04:52 AM »
Threepeaters wouldn't be too bad, if they were good ones

Fourpeaters are a definite NO for me though

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 08:40:21 AM »
I'm gonna add myself in that no more 3-peats or 4-peats. :umn: I actually want to see more of some teams like John & Jessica, but they got their chance, twice.

I'm still hoping for the fan-voting thing to happen for a future all-star. :hoot:

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 08:41:33 AM »
If/When fan voting becomes a thing, I will definitely try to get deserving first boots back for a second chance  :)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 08:43:27 AM »
I'm gonna add myself in that no more 3-peats or 4-peats. :umn: I actually want to see more of some teams like John & Jessica, but they got their chance, twice.

I'm still hoping for the fan-voting thing to happen for a future all-star. :hoot:

*high-fives*

I really hated Jessica/John on TAR22, but they ended up being one of the highlights of that horrible season.

Goes to show how a second chance can change teams! :hrt:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »
Bethany is in plus us actual fans can control the vote. Win-win  :trampb:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 10:40:31 AM »
Wait is this an unfinished Business type thing