Author Topic: Amazing Race coincidences/irony/karma/poetic justice  (Read 55459 times)

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
Re: Amazing Race coincidences/irony/karma/poetic justice
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2017, 02:00:26 PM »
The positions where teams finished in TAR 9's Oman leg was an exact mirror of TAR 9's final placements.

BJ & Tyler were 5th (and last, but saved by NEL), and ended up winning the race.
Eric & Jeremy were 4th, and ended up 2nd in the race.
Ray & Yolanda were 3rd, and ended up 3rd in the race.
Joseph & Monica were 2nd, and ended up in 4th place.
Fran & Barry won the leg, and then were eliminated in the next leg in 5th place.

In other words,

5th->1st
4th->2nd
3rd->3rd
2nd->4th
1st->5th

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »
I realized that in TAR 11, none of the racers from TAR 4, 6, 8 returned, but the Top 3 placed 4th, 6th, 8th in the first two legs back-to-back, so coincidence?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2017, 10:26:59 PM »
From TARAus3:

John and Murray made it clear that they wouldn't help any Australian teams (only NZ teams), expect for the Intersection in Russia (Working with Ashleigh). Yet, in Leg 6, Daniel and Ryan had the chance to save J&M, but they didn't, due to them don't helping Aussie teams.

Karma?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2017, 04:43:56 AM »
I realized that in TAR 11, none of the racers from TAR 4, 6, 8 returned, but the Top 3 placed 4th, 6th, 8th in the first two legs back-to-back, so coincidence?
Wow nice :lol:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2017, 04:35:14 AM »
From TARAus3:

John and Murray made it clear that they wouldn't help any Australian teams (only NZ teams), expect for the Intersection in Russia (Working with Ashleigh). Yet, in Leg 6, Daniel and Ryan had the chance to save J&M, but they didn't, due to them don't helping Aussie teams.

Karma?

The reason they didn't save them was because they were a strong team who were a threat.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2017, 10:44:15 PM »
For TARCAN: S3,S4,S5 had the second boots last in the intro. For S4 and S5 the second last team in the intro was the first boot.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:34:32 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »
For TARCAN: S3,S4,S5 had the second boots last in the intro. For S4 and S4 the second last team in the intro was the first boot.

???
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
Don't know if anybody said this but in TAR 25, the 6 teams on the first flight to London from St Thomas were the final 6 teams that season.

LIMES
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:04:58 PM by nrh2110 »

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2018, 12:34:15 AM »
Now I'm going to give you guys a geography lesson first, before I start with the coincidences. So in East and South East Asia people consider the number 4 unlucky, even to the extent of going to 3 to 5, and skipping 4 completely in elevators. It is usually referred to death. Now what does all this have to do with what I'm going to be saying. Well TAR's first visit to China there were only 4 teams left. The majority of China visits in eastward routes usually end up being in the final 4. (1, 6, 11, 14, 16, 17, 27, 28, and 30) The first visit to South Korea was visited on the fourth season, and you guessed it there were 4 teams left. All visits to South Korea thus far in TAR US have had it always be the final 4. The first visit in Vietnam there were 4 teams left, as well as Taiwan. I just find this stuff interesting and no one has talked about this yet. What are your guys' thoughts on this.

EDIT: Talk about coincidences, this was my 44th post on this forum. Weird how the world works sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:39:59 AM by NELs »

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2018, 12:47:56 AM »
Now I'm going to give you guys a geography lesson first, before I start with the coincidences. So in East and South East Asia people consider the number 4 unlucky, even to the extent of going to 3 to 5, and skipping 4 completely in elevators. It is usually referred to death. Now what does all this have to do with what I'm going to be saying. Well TAR's first visit to China there were only 4 teams left. The majority of China visits in eastward routes usually end up being in the final 4. (1, 6, 11, 14, 16, 17, 27, 28, and 30) The first visit to South Korea was visited on the fourth season, and you guessed it there were 4 teams left. All visits to South Korea thus far in TAR US have had it always be the final 4. The first visit in Vietnam there were 4 teams left, as well as Taiwan. I just find this stuff interesting and no one has talked about this yet. What are your guys' thoughts on this.

EDIT: Talk about coincidences, this was my 44th post on this forum. Weird how the world works sometimes.

And your post is posted at 12:34, yeah.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2018, 02:18:01 PM »
The final task of the most recent Israeli season was to listen to Israeli songs that mention cities, figure which was the most recent one, and go to the famous university in the city for the finish line. The only team to get it wrong and go to the wrong location was a famous Israeli singer and his wife. Which is good because I disliked them.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
Kristi & Jen, Henry & Evan and Cody & Jessica were the Top 3 on the first leg. They went on to be the Final 3.

It was actually the third time this has happened on the US Version (Seasons 1 & 20).
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »
The top 5 of season 26 appeared back-to-back in the intro, although not in the right order.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2018, 11:40:32 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but in TAR 11, Charla & Mirna finished 8th on the first three legs, while Rob & Amber finished 1st on those legs. Then, on Leg 4, Charla & Mirna finished 7th, beating out Rob & Amber who were eliminated in 8th. The next two legs, Charla & Mirna finished 1st, effectively taking Rob & Amber's place at the top of the pack.

I don't know why, but to me the placements of the first 6 legs of All Stars have always seemed like a kind of poetic justice. But really, that whole season is filled with that kind of stuff, much more than the average season is.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2019, 09:30:03 AM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but in TAR 11, Charla & Mirna finished 8th on the first three legs, while Rob & Amber finished 1st on those legs. Then, on Leg 4, Charla & Mirna finished 7th, beating out Rob & Amber who were eliminated in 8th. The next two legs, Charla & Mirna finished 1st, effectively taking Rob & Amber's place at the top of the pack.

I don't know why, but to me the placements of the first 6 legs of All Stars have always seemed like a kind of poetic justice. But really, that whole season is filled with that kind of stuff, much more than the average season is.

I cant remember Mariano headbutt with charla, if they were than its a poetic justice
Swarm stupidity

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2019, 11:09:26 AM »
TAR5

Colin and Christie were in their home state of Texas but came in 2nd in the final leg in Dallas.

TAR31

Tyler and Korey were in their home state of Michigan but came in 2nd in the final leg in Detroit, while Colin and Christie ended up winning.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2019, 05:25:33 PM »

I cant remember Mariano headbutt with charla, if they were than its a poetic justice

Rob: She can't talk to you

Mirna: You know what, shut the hell up. I was praying to my deceased grandmother for good luck.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2019, 07:45:29 PM »
TAR 25 leg 11 and leg 12 have an exact turnaround of teams placement, ala TAR 16 leg 7 and 8

Team placement on leg 10 of TAR31 is the exact order of the final placement.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2019, 04:15:18 AM »
TAR 6 had a top 6 filled with hot, young, attractive, in-love co-ed teams, with the rest (an older couple, some family and friends) getting eliminated early.
The top 8 also qualify as having been filled with co-ed teams with only one team being of familial connection.

TAR 14, it is a reverse instead. Here, the top 7 is filled with family and friends, with the rest (young and older co-ed teams) getting eliminated early.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:19:54 AM by Lemontail »