Author Topic: TAR 27 - Pre-race Speculation: (No wishlists)  (Read 118905 times)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 - Pre-race Speculation: (No wishlists)
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »
We'll just all have to wait until the race is underway. We might get a great route this season, hope for the best but expect the worst though. Hopefully TAR has learned its mistakes (Season 24 was horrible).

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »
We'll just all have to wait until the race is underway. We might get a great route this season, hope for the best but expect the worst though. Hopefully TAR has learned its mistakes (Season 24 was horrible).
Seasons 25 and 26 slap you to remind you about how TAR has improved since the season that shall not be named

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2015, 09:39:31 AM »
Seasons 25 and 26 slap you to remind you about how TAR has improved since the season that shall not be named

And, even season 25 and 26 visited new countries, though it's very small but worth more than overused countries!
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »

Firstly, please do read the previous page, we were discussing that if South Korea was to be visited this season and since there's a MERS-COV scare there, a replacement leg could be done. I was referring to Season 24's mistake as Philippines and Australia were speculated to be included and were axed due to several reasons that is why a replacement leg was in place, Malaysia, I think?. I am referring to the replacement legs.  Second I did not say anything bad about season 25 & 26 BOTH WERE GREAT SEASONS! I can never deny that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:03:19 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2015, 09:56:28 AM »
Season 25 & 26 were countries visited were fine. There were no problems in each of those countries during the filming. Season 24's had issues. Philippines was included, but was axed due to the typhoon and politics problems. TAR does not want to repeat the controversy of Season 22's Vietnam episode.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:02:42 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2015, 10:02:38 AM »
According to MERS right now, I think we can rule out China (Hong Kong), South Korea and all middle east. (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Oman) And recently asian country should be rule out too: Thailand, Japan, Singapore, Phillipines, Malaysia, Sri Lanka.

I don't think they'll be much choice left for TAR27 asian country choice. We'll possibly see India (I predict double India) and maybe some south east asia. (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Brunei)

I hope that this will not interupt with WRP's plan and force them to make replacement leg. :( The Phuket-BKK nightmare in TAR19 and all those in TAR24 were super horrible.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2015, 10:07:50 AM »

Firstly, please do read the previous page, we were discussing that if South Korea was to be visited this season and since there's a MERS-COV scare there, a replacement leg could be done. I was referring to Season 24's mistake as Philippines and Australia were speculated to be included and were axed due to several reasons. I am referring to the replacement legs.  Second I DID NOT say anything bad about season 25 & 26 BOTH WERE GREAT! I can never deny it.
Sorry, your wording there wasn't really that clear. I know that we were talking about the possibility of a replacement leg, but the wording made it seem like you didn't acknowledge TAR25 and 26's massive improvement.

I'm going to defend TAR24 here for a second (really surprising), and say that Leg 4 was easily the best episode of the entire season for me. And it was a replacement leg.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2015, 10:08:24 AM »
When I saw the news, I have a bad feeling TAR27 will be TAR15 and TAR24 all over again with the various replacement leg which is sucks.  :gaah:

Btw the MERS virus outbreak in SoKor was mainly caused by SoKor traveller who just returned from Middle East area IIRC, so I think WRP will exclude Middle East visit and prohibited all the teams take the connecting flight via Middle East area in TAR27 for the safety purpose.

So what if any of outbreak-free Middle East countries (not including ISIS conflicts) hoping a chance to visit. I saw on Wiki article about MERS corona outbreak in South Korea that Saudi Arabia won't visit for long.

Saudi Arabia will never get visited by TAR because of any female including foreigner must travelling along with Male counterpart, no self-driving etc. which was impossible for production and F/F teams to race there. In fact, the MERS virus was originally detected in Saudi Arabia. So for sure TAR will 100% not visiting Saudi Arabia.

Looks like Israel was the only suitable ME country. But the original TAR never visit Israel due to the fact that the travel insurance cost was very expensive.

As a conclusion, TAR27 might skipped all Middle East area due to MERS virus outbreak and safety instabilities.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »
According to MERS right now, I think we can rule out China (Hong Kong), South Korea and all middle east. (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Oman) And recently asian country should be rule out too: Thailand, Japan, Singapore, Phillipines, Malaysia, Sri Lanka.

I don't think they'll be much choice left for TAR27 asian country choice. We'll possibly see India (I predict double India) and maybe some south east asia. (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Brunei)

I hope that this will not interupt with WRP's plan and force them to make replacement leg. :( The Phuket-BKK nightmare in TAR19 and all those in TAR24 were super horrible.

Then how about Indonesia?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2015, 10:11:04 AM »

India, one of Indonesia, Malaysia or Vietnam and China are fine, but are more safe. Nepal is more unlikely due to with the recent catastrophic April and May earthquakes.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:18:01 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2015, 10:11:55 AM »
A leg themed around helping all the locals in Nepal would be awesome but so unsafe  :(

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2015, 10:13:07 AM »

I think China is really possible for this season...and I think China mainland should be safe to visit(except canton?but I didn't think they plan to visit there )

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2015, 10:15:50 AM »

I think China is really possible for this season...and I think China mainland should be safe to visit(except canton?but I didn't think they plan to visit there )

Well I don't think that we will visit India in some areas due ongoing heat wave, but Mumbai or even Calcutta should be safe, I don't know.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2015, 10:19:47 AM »

India, one of Indonesia, Malaysia or Vietnam and China are fine, but are more safe. Nepal is more unlikely due to unstable with the recent April and May earthquakes.

Well, be expect Philippines as get visited soon as well given the past we have 3 consecutive seasons to feature at least a leg in the same country (India - 12, 13, 14 | China  - 16, 17 (Hong Kong), 18 | Indonesia - 21, 22, 23).

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »

India, one of Indonesia, Malaysia or Vietnam and China are fine, but are more safe. Nepal is more unlikely due to unstable with the recent April and May earthquakes.

I've been hoping for a Nepal visit for years, but the earthquakes brought to light a reason why it's so difficult to put it on the route.

The country is served by 1 small airport, which was utterly bottlenecked with all the foreign aid from around the world pouring in.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2015, 10:22:39 AM »
Or Kashmir? Is it possible? Since it's new for TAR too, but I'm not sure about the safety.

I totally forgot that India got heat wave right now. Sad for them.  :(

I think Indonesia is possible, but after 4 visit in 5 consecutive seasons. I don't really think they'll go there again before I don't know maybe season 30. They still can explore another island though, Medan is the nice choice to have a leg.

Nepal's visit involved task with helping local would be nice to watch. (Aka Phuket's coral rebuild task in season 19) But I highly doubt it.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2015, 10:25:17 AM »
The route for this season is going to be so radically different due to all of the unsafe/restricted countries right now, I think

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
The route for this season is going to be so radically different due to all of the unsafe/restricted countries right now, I think

Aka, skipping Asia for the first time ever? :lol:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2015, 10:31:14 AM »

Well I don't think that we will visit India in some areas due ongoing heat wave, but Mumbai or even Calcutta should be safe, I don't know.

Didn't TARCAN3 just visit India (New Delhi) during the heat wave period. So I think they still can race in India, just it did add a couple race difficulties with drama on it. :lol: Maybe this season we might get visit southern part cities like revisit Chennai since TAR10, or even visit a new country of Maldives just located at the south of Indian subcontinent, I don't know.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:34:39 AM by naejae91 »

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »

That would be a great change of pace! They could even just have a leg or two in Canada/Mexico before the finale, in replacement of Asia.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2015, 10:32:44 AM »

Firstly, please do read the previous page, we were discussing that if South Korea was to be visited this season and since there's a MERS-COV scare there, a replacement leg could be done. I was referring to Season 24's mistake as Philippines and Australia were speculated to be included and were axed due to several reasons. I am referring to the replacement legs.  Second I DID NOT say anything bad about season 25 & 26 BOTH WERE GREAT! I can never deny it.
Sorry, your wording there wasn't really that clear. I know that we were talking about the possibility of a replacement leg, but the wording made it seem like you didn't acknowledge TAR25 and 26's massive improvement.

I'm going to defend TAR24 here for a second (really surprising), and say that Leg 4 was easily the best episode of the entire season for me. And it was a replacement leg.

I see, sorry if my wording might have confused some. Thank you for pointing that out.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:48:06 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2015, 10:39:20 AM »

This might be a good idea. If they were to visit Asia only once this season, it should be Maldives. Oceania (New Zealand, Australia, French Polynesia, Fiji) needs a visit again. Canada has been long overdue. Visiting Asia once or totally not gives the chance for new countries to be visited as well as undervisited ones.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:46:50 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »

This might be a good idea. If they were to visit Asia only once this season, it should be Maldives. Oceania (New Zealand, Australia, French Polynesia, Fiji) needs a visit again. Canada has been long overdue.

It's great if they go New Zealand this season since New Zealand is in winter and snow especially in South Island. I think we never have a winter/snowy NZ legs so far in any TAR franchise.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:47:40 AM by naejae91 »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2015, 11:26:18 AM »
I don't think they will visit China unless it is the replacement.
The only Asian country they might visit would be Cambodia.

The route could be very well S America, Europe, 1 Asian leg, and a ton of Oceania legs.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2015, 12:00:26 PM »
I don't think they will visit China unless it is the replacement.
The only Asian country they might visit would be Cambodia.

The route could be very well S America, Europe, 1 Asian leg, and a ton of Oceania legs.
What about India?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax