The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 26: Jelani Roy & Jenny Wu "Blind Daters"

<< < (2/9) > >>

Plaidmoon:
Here's a brief interview with Jenny Wu. In it, she talks about how she got selected for the show (auditioned with a friend, was asked about being a blind date, survived 10 interviews!), how she trained before the filming and what sweat proof makeup items she used on the race.

http://la.racked.com/2015/2/12/8025133/la-blogger-amazing-race-star-jenny-wu-talks-reality-tv-sweat-proof

LA Blogger & Amazing Race Star Jenny Wu Talks Reality TV, Sweat-Proof Beauty

On Wednesday, February 25th, the twenty-sixth season of beloved reality competition show The Amazing Race will premiere on CBS. In addition to there being a twist in the usual team setup (pairs normally consist of competitors with preexisting relationships; this time five of the teams will consist of couples meeting the first time), this season is particularly interesting because it will star an LA blogger.

Here, former lawyer Jenny Wu of Good, Bad, and Fab gives us the scoop on her experience on the show, where she played for one million dollars. Although she can't reveal if she won the big bucks, she is sharing where she trained for the gig in LA, what beauty products saved her face during the competition, and what she thinks about the world of reality TV.

What was the audition process like?

I sent in an audition tape with a girlfriend of mine. We are both huge Amazing Race fans and love traveling and experiencing new adventures. After submitting the video, they called me back the next day and said they were pairing up strangers for the new season and wanted me to move forward in the audition process. I called my friend, got her blessing, and then went through ten more rounds of auditions.

How did you train for the show?

I worked out with my personal trainer, Jules Erickson at Iron Gym in Santa Monica, twice a week. I also practiced yoga and did blasts of cardio whenever and wherever I could. It was intense, but it put me in the best shape of my life!

What beauty products did you use to stay looking fresh?

I loaded up on sweat-proof makeup! For all-day coverage, I used Too Faced Melted lipstick ($21), Youngblood mineral powder ($40), Covergirl liquid eyeliner ($5.60), Physician's Formula BB cream ($14.95), and Urban Decay Cannonball waterproof mascara ($20).

What was the most challenging part of the Amazing Race experience?

Learning to believe in myself and to let go of my fears.

What was the most surprising thing you learned about taping reality TV?

On The Amazing Race, what you see is what actually happened!

What's next for you? Do you want to do more reality TV?

Through my blog, my YouTube channel, and other media platforms, I hope to continue to inspire and empower others to follow their dreams. After all, I'm just an ordinary girl living extraordinary moments. I also want to spread the message that you can be a fierce and intelligent female while still embracing your passion for beauty and fashion. Ladies, we can have it all. As for reality TV, probably not for a while, but I'd love to host my own travel show!

Witchcraft:
I've been following Jenny's blog for quite a while now, we are definitely about to see the most fashionable racer yet. Jenny & Jelani to win!

georgiapeach:
:bigwelcome to RFF, Witchcraft!

prairienorth03:
I enjoyed watching them last night. My favorite moment was when they were having their nerdy lawyer moment on their way to the pit stop (the whole "what does vicinity mean" conversation).

gamerfan09:
I also love them, I love how they walked to Phil using the Detour dance moves :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version